BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that means Brown will be in goal tonight. Will Robinson likely feature tomorrow if the deal goes through today? Need to get as many pre-season games into him as possible.

If this Aussie chap is coming in then it should be a good move. Italy is a very technically adept league and the more technically good players we can get in the better. I didn't realise the guy was a left winger though as people have been saying, but he sounds like he can fill a few positions which is always good.

With all these midfielders we seem to be accumulating I think it definitely suggests we will be playing with a 5 man midfield - all be it an attacking one I would imagine. It's the way the league is going at the moment. only issue is that we will have 6 strikers to fill 1 slot. i think we should be off loading at least two (Rigters and Gally would be my choice unless we could do with the money from selling Roberts).

I think Bresciano isn't good enough. He's never moved upwards in Serie A and has been linked with mid table Premier League clubs for ages. I think he's the kind of signing people like Curbishley and Steve Bruce should stick to...

Actually, the top clubs in the Serie A have been after him quite a few times. Juve were due to sign him a couple of years ago, but the day before the deal was to be finalised the court relegated them for match-fixing and the deal fell through. That was one of the reasons he started becoming disillusioned with Italian football.

Hamburg have rejected a 5.5m offer from Real Madrid for Rafael van der vaart. if bentley goes, could he be something for us? for sure we will be able to bid more than the offer from real.

is his wage demands over the top for us? probably think we are to small a club? (how big is hamburg anyway??)

So that means Brown will be in goal tonight. Will Robinson likely feature tomorrow if the deal goes through today? Need to get as many pre-season games into him as possible.

If this Aussie chap is coming in then it should be a good move. Italy is a very technically adept league and the more technically good players we can get in the better. I didn't realise the guy was a left winger though as people have been saying, but he sounds like he can fill a few positions which is always good.

With all these midfielders we seem to be accumulating I think it definitely suggests we will be playing with a 5 man midfield - all be it an attacking one I would imagine. It's the way the league is going at the moment. only issue is that we will have 6 strikers to fill 1 slot. i think we should be off loading at least two (Rigters and Gally would be my choice unless we could do with the money from selling Roberts).

Completely agree 5 in the middle is the way forward. I am pleased to see that the players we are signing or looking at have one key feature versitility, I can only assume that will mean a lot of interchange of position when we have the ball.

Hamburg have rejected a 5.5m offer from Real Madrid for Rafael van der vaart. if bentley goes, could he be something for us? for sure we will be able to bid more than the offer from real.

is his wage demands over the top for us? probably think we are to small a club? (how big is hamburg anyway??)

His sights are set on Madrid - somehow I don't think he'd settle for Blackburn....

Yeh he's above us really, Hamburg regularly play in Europe, he's said he is happy there, think he is either captain or vice captain. He'll leave Hamburg in the next few years but will move to another club regularly playing in europe, probably the champions league.

Sadly I don't think we'll be getting Rafa which is a shame as he is a top player.

Has anyone seen Brown play? Hughes made a big song and dance about him coming... Just wondered.

nicko, according to this is sounded like either the agent was offering neimi to us, or rovers were interested in him if robinson didnt come off, mind you replacing brad with neimi wouldnt have gone to down with a lot of fans let say -_-

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Footb...britain-locale/

Also nicko, i know youve mentioned a number of times that a number of right backs are being mentioned, osorio being 1 of them who didnt play last weekend, what is he dosent play this week again, could you give us a name or 2 of others being watched

Bresciano is a good player I agree he'd look good in a Rovers shirt and it would put real pressure on MGP, pressure he desperatly needs.

He has continualy moved up the footballing ladder in Italy he was even the top scoring midfielder a couple of years back, he runs his socks off has a eye for a pass and scores goals. He can play all across the middle of the park, so not only would he give us cover to our flanks but he can also play in the hole, this would take some pressure away from the pineapple. At 3M he's an absolute bargain, I'll bet Brett is stood next to ince all day saying sign him sign him!!!

Empoli to Parma to Palermo are sideways moves. He's a decent player but you've got to wonder why he always is linked with moves but no one ever makes the move. Why have none of Italy's bigger clubs done the same.

nicko, according to this is sounded like either the agent was offering neimi to us, or rovers were interested in him if robinson didnt come off, mind you replacing brad with neimi wouldnt have gone to down with a lot of fans let say -_-

Also nicko, i know youve mentioned a number of times that a number of right backs are being mentioned, osorio being 1 of them who didnt play last weekend, what is he dosent play this week again, could you give us a name or 2 of others being watched

You were right the first time ;)

Niemi is a possible as reserve...I have a funny feeling Brown won't be staying.

As for right backs, you will have to wait until Sunday for that one.

niemi a reserve keeper-id be happy with that..

I doubt whether Niemi will be going anywhere as a definite second choice which he would be to Robinson. West Ham are interested but that depends on what happens to Rob Green.

To be quite honest, niemi wil never want to be a reserve at Rovers. Maybe at United, Chelsea or Liverpool yes.if we get Bresciano in,plus a right back and a new right winger then i wil be happy with that.

Brad had got back from holiday, knew nothing of Man City and was happy to stay.

By the Friday of that week Villa had offered him a life-changing and head-turning contract.

Are City totally out of this, or will Friedel finally getting permission from Rovers to speak to Villa trigger a reaction from Eastlands? ;)

Archived