BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

This is crazy, everyone seems to want to leave and anyone we are interested in signing either is taking forever (Because they probably are hoping another club comes in!) or we decide not to sign them, at this rate were only going to have half a team left. Maybe we should give Sherwood, Newell, Hendry etc a shout see if they fancy a game?

Also anyone who seems to either say there excited about the new season or pledge their futures to the club suddenly seem to want to leave, especially if these recent reports on Rocky are true. We've had Friedel, Warnock, Rocky. Hmm Emerton and Nelson recently said they were either excited about the new season or signed new contracts so I guess there next. Quickly followed by Samba, MGP and McCarthy I guess.

Possible team for next season?

Brown

Reid

Khizanishvilli

Ooijer

Olsson

Ripley

Vogel

Tugay

Wilcox

Fowler

Newell

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why the F do everyone wanna go to spurs??? what are so great about that??

Because they show ambition to challenge big four.

We had our chance in last season (January in particular) to show we meant business, but we were completely found out. As a result our manager and our best players left/want to leave. It's completely understandable, and it's not lot like Hughes was silent about the matter throughout January either, it was obvious this would happen when the purse was kept under lock and key.

Which one of Roque's agents is playing a waiting game? This is daft.

I will cut it down what was said on SkySports news:

Blablabla, Keane going to Liverpool, Blablabla Berbatov going to United... Possible replacements include Roque Santa Cruz (interested), agent playing waiting game...

"sheer arrogance and interference" with one of our contracted players Mr Levy? Perhaps we should go bleating to the toothless Premier League committee as you have done.

Because they show ambition to challenge big four.

We had our chance in last season (January in particular) to show we meant business, but we were completely found out. As a result our manager and our best players left/want to leave. It's completely understandable, and it's not lot like Hughes was silent about the matter throughout January either, it was obvious this would happen when the purse was kept under lock and key.

Spurs will not break into the Big Four before hell freezes over! They have a long line of "next year's" stretching out in front of them. A bit like Newcastle, in that respect. B)

I think this is more likely evidence that players who have had a hitch in their careers see us as a stepping stone club.

Bentley's career goes tits up at Arsenal, comes to us, and at the rear end of his best season, he demands a move.

Craig Bellamy's career goes tits up at Newcastle, comes to Rovers, has a good season, and demands a move to Liverpool.

Santa Cruz career goes tits up at Bayern, comes to Rovers, has an excellent season, works himself a possible more to Spurs via his agent.

Benni wants to come into English football, but knows he needs to prove himself to the bigger clubs at a smaller club first. Has a good season, hears interest from Chelsea, head is turned, change in manager stalls that transfer, which ruins his move. His following season cacks up!

It's sickening... Zero loyalty in footie anymore! :angry:

Apart from one man bucking the trend...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=789117

:lol:

Spurs will not break into the Big Four before hell freezes over! They have a long line of "next year's" stretching out in front of them. A bit like Newcastle, in that respect. B)
Completely and utterly agree.

How Spurs can be said to show ambition is beyond me. All they show is flash pointless plastic wealth. Every year they ship out around 15 players to "thin the squad", then buy another bucketload and try to shoe them into a team.

The entire club is built on foundations as classy as Chas and as tasteful as Dave - Unfortunately, footballers seem to be impressed by that sort of thing.

If Brad and Bents goes then fair enough, but we have to stop at that. We cannot let anyone else like Warnock or Roque go. I don't give a rats arse if a player complains about not getting a move from now on, we need to be firm and make it clear that they aint going anywhere.

We need players like Roque and Warnock this season.

If we end up without Brad, Bents, Roque and Warnock this season i can see us struggle to get anywhere near the top half.

The entire club is built on foundations as classy as Chas and as tasteful as Dave - Unfortunately, footballers seem to be impressed by that sort of thing.

How about more money and living in the capital?

...Of course, then they do a Hleb and say the culture is intolerable and bog off to the continent.

I'm not a huge fan of Pennant, but to suggest Bentley is worth six times what he is, is quite ludicrous.

t's all silly comic book talk BUT Simon. You need to take into account

1. that the graph is NOT linear. Ronaldo is not worth 5 Bentleys but that will be the asking price no doubt.

and the reason for all this is ....

2. That there are still only 11 players allowed on the pitch at any one time.

As for my opinion. Pennant is troublesome and possibly a bad apple. Yossim Benayoun is the player we should be going for, better and more consistent. We cannot afford Bentley to get us in an arm lock and call the shots. He would be missed less if replaced by Benayoun AND if he stays could still play in the same team from a centre mid berth.

Sorted but only if the spaniard will allow Benayoun to leave.

Is there any reason why the majority of you guys think these players owe some form of loyalty to Rovers for rescuing their careers???

I've been a Rovers fan for 30 years since my father took me to see them play Oxford and after a 1-0 victory, I was hooked. How many of all those players that have played for Rovers in those 30 years do you think look for the Blackburn result. A small percentage I would imagine.

Rest assured, loyalty is a word for fans and always will be. In 10 years I'll be supporting Rovers, in 30 years I'll be supporting Rovers and if I stay off the Krispy Kreme doughnuts, maybe I'll be supporting them for the next 50 years!!!

I've seen promotion, I've seen relegation. I was over the moon at winning the Premier League and I cried my eyes out at Wembley when Colin Hendry scored the winner in the Full Members Cup final against Charlton in '87.

I bet the majority of people reading this post are as annoyed as I am about speculation about our players but it's part and parcel of this game we love. I want success for Rovers, but I accept that success for Rovers puts our decent players in the shop window. Do they lack loyalty if they go, or do they lack ambition if they stay?

I may not like the fact we're going to lose players and I may not like the players that Ince brings in... what I do know though is that I'll be supporting Rovers when we walk out against Everton on the 16th August.

I think this is more likely evidence that players who have had a hitch in their careers see us as a stepping stone club.

Bentley's career goes tits up at Arsenal, comes to us, and at the rear end of his best season, he demands a move.

Craig Bellamy's career goes tits up at Newcastle, comes to Rovers, has a good season, and demands a move to Liverpool.

Santa Cruz career goes tits up at Bayern, comes to Rovers, has an excellent season, works himself a possible more to Spurs via his agent.

Benni wants to come into English football, but knows he needs to prove himself to the bigger clubs at a smaller club first. Has a good season, hears interest from Chelsea, head is turned, change in manager stalls that transfer, which ruins his move. His following season cacks up!

It's sickening... Zero loyalty in footie anymore! :angry:

He was talking in relation to Robbie Keane going to Liverpool and Berbs going to United...

Santa Cruz does want that move if its possible... :angry2:

lets keep some perspective here.

its happening to all the clubs - look at arsenal. they have already lost 2 first choice midfielders and their star striker also wants out.

this is not just about us. its happening to far bigger clubs than us too. Its just the way of the new football world. The sooner you get used to it the better.

If Brad and Bents goes then fair enough, but we have to stop at that. We cannot let anyone else like Warnock or Roque go. I don't give a rats arse if a player complains about not getting a move from now on, we need to be firm and make it clear that they aint going anywhere.

I agree, but the reality is that adopting such a stubborn policy will foster ill-feeling within the squad. Roque wants to leave and will do so, sadly.

lets keep some perspective here.

its happening to all the clubs - look at arsenal. they have already lost 2 first choice midfielders and their star striker also wants out.

this is not just about us. its happening to far bigger clubs than us too. Its just the way of the new football world. The sooner you get used to it the better.

Agreed, even United are having to deal with a player that wants to leave.

We are a stepping-stone for players. Get used to it.

Archived