BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

This is crazy, everyone seems to want to leave and anyone we are interested in signing either is taking forever (Because they probably are hoping another club comes in!) or we decide not to sign them, at this rate were only going to have half a team left. Maybe we should give Sherwood, Newell, Hendry etc a shout see if they fancy a game?

Also anyone who seems to either say there excited about the new season or pledge their futures to the club suddenly seem to want to leave, especially if these recent reports on Rocky are true. We've had Friedel, Warnock, Rocky. Hmm Emerton and Nelson recently said they were either excited about the new season or signed new contracts so I guess there next. Quickly followed by Samba, MGP and McCarthy I guess.

Possible team for next season?

Brown

Reid

Khizanishvilli

Ooijer

Olsson

Ripley

Vogel

Tugay

Wilcox

Fowler

Newell

That actually makes me feel better DD. It will probably stay up.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Castillo no longer "on", then? NOT LOOKING TOO LIKELY...

Robinson in for Brad. LOOKING PRETTY LIKELY...

Bentleys replacement - cross that bridge when we get to it. MAY BE A LONG WAIT FOR THAT ONE...

Pineapple head - Work permit and medical? HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK.

Castillo - Still on? SEE ABOVE...

Looks like sillytoe has tripped himself up

- My point re not signing the two theoretically attrative midfielders has been proven 100% correct. We have not signed them and we saved purself £6m on a possible dud with dangerous associates.

Sillytoe is not arguing with my Fowler point or any of the others bar the Bentley one where I believe I could well be proved right with Bentley still a Rover player come 1 September.

So silly toe wants to be a silly boy sulking in the corner- fine by me.

Moving to a more usual mode of posting, I am concerned that Ince has a huge amount to prove and his choice of backroom staff looks iffy. He has to kill the Warnock stories pdq and hope that Villanueva turns up and is the biz.

In terms of actual likely transfers at this point, Villanueva numerically replacing the Axe and Robinson replacing Friedel for a combined net outlay this summer of next to nothing does not look too bad.

:lol:

You are beyond belief.

Tony, just go back and completely re write your original post and deny ever saying it.

You are pretty renowned for your one sided crap Dave, but seriously, seriously, seriously, you put 20g too much potion on your porridge this morning, as that one was a cracker.

And I'm sulking in a corner Steve, Ii'm stood in front of you pointing and laughing.

I just realised I asked about Castillo twice... Oops. STRESS.

I seem to remember Orr was being touted around a lot, as well as Osorio (sp?). LOTS OF RIGHT BACKS BEING WATCHED.

If we don't get Castillo it'll be interesting to see if Ince decides to bring in another player in the same mould or stick with the ones we have. THERE WILL BE AT LEAST TWO MIDFIELDERS COMING IN, MAYBE THREE, POSSIBLY EVEN FOUR.

Nicko, very bad news regarding Brad Friedel, Can't believe he's going. This whole transfer window is annoying. Spurs are getting rid of their whole squad to Sunderland, then are signing some russians and Bentleyt. Is there any surprise links at 11?

On the contrary, if Spurs sold Keane and Berbatov, i think he would have a very good chance at holding down a place in the starting XI...

As for the whole, Spurs, Manchester United or Arsenal thing. Im not sure given the choice of Blackburn or London, it would be that easy for him...

I love the club, but im sure he doesnt get long term what could happen...

Precisely, and Spurs may come in with an offer with the money raised from the sales of Keane and Berbatov. I won't be surprised if Roque and Bentley are Spurs players by September.

Meanwhile, we will have plodders like Fowler and Andrews to look forward to. Yipee. <_<

Maybe even 4 midfielders, stil coming in? You sure its many Mr Nixon?

If its 4 people will be sold!!! I hope there's something in the bresciano story at 3M he's a bargin!!

If ince is going to play 5 in the middle, we would need a holder, a creative player, Bentley's replacement and another Winger as back up/to push MGP. So 4.

Nicko - in your opinion are any of the players we're looking at better than the ones we have already?

(JohnS where have you been?)

I have been hybernating off the Internet in some hope that all these rumours regarding Brad and Bents was just a nightmare lol. Were on the same level as Sunderland surely, there splashing on players so why can't we?

Its not just about splashing cash.we need to get the right players in,who wil be quality additions to the 1st team. And at this point in time, thats not happening at all.

Im guessing 2 of those 4 midfielders will be Andrews and that Carlos chap?

Along with the RB and GK are you thinking 6 new players, or do you think we would be bringing in a RM just in case, if so, will the RM be 1 of the 6? :lol:

Well with so many midfielders coming in, surely there will some going out?

Yes... Bentley... ;)

Im guessing 2 of those 4 midfielders will be Andrews and that Carlos chap?

Along with the RB and GK are you thinking 6 new players, or do you think we would be bringing in a RM just in case, if so, will the RM be 1 of the 6? :lol:

Yes... Bentley... ;)

Did someone say, rovers wage bill was high :rolleyes:

I agree totally we need quality not quantity

The truest thing anyones said all day.

We finished 7th last season, were losing Bentley which we can do nothing about and with the money that comes in no doubt we will be able to find a suitable replacement.

Friedel is almost unreplaceable but again can't be helped and bringing in Robinson is a decent replacement.

So let's add a few more quality players such as Villa if he turns out to be as good as he looks and a right back and another midfielder and we can look to push on for a european place.

We were a good side before Bentley and we'll be a good side afterwards.

Archived