BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 or 4 midders in arent that many really. bentley and moko leaving. tugay getting too old to really make an impact. thats really just replacing or getting one extra in. problem is if we sign the andrews chap im afraid all we do is help him pay for his house and car, but getting nothing back.

nicko you said recentley that we were trying to sign a player a player you said was top drawer,i know you wont reveal his name but is there any chance of rovers going back in for him once they sell bentley?

No, he is happy at his club and thinks he is going to play.

Maybe even 4 midfielders, stil coming in? You sure its that many Mr Nixon?

It could be four by August 31.

Nicko - in your opinion are any of the players we're looking at better than the ones we have already?

As the midfield needed strengthening, then any arrivals have to be welcomed.

Whether they are the answer or not is something only time will tell.

Friedel or Robinson? Big question mark.

A genuine right back? Has to be an improvement.

Villanueva? Could be an ideal addition.

Fowler or Rigters? Has to be an improvement if he is fit.

A Bentley replacement? We shall see.

Another get-about-the-park midfielder. Yes, good idea.

So it's not all bad...but the time to judge is going to be at the end of the window - the time to be sure is later.

Nicko just a few questions,why are we hearing 3.5mill, then 4mill as having been agreed with Spurs for Robinson? Whats going on,are the press again just thumb sucking or what? Also what is happening with mokoena,do you know what Stoke are offering for Mokoena,2 mill is what ive been hearing.is that correct?

It could be four by August 31.

As the midfield needed strengthening, then any arrivals have to be welcomed.

Whether they are the answer or not is something only time will tell.

Friedel or Robinson? Big question mark.

A genuine right back? Has to be an improvement.

Villanueva? Could be an ideal addition.

Fowler or Rigters? Has to be an improvement if he is fit.

A Bentley replacement? We shall see.

Another get-about-the-park midfielder. Yes, good idea.

So it's not all bad...but the time to judge is going to be at the end of the window - the time to be sure is later.

If this was an answer to my question about are they an improvement on what we have Nicko - it didn't all appear on the reply but for some reason was in the text when I tried to reply. I take it then you think that the squad (possibly bar Bents) is looking like it's being improved.

Judge at the end of the window?! Are you for real? That's September! Surely we can't wait that long. Can't we judge Ince now before the end of July instead. They're far too patient these journalists if you ask me.

Now then, any update nicko since 20:07?

Thats why you aint a journalist Bob, u not patient enough lol. Give incd 38 league games to sort himself out, and then judge him after that, when the team visits dingle land.

Thats why you aint a journalist Bob, u not patient enough lol. Give incd 38 league games to sort himself out, and then judge him after that, when the team visits dingle land.

I was going to suggest 10 games really Icefellamelad but that's probably far too long in this day and age. I reckon a 0-0 draw against Hull will see fires lit on the BBE.

Well my bad I guess he does fit into the Spurs reject category, but he was their number 1 last season, although a bit of a shaky one.

What other goalkeepers are there in our range?

I know that Rover6 made some kind of reference about how Robinson was demoted and the person chosen instead of him has now left for QPR. Obviously Ramos doesn't rate him.

My reason for being very doubtful about Robinson is based on an article written in the Sunday Telegraph by Stewart Robson-I think that's his name- a football coach who amkes a lot of good points. From what I remember, he said that these days keepers have become more and more athletic and this is an area Robinson can't compete in. He thought his career would only go down and down.

I'm afraid I can't come out with an alternative keeper as I don't know the full range of who's available.

I was being sarcastic when i said 38 games,because it looks like he wil need more than 10 games to sort himself out.just not happy with,our 3rd rate management team

Off to France for the next month so won't be on here. Had been hoping for some good news before I went but it looks like more doom and gloom. Hope you all have a good summer. will miss the first 3 games of the season, so by the time I'm back the transfer window will be all but closed. Hope we still have recognisable team by then.

I was being sarcastic when i said 38 games,because it looks like he wil need more than 10 games to sort himself out.just not happy with,our 3rd rate management team

Have to say I completely agree about the team that has been assembled

Cox - Bolton players slated his methods, but he's good enough for us!

Mathias - never in the top flight ever and he's 60+

The other one from MK who????

Steele - top GK coach top

Sports Science department, the MK dons one again who the man in charge top draw

Winterburn could be good could be

Ince said we would get in experienced coaches guess he meant it literally. Its the ones training the football side of things that worry me. Ince has 10 games for me, no more, no less. I just hope we still have evryone together should the worst happen!

Whats up with all this constant crap, about Robinson.yes he made blunders,but since the 13th century, james was calamity james until last season.the boy is a youngster at 28 in terms of goalkeepers.goalkeepers mature very late on in their careers.Buffon,Khan,Casillas,and Cech have all made blunders in their careers.

Off to France for the next month so won't be on here. Had been hoping for some good news before I went but it looks like more doom and gloom. Hope you all have a good summer. will miss the first 3 games of the season, so by the time I'm back the transfer window will be all but closed. Hope we still have recognisable team by then.

Its alright by the time you get back we'll have signed some world beaters, and being sitting in the top 4. Hopefully.

3rd rate management team?I dont think you can label them that yet,ince is a young manager who has served his time in the lower leagus and done well,his standing in the game will mean he will get respect from the players.The biggest question mark for me will be his ability in the transfer market,we were spoiled with hughes who did brillantly in that aspect,i admit some of the players we are being linked with in my opinion are just not good enough,however if the chilean settles in we could have a star on our hands-ONLY TIME WILL TELL

Whats up with all this constant crap, about Robinson.yes he made blunders,but since the 13th century, james was calamity james until last season.the boy is a youngster at 28 in terms of goalkeepers.goalkeepers mature very late on in their careers.Buffon,Khan,Casillas,and Cech have all made blunders in their careers.

The trouble is they all came one after another, people forget his form at leeds and at spurs before. If anyone can get him back to his best its steele!

Shillitoe- let's just face it, you are incapable of reading anything without getting a stress on.

No PhilipL, you are incapable of writing anything that actually resembles the factual truth. You’re postings are becoming more delusional by the day; you need to take off those rose-tinted specs & realize that we aren’t having a 'superb transfer window' nor a very good summer all-round.

Daniel, im not convinced with the backroom staff that has been assembled. Ince should be at the forefront at training, not have somebody else (knox) running things. Who's primarily been put in charge of the team? Its Ince, he can have his assistants, but it seems there are to many people, holding the guys hand.

I think it's fair to say that we have a Mickey Mouse management team. We could be looking at a repeat of the Brian Kidd era here and we all know what happened back then...

Williams will come under fire if and when Ince fails. Williams has been on a cushy number for too long so perhaps some pressure from the supporters will buck his ideas up. He certainly needs a rocket up his backside anyhow, as he is on dodgy ground following the early-bird season ticket false pretences fiasco. <_<

Archived