BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

The 11 o'clocker can't wait...the steamy heat and the chance of a betting frenzy on Celtic v Cardiff means it has been brought forward.

ROBINSON - I understand this will be done, maybe even tonight but almost certainly tomorrow...the fee should be around £3 million and rising in installments...I am saying around £3.5 million in total but it could be more.

BRAD - Waiting to join Villa. Hail and farewell. And those who doubted the story in the first place should stand up and be lashed several times.

The figures on those two seem quite satisfactory in the end and a difficult situation is about to be solved.

BENTLEY - NOT in the Robinson deal and no sign of Spurs reaching the magic figure. Shame, could do with him going and seeing some real money spent.

No other names for you at this stage. I believe the Portugal 'talent' discussions summit is a two-day affair...must have lots to talk about. ;)

I look forward to tomorrow night's game and finding some new names by Sunday for the paper.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we cant sell warnock-its taken us years to find a top quality left back..

I dont or certainly didnt expect it t be true when i was first told last week but i have heard it for most of the week and it seems more likely it could happen

Nicko

Been told newcastle are in discussions with Blackburn and are close to agreeing a fee for a player ( believed to be Warnock could be Samba) and a deal could be done quite soon.

You heard anything about this?

i heard the same,my sisters best friends couisin is best friends with kevin keegans hairdresser thats where i heard it,u?

Why can't the Newcastle fans just do one. I thought this thread was BRSC only.I'm fed up with them coming on here saying we are if for this player, we've agreed a fee for that player then asking Nicko to confirm it... :angry::angry::angry:

We heard Hughes to Newcastle for a week...

Did that happen?

It has more recently been disclosed that the only reason MH didn't go there was because we stopped him. His desire for that job was what led JW to believe he would be off in the summer.

ROBINSON - I understand this will be done, maybe even tonight but almost certainly tomorrow...the fee should be around £3 million and rising in installments...I am saying around £3.5 million in total but it could be more.

I think this can be an awesome deal for Rovers.

I was going to suggest 10 games really Icefellamelad but that's probably far too long in this day and age. I reckon a 0-0 draw against Hull will see fires lit on the BBE.

If we loose Ince will have to run for his life.

I can envision pitch forks and burning torches.

No PhilipL, you are incapable of writing anything that actually resembles the factual truth. You’re postings are becoming more delusional by the day; you need to take off those rose-tinted specs & realize that we aren’t having a 'superb transfer window' nor a very good summer all-round.

Words like delusional are very cheap currency.

The post which I posted 16 pages ago and has generated so much comment has proven completely accurate so far.

1) I did not know that something would not work out with Castillo but not spending £6m on him by bringing him on a trial has proven a smart move.

2) Nobody has disputed that Robbie Fowler was a great striker in his prime- I used the past tense in my comment.

3) We seem to be replacing Brad with the guy who until recently was automatic choice as England keeper for a net cost of £1m and a bit- I think this is amazingly good business even if there is a big risk. But having a 37 year old between the sticks would be running a risk anyway.

4) Nobody has come up with a serious suggestion of a better English keeper than Robinson aged 28 plus or minus 5 years.

5) We have not sold Bentley and the likelihood of him going to Spurs has significantly diminished today.

6) We are another day closer to the closure of the transfer window and no bid for RSC has been received. Anyone seriously betting on the last day of the season that there would have been no serious buyer interest in RSC by 24 July? I wasn't.

In general, the transfer market has stirred a bit today but it is hardly flowing freely. The point I made that at the moment being in posession of a desired player in this window being an unusually strong place to be still holds true. If there is a sudden injection of liquidity then that will change but I cannot see where that cash is coming from to unlock the jammed chains. I do see some links in chains being unhooked and resoved individually but no great movement yet.

Is any of this anything but the factual truth as at 21.05 British Summer Time on Thursday 24 July 2008?

3 or 4 midders in arent that many really. bentley and moko leaving. tugay getting too old to really make an impact. thats really just replacing or getting one extra in. problem is if we sign the andrews chap im afraid all we do is help him pay for his house and car, but getting nothing back.

Shame on you!!!

Tugay will never be too old!!! Long live the turkish maestro!

Words like delusional are very cheap currency.

The post which I posted 16 pages ago and has generated so much comment has proven completely accurate so far.

1) I did not know that something would not work out with Castillo but not spending £6m on him by bringing him on a trial has proven a smart move.

2) Nobody has disputed that Robbie Fowler was a great striker in his prime- I used the past tense in my comment.

3) We seem to be replacing Brad with the guy who until recently was automatic choice as England keeper for a net cost of £1m and a bit- I think this is amazingly good business even if there is a big risk. But having a 37 year old between the sticks would be running a risk anyway.

4) Nobody has come up with a serious suggestion of a better English keeper than Robinson aged 28 plus or minus 5 years.

5) We have not sold Bentley and the likelihood of him going to Spurs has significantly diminished today.

6) We are another day closer to the closure of the transfer window and no bid for RSC has been received. Anyone seriously betting on the last day of the season that there would have been no serious buyer interest in RSC by 24 July? I wasn't.

In general, the transfer market has stirred a bit today but it is hardly flowing freely. The point I made that at the moment being in posession of a desired player in this window being an unusually strong place to be still holds true. If there is a sudden injection of liquidity then that will change but I cannot see where that cash is coming from to unlock the jammed chains. I do see some links in chains being unhooked and resoved individually but no great movement yet.

Is any of this anything but the factual truth as at 21.05 British Summer Time on Thursday 24 July 2008?

Keep on digging, Shirley.

Shame on you!!!

Tugay will never be too old!!! Long live the turkish maestro!

What?? at 65..Please get real..all player are too old one day or another..

Archived