BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are we being linked to every (Please don't use that word again)ing MK dons player...now i believe we looking at their keeper....Ince is making me sick to the rafters.Sells Friedel, and wants to bring in a French charlie, because he knows him, and because he plays for his previous club.Its either MK dons players or staff or Liverpool players and staff that he knows....

Good grief,there is a world of players he could get who are of real quality,and with the right attitude and know how, could get them for a good price.Just seems that JW is holding Ince's hand in everything he does..."no Paul,dont do that"

I don't know of a time-scale, but it would be sensible to have one.

I agree.

I think we have 4 preseason matches left, 2 after this weekend. Whilst most of the hard work will be done in training I think it would be prudent to allow a new keeper some match time in these preasons games.

Is there a chance Villa could get fed up with this whole process and pull their interest in Brad, if it drags on for a while?

I am getting a bit worried about all the balls we have in the air at the moment....

Villaneuva

New target to replace Castillo

Pre Season training

Ince bedding down his staff team

Ince assessing the players

Finding a right back

Negotiating for Robinson

Fending off interest for Warnock

Negotiating on Bentley

Finding potential replacement for Bentley

Its all a bit crazy...

It's comical really the extent to which everyone on here thinks our players are worth a fortune, and everyone else's players are worth peanuts.

I'm not a huge fan of Pennant, but to suggest Bentley is worth six times what he is, is quite ludicrous.

If we could get an inflated 18m for Bentley, I don't think 6m for Lennon or Pennant would represent the worst value ever.

Of course if we could get either of them for a giveaway 3m, so much the better, but it's not very realistic.

Im very disappointed with Brad. I know a lot of you will say 'he deserves his last pay day' etc. but I can't help but feel that a player who called us his 'home' is letting us down when the chips are certainly down at the moment. I feel he's disrespecting the fans by 'getting out whilst he can' - very disappointing indeed even though he is unarguably a Rovers legend.

On another note, all this mass exodus speculation must certainly be putting other players off joining the club. Even if it is all speculation, it is terribly depressing for the fans and is starting to create a negative atmosphere around the place. The club need to start sending out positive messages even if they are a smokescreen.

Nicko, I can't help but feel there are other factors behind brad's imminent departure other than money. Are you aware of any such goings on?

It's comical really the extent to which everyone on here thinks our players are worth a fortune, and everyone else's players are worth peanuts.

I'm not a huge fan of Pennant, but to suggest Bentley is worth six times what he is, is quite ludicrous.

If we could get an inflated 18m for Bentley, I don't think 6m for Lennon or Pennant would represent the worst value ever.

Of course if we could get either of them for a giveaway 3m, so much the better, but it's not very realistic.

I am not biased towards Rovers, but Bentley is justifiably worth the fee - or close to it - as he is a rising star who plays every week for his club and is a current England player.

Pennant is a hit-and-miss winger who can't get in his club side except when there is an injury crisis, he left his last club when they were relegated and bareky got a kick for his first club. He may/may not ever be a Premier League player. He is a Liverpool reserve and they are worth about £3 million.

You forgot to add the words "in my opinion".

I don't know of a time-scale, but it would be sensible to have one.

The interesting factor (and maybe worrying) is why there seems to be a panic set in for a need to get a 'replacement keeper' (Friedal cannot be replaced unless it was Cech IMO) with no mention of Brown.

Now either Brown is good enough or he isn't (from little we have seen of him IMO he is capable )- and if the answer is he isn't - what the hell is he doing as our #NO.2?

Is there a chance Villa could get fed up with this whole process and pull their interest in Brad, if it drags on for a while?

Martin O'Neill is a cuatious type. I think he will give it a week or two before he gets nervous.

Where does he get a better keeper for the money?

Its all a bit crazy...

Yes.

I am not biased towards Rovers, but Bentley is justifiably worth the fee - or close to it - as he is a rising star who plays every week for his club and England.

Pennant is a hit-and-miss winger who can't get in his club side except when there is an injury crisis, he left his last club when they were relegated and bareky got a kick for his first club. He may/may not ever be a Premier League player. He is a Liverpool reserve and they are worth about £3 million.

I do agree with that to an extent, but Pennant is certainly a Premiership player, and, as you said, never really got a chance in the first team except when he was at Brum where he did very well.

I would say we could give him regular football, guidance, and fitness. There were a couple of games towards the end of last season where Pennant looked their best player (although admittedly as you say they had an injury crisis on). However clearly he is surplus to requirements at Anfield. Its up to Ince, but I think he has the ability, and he is proven as a decent player in the Prem.

3m is an absolute bargain. I would contemplate anything up to six.

Where does he get a better keeper for the money?

Good question.

I think its clear he wants an experienced 30+ year old keeper who will perform well for the team and at the same time provide some guidance and experience to the young keeper Guzan?

What about Cudicini? surprised O'Neil didn't take a look at him.

Got to say this pre-season transfer market seems very odd... lots of talk about our players but no real action.

Kind of feel sorry for Ince, he arrives and every other club in the league is after our players.. and some of them want to go.

Really wish the spuds would just put their money where their mouth is and get this over and done with...

Part of me wonders if Ince himself is delaying as much as possible in the vain hope we get to the end of the transfer window with the squad intact, after all bentley sale may give the gooners cash for cruz.. and that scares me.

So Nicko if you had 6million quid to spend on a central midfield guy something like an Ince style player.. who would it be?

Good question.

I think its clear he wants an experienced 30+ year old keeper who will perform well for the team and at the same time provide some guidance and experience to the young keeper Guzan?

What about Cudichini? surprised O'Neil didn't take a look at him.

Friedel is top class, Cudicini isn't.

I am not biased towards Rovers, but Bentley is justifiably worth the fee - or close to it - as he is a rising star who plays every week for his club and England.

Hmmmm..................... fair shout but if Pennant was a Rovers player and playing every week, and was on the fringes of England selection, and Bentley was at Liverpool and couldn't hold down a regular slot and was being shuffled in and out of the side, would Pennant suddenly be worth 17m and Bentley 3m?

I don't rate Pennant especially, just using him as an example.

It's as incongruous as saying Berbatov is worth 28m but RSC is only worth 10m imo.

:)

jermaine pennant is a premier league player-for me all he needs is the games to get a run going-he can be a good player-he would offer us something we dont have on the wings too-pace..id be more then happy with pennant replacing bentley..

robinson and pennant into replace friedal and bentley-in a years time both would probably be in the england squad..

In terms of other clubs Nicko. Any truth in the following:

- Newcastle are in for Reyes and Baptista...REYES IS NOT THE PLAYER HE WAS - SO HE WOULD BE IDEAL FOR NEWCASTLE. :lol: KEEGAN WANTS A LEFT BACK, CENTRE HALF AND A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD SITTER. MAYBE AN EXTRA ATTACKER IF HE CAN.

- Spurs are closing in on Arshavin...HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN YESTERDAY, BUT IT'S SPURS SO THE TIME DRAGS BY.

- Everton are in for Moutinho...WANTED HIM BEFORE, THE AGENT DOING THE DEAL HAS A SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EVERTON MONEY MEN...SO THAT IS POSSIBLE. BUT VERY EXPENSIVE.

Hmmmm..................... fair shout but if Pennant was a Rovers player and playing every week, and was on the fringes of England selection, and Bentley was at Liverpool and couldn't hold down a regular slot and was being shuffled in and out of the side, would Pennant suddenly be worth 17m and Bentley 3m?

But he's not...

And if Pennant was in the Liverpool team and England squad he would be valued at about £12-15 million.

I am not biased towards Rovers, but Bentley is justifiably worth the fee - or close to it - as he is a rising star who plays every week for his club and is a current England player.

Spot on Nicko, Pennant isnt the brightest of bright this for me seems to drag his undoubted talents down a level below what he should be reaching.

He has undoubted talents Pennant but his brain just aint going to deliver those talents on a consistant basis, interestingly you dont hear of Steve Bruce his old boss looking at him, that in itself tells a story for me.

nicko, in the last 48 hours have you heard of any possible good rovers news which you may not be reluctunt to mention just yet ^_^

If I had any I would be writing it.

Suddeny there is a bit of pressure on Carlos Villanueva being the worldie he looks...

But he's not...

And if Pennant was in the Liverpool team and England squad he would be valued at about £12-15 million.

yes he is, no he's not, yes he is........................ :lol:

But if Pennant was getting a regular start every week (e.g. at Ewood) there's no real reason why he couldn't be in that position in 12 months time.

Archived