BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't recall Hughes selling any players for big money? He didn't want to sell Bellers and fought tooth and nail to keep hold of the rest of the squad. beyond selling those who were no longer good enough, I don't think he could have been classed as a selling manager at all. Or were you expecting him to sell Bentley and Cruz for big money, having brought them in for peanuts? just like he did with Benni?

So had Hughes not urinated on his own Rovers contract and stayed on he wouldn't have sold bentley or cruz for the right price just like Ince will? Wake up and smell the flowers <_<

I find the Citeh Massif interest a bit strange. I thought they had a couple of decent keepers at the Council House already. Particularly Hart.

We're a nice club to join when your careers going no where, no pressure. Play a few good games score a couple goals then call your agent (who calls a freephone no. direct to spurs boardroom.) and leave

I can't even remember the last player we sold to Spurs. Sherwood was it?

I find the Citeh Massif interest a bit strange. I thought they had a couple of decent keepers at the Council House already. Particularly Hart.

Hughes knows Brad is close to being a football Deity and the keepers he has at his disposal are not as good.

Good point – Think of it the other way round, if we were on the look-out for a new keeper, would you want us to sign a keeper who is 37, offer him a 3 year contract on £50k, spend £2.75m is recruiting him (a keeper who isn’t as good as he was 2 years ago). Or would you rather your club spent the money sensibly and got a long term replacement for him, hoping that he could build up a good rapport with defence and become a solid unit.

Well, Van der Saar is 37, and if we were linked with him now at those prices, I'd be pretty damned happy actually. And Brad is pretty much as good as he was 2 years ago.

So has Hughes not urinated on his own Rovers contract and stayed on he wouldn't have sold bentley or cruz for the right price just like Ince will? Wake up and smell the flowers <_<

Yes, you are right. He would have taken the first opportunity to sell those two and would have replaced them with Kaka, Robhino and Ronaldo. Shame you can't prove that that would have been wrong, had this, that and the other not happened, which in fact did happen.

Sparky wants better right now...if I was Hart I would be a bit peeved.

Wonder where he will go if he fails on Brad.

thats ok :) i dont remember what we payed for brown or nielsen but if we pay a million or something for robinson i think thats absolutely excellent. i dont know what the reserves cost, but with wages and all i think they have cost us more than robinson does, and they have not given much back.

did we get any from enckelmann??

No, Encks went for free.

I assume you're talking about both reserve keepers then...and the answer is still categorically 'no'. I very very much doubt that Brown is on more than 5k per week, if he is even on that. Enckelman probably was on 5k a week, being an experienced keeper, or maybe something like 8k a week...he cost us perhaps a million over his time here. Brown so far will have cost us somewhere from 100k-250k in wages. So together, that's slightly more than the 1 million difference in the Robbo/Friedel deals. However, we didn't have to lose one of the very best keepers in the league to sign either of them!!! I'm baffled why people keep saying Robinson is costing us 1 million, he ISN'T. He's costing 1 million plus one of the league's best keepers.

Hughes knows Brad is close to being a football Deity and the keepers he has at his disposal are not as good.

They are not 37 either.

Thats a bloody stupid attitude to have Will. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face! :rolleyes:

I bet all the Mancs would sing Ronaldo's name to the rafters if he decided to stay whilst you would be determined to destroy the lad's confidence and force him out. A sad in-bred viewpoint if ever I saw one.... in fact you sound like a dingle. <_<

Is it ?? I think not. You have your opinion i'll have mine.

The boy is over rated, again my opinion.

Thinks he should be playing in the Champions League, please tell me with who David? Cause i doubt you would get in the team.

As much as i dont want us to lose our best players, as he is one of em, i dont want someone who wants away the minute we miss out on Europe.

I'm sure i wont be the only one who feels the same, does that make me a Dingle ?

You having a laugh half-wit.

Looks like Keane is off to Liverpool, left out of the Spuds squad last night.

I have a really bad feeling that they are going to try and get involved with us in another deal by offering for Santa.

Don't know about that. He will cost them a bucket load, and they know we will do a tough deal, and also they are trying to negotiate for bentley on top. Spurs must realise this would take a serious amount of time and they will probably want to get in a new front line more quickly than that.

The one to watch for me is Arsenal. They are the main threat as far as Cruz is concerned.

Archived