BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Niemi is a possible as reserve...I have a funny feeling Brown won't be staying.

As for right backs, you will have to wait until Sunday for that one.

Niemi as a reserve would be exccellent but has his neck injury from last season knocked his ability to perform to the high standards that he used to.

As for right backs have Rovers been looking at Macon(spelling) of Inter or is he way out of our league.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Niemi is a possible as reserve...I have a funny feeling Brown won't be staying.

I'm not suprised! I really do feel for Jason Brown over all this... Must be brass to know that you'll never be more than reserve at Rovers. His name was never even half mentioned as a replacement for brad. Poor guy, must be pretty demoralising

Are City totally out of this, or will Friedel finally getting permission from Rovers to speak to Villa trigger a reaction from Eastlands? ;)

Man City don't have the money to match Villa's package of fee and wages.

Man City don't have the money to match Villa's package of fee and wages.

Why the HELL did hughes leave us for that shower then!! if cannot afford to match villa for a 37 year old gk , then city must be in worse shape than US!

Why the HELL did hughes leave us for that shower then!! if cannot afford to match villa for a 37 year old gk , then city must be in worse shape than US!

Not really. We cannot pay 50k per week to a 37 year old goalkeeper either.

Incidentally what salary is Robinson on? Got to be 35k at least.

So, Man City are back in with a late bid?

Yes, Rovers have given him permission agreed to speak to both clubs...but Brad is at Villa right now.

Interesting.

Will no doubt be on Sky Sports News very shortly... ;)

Yes, Rovers have given him permission agreed to speak to both clubs...but Brad is at Villa right now.

Interesting.

(Please don't use that word again) off Hughes.

I'd like to think a good majority of the crowd will give him some stick to let him know just how they feel about him.

I never want to see him play for us again.

Thats a bloody stupid attitude to have Will. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face! :rolleyes:

I bet all the Mancs would sing Ronaldo's name to the rafters if he decided to stay whilst you would be determined to destroy the lad's confidence and force him out. A sad in-bred viewpoint if ever I saw one.... in fact you sound like a dingle. <_<

Interesting.

Okay. Any feeling about the way this one will go, or a straight fight?

How can people say we're not a selling club???

We have always been a selling club since the early 1960's. And in all that time we have only had one manager who got the entire concept right from beginning to end .... and he's just flerked off far too easily and far too cheaply! :angry2:

I thought you would have recalled your 'exclusive' that Brad was going to Man City to bond with his own goalkeeping coach.

That was the story doing the rounds that day - and not just at your 19th hole.

Brad had got back from holiday, knew nothing of Man City and was happy to stay.

By the Friday of that week Villa had offered him a life-changing and head-turning contract.

The minute I knew that there was a story about it in the Sunday People.

For the next few days after that the Grandees were clucking and saying there 'was nothing in it' and looking for the nearest sandpit to stick their heads into and waiting for the LET to do their usual half-wit denials.

Sad to say, it is proving to be the case.

NO updates this morning - although the detail in the Inde article is quite good. Robinson's agent is away on business...but they spoil that by saying Brad is going for £2 million...it is £2.75 million.

You have it your way alan. :rolleyes:

btw keep it down eh? it is better for us if Levy thinks it's 2m not 2.75m

We have always been a selling club since the early 1960's. And in all that time we have only had one manager who got the entire concept right from beginning to end .... and he's just flerked off far too easily and far too cheaply! :angry2:

I can't recall Hughes selling any players for big money? He didn't want to sell Bellers and fought tooth and nail to keep hold of the rest of the squad. beyond selling those who were no longer good enough, I don't think he could have been classed as a selling manager at all. Or were you expecting him to sell Bentley and Cruz for big money, having brought them in for peanuts? just like he did with Benni?

Okay. Any feeling about the way this one will go, or a straight fight?

I would say Villa are still red-hot favourites as there is a huge contract there and the likelihood of three years as number one, maybe guding Guzan through later on.

However Man City's persistence suggests they must think they have a chance. I have heard Sparky is trying to sell someone today to help finance this. I wonder how Joe Hart feels? Sparky obviously does not care. I quite admire the fact that he goes for it - even if the odds are against him.

So I think Villa will get their man...but I just hope Brad does not get stuck in the M6 on a Friday or that might swing it back to City... :lol:

Archived