BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

I will cut it down what was said on SkySports news:

Blablabla, Keane going to Liverpool, Blablabla Berbatov going to United... Possible replacements include Roque Santa Cruz (interested), agent playing waiting game...

So it's Sky...no need to panic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roque wants to leave, there's no doubt about that.

The thing is, I have no faith in Ince to sign a replacement.

This could be a very long season...

Read most of my other posts over the last couple months, theyve been pretty upbeat about the mananger

outgoings/incomings.

But.......Now enough is enough!Cruz, Bentley, Friedel ie. our 3 best players last season

all look to be moving?Can you think why?........Extremely poor backroom staff? 1st target = Fowler?Ince?

I cant see us improving on the 7th finish! Really pesimistic about this season!really not looking forward to it!

And for me to change my mind something big will have to change from now till the season starts!

So it's Sky...no need to panic.

Fair point, its just never good to hear any news source linking your top players away from the club.

Lets be realistic though, even if it is just speculation at the moment, if Spurs sell Keane and Berbatov, Berbatov would seem extremely likely I think then they are going to be looking for at least 1 if not 2 strikers. With the inconsistency of Bent more likely its going to be 2. One of these has a strong chance of being Arshavin but the next has not been spoken of yet, apart from rumours about Rocky.

Where are Spurs going to get a striker who has proven premiership quality that can get them 20 goals a season for £20m approx? Nowhere really, I'm sure they'll come sniffing, the only hope that if they take as long over that as they are over Bentley then we should survive the next 3 or 4 transfer windows!

Roque wants to leave, there's no doubt about that.

No doubt? Get a grip. Maybe he wants to leave, who knows, but what we have are two comments from agents vaguely stating that he'd be interested in moves, and more direct quotes from the man himself that he's happy at Rovers. How one can from that draw the conclusion that he definitely wants to leave (Or for that matter, definitely wants to stay) beats me.

There's also a difference between actively wanting out and being open to offers. If an attractive enough offer came in I'm sure Roque would seriously consider it, and maybe even accept, but I don't believe he's trying to engineer a move.

I think that Brad and Bentley are the only big departures this offseason. Roberts and a central midfielder or two might leave as well, but then that'll be on our terms.

Fair point, its just never good to hear any news source linking your top players away from the club.

Lets be realistic though, even if it is just speculation at the moment, if Spurs sell Keane and Berbatov, Berbatov would seem extremely likely I think then they are going to be looking for at least 1 if not 2 strikers. With the inconsistency of Bent more likely its going to be 2. One of these has a strong chance of being Arshavin but the next has not been spoken of yet, apart from rumours about Rocky.

Where are Spurs going to get a striker who has proven premiership quality that can get them 20 goals a season for £20m approx? Nowhere really, I'm sure they'll come sniffing, the only hope that if they take as long over that as they are over Bentley then we should survive the next 3 or 4 transfer windows!

If Spurs can't agree a fee for Bentley what chance would they have of agreeing a fee for Roque?

Offer £40 million for both - and don't bother with swaps - and they might have a chance.

Jimmy Bullard

Why we are not in for him when Wigan are pressing, I will never know

Almost single-handedly get Fulham up last year great call but cannot see us spending the 4M+ to sign someone the wrong side of 30.

Can't believe my ears!

Santa Cruz's agent has said "he is willing to sit and play the waiting game with regard to going to Spurs?!" :angry::(:o :o :o

Are you having a laugh, he said he wants out 2 days after he said he liked ince and they got on well. Duck me what next, we'll find out Ewood is subsiding and its not covered on the insurance.

Surely someones just having a laugh???

Completely and utterly agree.

How Spurs can be said to show ambition is beyond me. All they show is flash pointless plastic wealth. Every year they ship out around 15 players to "thin the squad", then buy another bucketload and try to shoe them into a team.

The entire club is built on foundations as classy as Chas and as tasteful as Dave - Unfortunately, footballers seem to be impressed by that sort of thing.

But now they have Ramos, what he did at Seville was very impressive, he has a good eye fora player. He is also well respected in the game and has done the whole breaking into the top 4 thing in spain. Ramos is getting rid of useless rubbish players who are capable of achieving what the club want they could be a real threat to Pools 4th spot this year, but more likely next year after they gel.

lets keep some perspective here.

its happening to all the clubs - look at arsenal. they have already lost 2 first choice midfielders and their star striker also wants out.

this is not just about us. its happening to far bigger clubs than us too. Its just the way of the new football world. The sooner you get used to it the better.

Its a bit different come on Arsenal are huge, Wenger is one of the top coaches in the world. Who ever leaves the emirates they will be able to go out and replace them no problem. We however may struggle to do so, no european football so we will not really appeal to more established player abroad.

And I thought nightmares only happened when you where sleeping!!!

I've never know a more pessimistic bunch of people than some who post on here.

I'm sure that if they won £10m on the lottery they'd feel unhappy and moan because it wasn't £11m

Be careful you don't go outside folks, the sky might fall in

I'm sure that if they won £10m on the lottery they'd feel unhappy and moan because it wasn't £11m

+1..I'm bemused by all the moaning. Rocky has not said he's going. In fact he made a statement that he's happy. In the end if he leaves for 20,000,000 would that be the end of the World. No. Rovers would carry on like we always have. Would any of you stop supporting Rovers. No. get a reality check. Football has changed in the last 15 years. There is no loyalty in football. Only money matters. If we had an Abrahmovic style sugar daddy would we moan if we bought all the best players, not caring a damn about the club we bought him from. I bet not.

after not much consideration i have decided to go and support spurs.

i have always dreamed of supporting spurs, ever since i decided hoddle was my favorite player and when i heard they played in white that sold it for me. i also like there badge.

also tottenham is in london, and thats where i go to uni, so i will be closer to my friends and family (in southampton) when i go and watch my beloved spurs.

after 15 years of supporting rovers i feel i have served my time at a small town club and i very much look forward to welcoming roque santa cruz and david bentley to the lane.

ahhh one new email message...that will be my confirmation of my membership regestration to the spurs fans forums.hopefully i will settle in staright away...im sure there opinions will be much more valid that all of yours.and i will be slagging off the team i once loved as soon as i get to my new spiritial home on the spres forum.

im gunna go and rubber stam my decision by buying all the spurs shirts off of ebay from the last 10 and il tell everyone how 'i was there' when we...we....oh yeah one the carling cup last season and not forgeting that time we went 3-0 up against man united only to lo..s...e 5- erm 3.actually i think il leave that one out, but there are plenty ofother good ol lane moments to regail to my friends about.maybe they will join me too.

(oh an by the way im taking nicko with me to)

good luck for next season.

UP THE SPURS! (well until next summer at least, because iv always fancied trying my luck abroad.im already dream of barca, or i might wait for ronaldo to go to madrid, but hey thats for another summer!!!)

If Spurs can't agree a fee for Bentley what chance would they have of agreeing a fee for Roque?

Offer £40 million for both - and don't bother with swaps - and they might have a chance.

TBH if they did and yes I know they won't I'd take that, Its serious cash and we could get some good players for that kind of money!!!

Anyways who really needs RSC can't see spuds bidding that kind of money, not if they want Arshavin Capel and the russian who's name I won't bother trying to spell. Gooners maybe, but again 20M when have they ever spent that kinda money on one player, also Wenger loves his kiddies Roque surely is a bit older than his norm signing, also RSC lacks pace something all wengers signings must have regardless. The only team I can realsitically see biding would be Utd if berba pisses of to spain instead.

With the rate of inflation and everything going up these days what use would 10 or 11 million be?

Give me 20 million at least you cheap skate!

On the positive transfer front guys we've sold our best players before and always bounced back and lets give Ince some leeway, he's completley new to the job, don't judge him on what he's doing in the transfer market after a few weeks, judge him on results and lets see how were doing come January.

It is hard to be positive with so many rumours floating about, I myself have been pretty negative, but at the moment it really lines up like this.

Friedel: Going/Gone, a big loss but we've made decent money for a 37 year old who we would have been looking to replace ourselves in a year or two depending on fitness.

Bentley: Were going to get a fairly good price for him, the only downside is however much we have to give Arsenal. If Spurs don't pay up then nobody else seems interested at the value so he may even end up staying.

Warnock: Says he's more than happy at the club, bids have been rejected. That's all it is at the moment, you can't blame clubs wanting quality players. Until we hear otherwise, Warnock is staying.

RSC: Well this is news just in really, I think he is happy to stay but if a bigger club comes in then unfortunately he's going to be interested. Again though he's a Blackburn player at the moment and all we've heard is a bit of a rumour from SSN who we all know are not the most reliable source.

Castillo: Got him in on trial, had a look at him, obviously wasn't the player Ince hoped for and sent him back, saved us 6 million on a flop, (Newcastle will probably take him now)

Villanueva: Hmm not sure what's happening here with the hold up but if he comes then it's initially on the cheap with a view to sign him so we can't lose really.

Fowler: Free, quality finisher, if he proves his fitness then great if he doesn't then bye bye no harm done.

Robinson: Couple of years ago he was regarded as one of the best keepers around, if we can get him for 3.5 million then over the next season he can look to recapture that form. Where else can you get an international keeper who must have somewhere around 40/50 caps for that much? Were basically replacing Friedel for 500k-1m for someone nearly 10 years younger and POTENTIALLY not too far off him.

Other players been rumoured such as Andrews and a fair few right backs, nothing has came of it yet, Ince seems to be taking his time over them and not rushing in for him. Lets be honest MK Dons were willing to let him go, he's not going to be a big transfer fee so if Ince wanted him he'd be here by now. Ince i just taking his time to look at other targets to decide what else is on offer. I'm sure Andrews is fairly low down the list but again for a reported fee of less than a million even if he plays ten games its not the worst bit of business.

Sure Ince could be buying Spurs rejects like Sunderland but they wouldn't improve our squad except arguably Malbranque.

On one hand you don't want Ince to wait too long and let all the targets pass by but when we have limited resources he can't rush into decisions either.

What transfers at other clubs have happened so far that people honestly think I wish Blackburn had gone in for him instead. By the way I mean realisticly, so Hleb etc doesn't count! I can only really think of maybe Crouch, the rest are all reserve players going to smaller clubs or completley unproven players.

Off the top of my head I honestly can't remember without looking it up but who did Hughes bring in for his first 6 months in charge?

Off the top of my head I honestly can't remember without looking it up but who did Hughes bring in for his first 6 months in charge?

Nelsen, Mokoena, then later Savage I think. Priority was to shore up the defence, and let Dickov keep their back four busy. Also got Djorkayeff in too, who was class, for a bit.

nicko, any new names brought forward for castillo no 2 in todays portugal summit or are you gona keep it for the 11 o'clocker :huh:

Let them get the names first...then I'll find out who they are...but not by 11.

Archived