BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody please explain to me this. If Bents wants to play champions league footy,why does he want to go to Spurs. Am i missing something here, but Spurs are not in the champions league. And had they not won the league cup, they would not even have been in the Uefa cup.

Well that's made everyone shut up.

Well then lets bring that conversation up every day about this time when the typical 20 posts containing only "will there be an 11 o'clocker" or "I haven't read the last few pages, but what's the status of brad/bentley/robinson?" show up.

Can somebody please explain to me this. If Bents wants to play champions league footy,why does he want to go to Spurs. Am i missing something here, but Spurs are not in the champions league. And had they not won the league cup, they would not even have been in the Uefa cup.

Right but they're a bigger club. Obviously. (excuse me now as I use three smilies truly capture how I feel) :glare::wstu::wacko:

Edit: Added quote. And Iceman Isn't stupid, Bents is; just to clarify.

Urgh. I wrote it on the last page. He has never said he only wants to play in the Champion's League, he said "Champion's League or Europe". Spurs are in Europe.

He changed his outlook almost immediately to "I want to play in Europe"...Well what will be will be..If he goes Rovers will go on regardless..

Urgh. I wrote it on the last page. He has never said he only wants to play in the Champion's League, he said "Champion's League or Europe". Spurs are in Europe.

he started off saying champions league and al lthe stories at the end of the season were about him being ambitious and needing to play in the champs league.

when no other clubs came in for him - he changed his tune to just europe.

No we cannot blame him. Good luck to him, I hope it sets him up for life, he deserves it after his great service to us.

Fully agree with that SR. I guess what most of us are actually feeling is a touch of nostalgia at the thought of losing our best keeper since WW2. Hopefully though Brad will have similar feelings for his time at Rovers and he won't just forget us. We can always hope that one day he may be back here in some capacity; coach, manager, owner even (well I can dream can't I ?).

Nicko, is it true that Joe Garner has now joined Forest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...est/7526117.stm

Pretty sure we have a large percentage of any sale which people discussed earlier, any idea of what the figure might be?

Pretty sure I read 50% on here...but I don't want to be responsible for making Bentley-esque rumours up so please don't take that as gospel.

It's a shame Hughes sold him last summer instead of loaning him out, I'd like to have known what Ince and his team make of him.

Archived