BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF Bentley is a Rovers player next season, I am 100% confident that he will play his best and do everything he can to prove himself as a world-beater.

Too much on stake for the little boy. After all he is supposed to fill beckams boots.

Your living in dreamland

We hadn't seen nearly enough of those players to judge either way though, had we? Most of us have seen plenty of Pennant.

Exactly to be honest i cant believe liverpool ever signed him

mayde me giggle anyway :D

right now i just want things to happen. get the brad/robinson deal done and get the chile kid in. move bents and moko out so we can chill and be done with spurs for now B)

Yeh I do agree with you, and you chocky (Haven't worked out how to quote both of you!)

We al want things to move along, lets say a fond farewell to Brad, get Robbo in and shift the Axe and Bentley on so we can have some finances to focus on other targets.

But enough of the doom and gloom, (Not saying from you two), the future is bright for Blackburn we have a young ambitious manager who needs to have the time to asses his squad first to know exactly what he needs. He's made it clear he wants a right back so fair play to him, he's looking to sign a bright prospect in Villanueva and is looking at a number of targets without rushing into them.

We need to lay off Ince, if Friedel is leaving partly because he's dissapointed with the appointment of Ince (Not saying he is but people have hinted at it since he was happy before hand) then it's not Ince's fault, its the person who was responsible for appointing him.

I urge all of you to get behind the club and get behind Ince and give them all a chance.

Arte Et Labore

Your living in dreamland

Why? IF he has to stay he really can't afford to do anything but play well. The first England game is shortly after the start of the season and he can't really afford to miss it. I don't think he'll stay but then nobody thought Barry would stay at villa and he's still there and possibly about to play in the intertoto game for them, so strange things can and do happen.

Therefore if he stays at Rovers after this summer - he would have to play even better to even consider alerting the other clubs interest.

So there is nothing to panic about for Rovers whatever happens with Bentley - he stays then rovers benefit -he goes then Rovers profit.

dont think its that simple. it can turn out two ways i guess. 1. he start sulking and complaining like benni did, and have a horrible season, and his value drops.

2. he gets motivated by anger and have a good season, and probably goeas in jan or next summer.

its a complete gamble. id say sell now and find a replacement. it will also be a gamble, but at least IF it turns out good we will probably have him for more than one year.

Hawkiiz, don't forget what I just wrote. If Bentley starts sulking and plays crap he will lose his place in the England squad which is something he really wants to achieve.

I also believe that Bentley doesn't hate the situation in Blackburn and if we can bring in a couple of good names together with him in the midfield he will be all positive again.

Why? IF he has to stay he really can't afford to do anything but play well. The first England game is shortly after the start of the season and he can't really afford to miss it. I don't think he'll stay but then nobody thought Barry would stay at villa and he's still there and possibly about to play in the intertoto game for them, so strange things can and do happen.

I am willing to bet with anyone that bentley wont be at the club next season,any takers?Why do you want him at the club anyway he has made his feelings clear with his interview and "injury problems"

I am very happy with the potential replacement of Brad, a english international goalkeeper of 28 years for about £750,000 is an amazing deal. However, i a, still confused with BF's decision to leave "his" club, where the fans love him and his family is settled. He will just be anoher goalkeeper to the Villa fans. He could seriously go off the boil next season while i think PR will flourish.

Warnock - he is surely worth £7m. If he goes then the ideal replacement is Shorey in my opinion.

Yeh I do agree with you, and you chocky (Haven't worked out how to quote both of you!)

We al want things to move along, lets say a fond farewell to Brad, get Robbo in and shift the Axe and Bentley on so we can have some finances to focus on other targets.

But enough of the doom and gloom, (Not saying from you two), the future is bright for Blackburn we have a young ambitious manager who needs to have the time to asses his squad first to know exactly what he needs. He's made it clear he wants a right back so fair play to him, he's looking to sign a bright prospect in Villanueva and is looking at a number of targets without rushing into them.

We need to lay off Ince, if Friedel is leaving partly because he's dissapointed with the appointment of Ince (Not saying he is but people have hinted at it since he was happy before hand) then it's not Ince's fault, its the person who was responsible for appointing him.

I urge all of you to get behind the club and get behind Ince and give them all a chance.

Arte Et Labore

HERE HERE

Arte Et Labore

HERE HERE

Warnock - he is surely worth £7m. If he goes then the ideal replacement is Shorey in my opinion.

Agreed, it's a no brainer. We should be able to pick Shorey up for less than we sell Warnock for.

Quite relaxed about that one.

Hawkiiz, don't forget what I just wrote. If Bentley starts sulking and plays crap he will lose his place in the England squad which is something he really wants to achieve.

I also believe that Bentley doesn't hate the situation in Blackburn and if we can bring in a couple of good names together with him in the midfield he will be all positive again.

i agree he must play well in order to cement his place in the england squad, but its not as simple as that. not all people like doing dirty work even if the prize is great.

if you ask a kid if he would take one bite of candy today, or wait for a whole bag of candy a week from now, he would probably take the bite now. i think betley is a bit like that and are too childish to knuckle down and get to work.

brad on the other hand will do his best no matter what i think. people are different.

i agree he must play well in order to cement his place in the england squad, but its not as simple as that. not all people like doing dirty work even if the prize is great.

if you ask a kid if he would take one bite of candy today, or wait for a whole bag of candy a week from now, he would probably take the bite now. i think betley is a bit like that and are too childish to knuckle down and get to work.

brad on the other hand will do his best no matter what i think. people are different.

Thanks for your in depth analysis into Bentley's personality...you must know him so well...

Bentley is an ambitious footballer. If he has a bad season next season, theres no chance of big four interest and even the likes of Spurs wont be interested. Furthermore the likes of SWP (off to Portsmouth) will likely get ahead of him in the race for Englands' right side. Sif Ifrika 2010 will just be a season away and this is the season he will want to really get into the England set up regularly. He will give his all if he plays for Rovers.

dont think its that simple. it can turn out two ways i guess. 1. he start sulking and complaining like benni did, and have a horrible season, and his value drops.

2. he gets motivated by anger and have a good season, and probably goeas in jan or next summer.

its a complete gamble. id say sell now and find a replacement. it will also be a gamble, but at least IF it turns out good we will probably have him for more than one year.

1. Didn't do Benni any harm did it and everyone loves Benni.

2. Why go in January? Why next Summer? 4 years left on his contract isn't there?

3. Sell and replace him with a player who isn't as good?

4. He's made a tit of himself. Big time. If Spurs or anyone don't stump up what we want then he's stopping. If he wants to keep that right wing spot for England he's got to perform. We hold the aces. End of.

Meanwhile the Spurs supporting media will continue to link that club with our players - and others, Arshavin, Villa. When clearly they have less money to spend than we do (I know they've bought a couple of players already). Gang of 4 out, Paul Robinson out. They can always sell the Spurs Legends Keane and Berbatovov I suppose.

Thanks for your in depth analysis into Bentley's personality...you must know him so well...

Bentley is an ambitious footballer. If he has a bad season next season, theres no chance of big four interest and even the likes of Spurs wont be interested. Furthermore the likes of SWP (off to Portsmouth) will likely get ahead of him in the race for Englands' right side. Sif Ifrika 2010 will just be a season away and this is the season he will want to really get into the England set up regularly. He will give his all if he plays for Rovers.

im sorry for having an opion.

its just my impression of him. he is what? 23? and he's saying he MUST leave for a big club now or else he is doomed? i just think he is a tad naive, and may well react badly if noone come and picks him up.

you saying it is no chance he will sulk like benni?

After all the rubbish being spouted on here about Ince and his management team, it looks like:

1. A 37 year old goalie is about to be sold for £2.75 million and a 28 year old England international is about to be signed for £3.5 million.

2. The current Chilean player of the year is about to be signed on loan who Nicko has said looks a "worldie".

A good window so far, long may it continue.

Warnock leaving would be a such a blow,, to me worse than Bentley and about as annoying as Santa Cruz or even Friedel. He is so reliable, and will give his all in every single tackle. Best since Le Saux?

Yep I feel the same, He is definitely the best since Le Saux, and much better than Shorey, so to swop him for Shorey is a complete no-brainer. Can't understand anyone even contemplating that one.

After all the rubbish being spouted on here about Ince and his management team, it looks like:

1. A 37 year old goalie is about to be sold for £2.75 million and a 28 year old England international is about to be signed for £3.5 million.

2. The current Chilean player of the year is about to be signed on loan who Nicko has said looks a "worldie".

A good window so far, long may it continue.

Well said imy

credit has to be given to JW as we had to replace brad sooner or later, fair play to ince he wanted a younger goalkeeper, and for rovers to recieve £2.75m for brad is absolute steel and to add £0.5m to that we get a much younger, hungry, has a point to prove, and determined to win back his no1 england jersy. This has to be terrific business from ince. It will be sad to see sad brad go, hes been a true legend and we cant deny him that opportunity. But a new manager, new era, new ideas lets hope the seson starts well ;)

Archived