BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Hmmmm..................... fair shout but if Pennant was a Rovers player and playing every week, and was on the fringes of England selection, and Bentley was at Liverpool and couldn't hold down a regular slot and was being shuffled in and out of the side, would Pennant suddenly be worth 17m and Bentley 3m?

I don't rate Pennant especially, just using him as an example.

It's as incongruous as saying Berbatov is worth 28m but RSC is only worth 10m imo.

:)

I suppose this from theBBC can warrant a guidleine and add substance to Nicko here Rev re Bentley if valuations is anthing to go by

MUNTARI TO INTER

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Nicko if you had 6million quid to spend on a central midfield guy something like an Ince style player.. who would it be?

Not sure about Nicko but for me I would enquire about Alonso

Maybe not Ince style but available .. however would doubt he would come. Also could end up in the swings and merry go round scenario with Bentley again.

I suppose this from theBBC can warrant a guidleine and add substance to Nicko here Rev re Bentley if valuations is anthing to go by

MUNTARI TO INTER

Not saying Bentley isn't worth 17 or 18m Capt, just saying if that is indeed the case, then it is unrealistic imo to value the next best replacements at 3m.

jermaine pennant is a premier league player-for me all he needs is the games to get a run going-he can be a good player-he would offer us something we dont have on the wings too-pace..id be more then happy with pennant replacing bentley..

robinson and pennant into replace friedal and bentley-in a years time both would probably be in the england squad..

Couldn’t agree more with you Mozzer on Pennant…He is a good player,who just had to contend with even better players ahead of him…this could be another Bentley in the making….Pennant,going nowehere,club wants to get rid,he is not enjoying himself and might want to look somewhere else for 1st team football.So he comes to Rovers,starts regularly and gains in confidence and he shines…If everything goes well for him,the a call up to the England team is not out of the question,and the same goes for Robinson….

In fact we could have Pennant,Robinson,Warnock and perhaps even Derbyshire featuring in the England team..who knows perhaps Dunny can add to his England caps…. So im glad that there are a possibility of having more English players in the team…..

But he's not...

And if Pennant was in the Liverpool team and England squad he would be valued at about £12-15 million.

Exactly

Besides which Bentley is only worth GBP18m if

1- Spuds double their initial offer

2- Spuds pay 50% over what they are probably willing to offer (GBP12m)

3- Spuds pay far more than they see as the highest realistic price they would go to for him before they went elsewhere (Silva and Joaquin)

If 1, 2 and 3 don't happen, Bentley stays a Rovers player just as Barry is staying a Villain. Villa saw no interest in dropping their GBP18m valuation so I cannot see any earthly reason for Rovers to drop their GBP18m valuation especially as Arsenal are going to have their noses in the proceeds. Rovers have a further incentive to be complete stonewallers over Bentley as capitulating could open the flood gates for clubs to think they could get RSC and Warnock at knock down prices without a fight.

So Blatter thinks the likes of Ronaldo are slaves- diddums.

yes he is, no he's not, yes he is........................ :lol:

But if Pennant was getting a regular start every week (e.g. at Ewood) there's no real reason why he couldn't be in that position in 12 months time.

Then we could sell him to spuds, 12-15m

Not spuds again, please no. :lol:

I'm not a huge fan of Pennant, but to suggest Bentley is worth six times what he is, is quite ludicrous.

It really is comical Rev,our best players want away and we even have our own fans trying to talk their value down!!

Bentley is worth 18million in the current market make no mistake.

Not saying Bentley isn't worth 17 or 18m Capt, just saying if that is indeed the case, then it is unrealistic imo to value the next best replacements at 3m.

Yes and no Rev - is Bentley really worth the valuations

To Rovers he most definitely is etc and in the scheme of things - ie regular , young England International etc.

Pennant is not a regular starter, not International, 'plagued by injury' crimial record (bad past) etc - may have potential but yet to be proven.

maybe a little more than 3m but only Liverpool can expect a £6M fee for him

It really is comical Rev,our best players want away and we even have our own fans trying to talk their value down!!

Bentley is worth 18million in the current market make no mistake.

Like I said SG, not trying to talk DB's value down, but Pennant is worth about 6m if Bentley is worth 18m. Imo.

Like I said SG, not trying to talk DB's value down, but Pennant is worth about 6m if Bentley is worth 18m. Imo.

Well go and find GBP6m and buy Pennant- don't think you'll find you will be trampled in any sort of rush at that price.

Well go and find GBP6m and buy Pennant- don't think you'll find you will be trampled in any sort of rush at that price.

Thanks for the invite, but I doubt Liverpool would accept the 6m made up of a hundred quid per annum spread over the next 60,000 years.

If Darren Bent was sold for £16.5m, then the "supposed" £17-18m asking price for Bentley is under valued!!!

And Fergie blamed Blackburn for the inflation in cost of players because we signed Shearer for £3.3m. LMFAO!!!

nicko, a bit more cash is being freed up now,

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3860417,00.html

Also you said last night that spurs were going to sell someone else(unexpected), do you know who?

Also what types of player is ince looking for in place of castillo, is he looking for a defensive midfielder

Thats not true... Sky has it wrong again.

He's gone to Hull City on a 6 month loan deal.

see link;

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/football/hull_c...cle.php?ID=7606

No offense to nicko, but this is the most accurate comment in this thread.

in my opinion.

Spot on there! By the way, "Heart in Maine, Body in Delaware" That must have been one mother of an explosion! :D

Archived