BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

ON BRESCIANO...I am always wary of players described as 'versatile' - a pal of mine watched him for another Premier League side last season and said he wasn't good enough.

You need to find a new pal. :rover::P

He's "versatile" in the sense that he can play anywhere Bentley can.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to think a good majority of the crowd will give him some stick to let him know just how they feel about him.

I never want to see him play for us again.

I know what your saying. But IF he does stay i think we will see the best from him for a few reasons. Firstly, he'll want to show those who wouldnt cough up what they are missing and secondly he wants to be playing for england.

No doubt he'll get some stick but that will all be forgotten after a few good performances.

I'd like to think a good majority of the crowd will give him some stick to let him know just how they feel about him.

I never want to see him play for us again.

Good thinking - that wouldn't be counter productive or anything would it :huh:

For me, if he's playing well in the blue and white halves, that's all that matters as to whether I cheer him or not. He's not bad mouthed the manager (like Barry has) or the club or the fans, he's simply said he wants a move. Whilst I'm annoyed that he doesn't have blue and white blood running through him, I've got to be realistic and accept that.

Any updates at all on the WARNOCK situation nicko?

When Nicko has an update he will give us one. Please can people stop repeating the same questions over and over which fills up the thread

Thankyou.

I thought you would have recalled your 'exclusive' that Brad was going to Man City to bond with his own goalkeeping coach.

That was the story doing the rounds that day - and not just at your 19th hole.

Brad had got back from holiday, knew nothing of Man City and was happy to stay.

By the Friday of that week Villa had offered him a life-changing and head-turning contract.

The minute I knew that there was a story about it in the Sunday People.

Well isn't that a very good example of tapping up?

Edit- oh, also it says that Bobby Mimms may be returning to the club as a coach.

Why isn't Steele our GK coach, do we need two???

I also think it is very disrespectful and insulting to Mathias and the rest of the back room staff with people calling them inferior TWO games into PRE SEASON!!

Archie Knox has won more trophies as a number 2 than most number 2's around. Can someone tell me how many trophies Bowen, Eddie and Hughes for that matter won?

Our Sports Science bloke is the best in the business.

Our defensive coach played as part of the best defence in English league history.

Last but not least Mathias is someone Nicko has described as a man "players respect' and who likes 'to play attractive football'

OK, I agree with the people who are concerned over, the football coaching side of our new team. Mathias may well be a man players respect etc, but even that opinion would be formed on the players he has previously coached. He has never been in the top flight as a player or a coach. So although he maybe respected he will be respected by players from a lower level. The other point is that in football its very rare for a player or coach who has talent to not be picked up by a better team, for Ray this has not happened - Why???.

Archie Knox - Will not argue one bit that he has won almost everything in the game but he left Utd in 1991, Went to Rangers with Smith and had seven very successful years departing for Everton in 1998. There time there was not the best, since then he's been involved with Scotland, Coventry, Millwall, Livingston and off course bolton. But nothing in the last ten years, as well as bumming it in the lower leagues. Its his Bolton stint that hits it home I've heard players where not impressed, but the clingher is the fact that Megson and Fergie are friends, Knox surely if he was as good as they say would not have been sacked by him. It happened 2 days after they where safe so he'd not been happy with him at all. So in the last ten years he's done nothing really, and in the last ten years football has changed more than in the last fifty!!

My other and most concerning point is this Ince now has 2 coaches who've been in the game 20+ years longer than him. If Ince is to suceed then he needs to be his own man make his own choices. With two more experienced people advising him we run the risk that he will bow down, not act of his choices but comprimise under advisement.

The next part that really worries me is this between our 3 leaders they have 1 years coaching in the prem and that one year was a near disastor. Now yes Ince is a winner I will not argue with that and Mathias was always going to come Ince trusts him he needs that relationship with his No.2. Knox is the one that worries me, When mark hughes came the first move he made was for Bowen from Birmingham, highly thought of coach but birmingham where in the same boat as us, so Bowen knew what it was going to take to get out. Knox however does not in todays footballing climate, If he is this great coach that fergie says he is why is he not at united or even with smith at Rangers. Knox has achieved nothing in the modern times of football his success came in the 90's football has drastically changed since then. This appointment should have been someone who has been coaching with a top 6 team who knows exactly what is required to achieve the amibitions stated by our club.

Now I will give them time, but as I said I think its the knox appointment that worries me!!

If I was a betting man I'd have a piece of that like a shot Dirk.

I am a betting man! Unfortunately its not on betfair at the moment.

For any of those interested though there is a decent shout on Betfair for the handicap betting. To win the premiership were getting a handicap of +32 with a price of about 20/1 which is definitely worth a flutter. Last year we got 58 pts which would have been 90 with the handicap winning us the title. 20/1 is worth a few quid.

I'd have said so, no worse than what we moaned about for Barry.

Nicko in respect to this Spurs gang of four no their merry way to Sunderland, is the Sky story true this morning that Villa made an 11th hour bid and Kaboul is now asking for more time? That's the type of story I wanted for Malbranque...not for that heap of crap.

Could be asimilar situation Nicko. I'd be more than happy if we signed Breschiano.

Bresciano is a good player I agree he'd look good in a Rovers shirt and it would put real pressure on MGP, pressure he desperatly needs.

I think Bresciano isn't good enough. He's never moved upwards in Serie A and has been linked with mid table Premier League clubs for ages. I think he's the kind of signing people like Curbishley and Steve Bruce should stick to...

He has continualy moved up the footballing ladder in Italy he was even the top scoring midfielder a couple of years back, he runs his socks off has a eye for a pass and scores goals. He can play all across the middle of the park, so not only would he give us cover to our flanks but he can also play in the hole, this would take some pressure away from the pineapple. At 3M he's an absolute bargain, I'll bet Brett is stood next to ince all day saying sign him sign him!!!

You would have a tough job proving it...

I have no problems with tapping if people see the thing through. Approaching players and only unsettling them is another matter.

PS Paul Robinson is in the building...

Nicko, Will Robinson be signed any time soon, it seems like an Eternity, i believe i've grown some white hair in this transfer window. Also Spurs Kaboul is playin silly beggers i see, apparently the earthquakes not hit Sunderland and its heading towards Bham, where Friedel will pop out too.

Nicko, Will Robinson be signed any time soon, it seems like an Eternity, i believe i've grown some white hair in this transfer window. Also Spurs Kaboul is playin silly beggers i see, apparently the earthquakes not hit Sunderland and its heading towards Bham, where Friedel will pop out too.

Kaboul and his agent have probably hit a late cash hitch with Sunderland...and done the old 'we're off to Villa' routine. Dull.

As for Robbo...see above.

I recall you saying that a number of people watched his compatriate Tim Cahill and didn't fancy him either Nicko.

Could be asimilar situation Nicko. I'd be more than happy if we signed Breschiano.

Thanks for the comeback. :D

I also wonder at what exactly are the attributes some of these scouts look at when evaluating potential players. But when this pal of yours says he isn't good enough, who isn't he good enough for? Manchester United? Blackburn? Hull? And how isn't he good enough? And what exactly does he mean by not good enough? Did he mean as a first team regular, as a squad player, as a back-up, or just not good enough period?

Good to see a sane balance return to these boards and this thread.

Of course we all nervous as anything about what Ince is going to produce on the football field but it is equally true the steam was well and truly going out of the Hughes team so far as Rovers were concerned. That Birmingham performance and collective lack of shame was terrifying.

I am not worried too much if Bentley stays- his desire and hunger for the top would surely drive him on and he has had too many wasted seasons at Arsenal and Norwich not to produce the goods at the one and only club he has managed to produce the goods for so far.

Good luck to Brad at Villa. He will be earning a 50% bonus on all the money he's ever earned through football at the fantastic age of 37 and I really don't think there is any other sub-text to his departure. The big man came out and backed Ince when many, myself included, were 100% against Ince's appointment. I think Brad has far too much integrity to have said those strong words in support of Ince days before his appointment and not to have meant them.

I am frankly gobsmacked at the deal we are getting for the sale of Brad and purchase of Robinson.

I am excited by Villanueva.

I am concerned if Warnock goes seriously into transfer play.

I am worried that RSC will be a target.

I am glad that we still probably have £10m in the kitty before we have to sell to buy (unlike Liverpool, Spurs and Pompey by all accounts). I am glad that only two star players are subject to actual transfer bids and that one hasn't gone and the other is only going when we have a decent replacement (unlike Arsenal and Spurs), I am glad that Man U and Chelsea fans are feeling what its like to have star players wantaway when they and the club don't want them to go, I am glad that every penny that comes in is directly for the Rovers playing side (unlike Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, City and quite possibly Everton), I am glad Rovers have already been through their economy drive and not doing it now (unlike Newcastle and West Ham) and I am glad the club is not facing a potential melt-down when the owner's current trial reaches its conclusion (unlike City).

Totally agree here philipl -along with the post earlier from Deadlydirk.

People really need to get some perspective here - changes are going to happen, simply with the fact of Hughes going.

Ince needs time and our support and backing otherwise he is on to a loser straight away.

There are always highs and lows in football - we nobody can say we have not exactly had it fairly good for a while - its all part of following your team.

Personally, I have feared since the turn of the year that this season would be more of a struggle rather than a progression, maybe even moreso with Ince but my feelings where the same prior anyway.

At the end of the day BRFC will still be there - what is going on will not endear everybody and frustrating because of us failing to progress - but ladies and gentleman - this is Blackburn Rovers and this is waht makes them what they are.

The PRIDE OF LANCASHIRE - and don't let anybody tell you any different.

Ince and the club needs you.- so lets try and be positive despite the ongoings at the moment - as imo their has not been a disaster.

:brfc::brfc::brfc:

Thanks for the comeback. :D

I also wonder at what exactly are the attributes some of these scouts look at when evaluating potential players. But when this pal of yours says he isn't good enough, who isn't he good enough for? Manchester United? Blackburn? Hull? And how isn't he good enough? And what exactly does he mean by not good enough? Did he mean as a first team regular, as a squad player, as a back-up, or just not good enough period?

Not good enough to buy a year ago when they were watching...his opinion.

So do you think the Friedel deal will be done today, wouldn't it be good if we sign Robinson and tell Villa Deals Off. I know it will never happen, but Friedel teaching Robinson a thing or too could only benefit him.

So do you think the Friedel deal will be done today, wouldn't it be good if we sign Robinson and tell Villa Deals Off. I know it will never happen, but Friedel teaching Robinson a thing or too could only benefit him.

Brad will go to Villa once Robinson is sorted out - personal terms, medical etc.

As for both being at Rovers...I don't think that will happen somehow.

Not good enough to buy a year ago when they were watching...his opinion.

Fair enough. I suppose the only opinion that really matters is Ince's (and his advisors). He's either going to sign him or he's not going to regardless of the debate.

Archived