BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

We are in need of a much needed morale boost at the club.

Agreed, this is brilliant news, watched the youtube clip and I'm looking forward to watching this lad take his first free kick or dart past his real full right back victim (Everton! Bet he can't wait LOL ) and with the support of our full backs it will be great!

And by all accounts we could have 2 more Aussies!

Well done Paul Ince!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sky sports has revealed its official we've got our man!!!!!! woop woop

Carlos Villanueva, looks different class, I just think we should have signed him outright,

what happens if at the end of next season, Europe's top want him, meanwhile Villanueva cant agree terms with us?

But i'm very happy to see him here, he will provide many assists next season.

Carlos Villanueva, looks different class, I just think we should have signed him outright,

what happens if at the end of next season, Europe's top want him, meanwhile Villanueva cant agree terms with us?

that was my concern aswell!! but ahh well, abit of good news! :D

Its catch 22 though, we sign him now for 4M (lot of money for us plus his contract) and then he flops, we lose a lot of cash in the process. We do what we've done, loan with contract agreed and first option with fee set, he sets the prem on fire and lets say the gooners have a word in his ear. I do not know what would happen in this instance can he refuse to join us? or is it water tight with us being the only ones who can say no (given JW I will assume this option).

At the end of the day I would like to assume that if he hits it off it will be down to the fact he enjoys being at the club and fits in and so he would want to stay with us for the time being, given that we showed faith in him.

At the end of the day I would like to assume that if he hits it off it will be down to the fact he enjoys being at the club and fits in and so he would want to stay with us for the time being, given that we showed faith in him.

agreed, and if he does well for us, we should be in league position to keep him B)

starting to have the feel good factor for next season.

I'll wait for Rovers or Nicko to confirm it.

Though that might take a while :(

Don't trust Sky.

Funny that we have another journalist on here who has actually interviewed the man about his move, but if Nicko doesn't say it, it hasn't happened yet.

I'll wait for Rovers

This boy looks class.I also doubt Hughes would have gone for him,he seemed to prefer the more functional type of player.If Villaneuva is going to be indicative of the type of player Ince is going to chase then we might actually be good to watch this coming season!

This boy looks class.I also doubt Hughes would have gone for him,he seemed to prefer the more functional type of player.If Villaneuva is going to be indicative of the type of player Ince is going to chase then we might actually be good to watch this coming season!

according to ince, villanueva symbols the type of player and football he wants us to play. :D

We don't have to wait until the end of the season. If he shows that he is obviously good enough after 2 months we could sign him then, before he starts attracting attention from bigger clubs.

But if we had signed him outright and he wasn't good enough, that would be a waste of money that we couldn't afford.

Wouldn't we have first dibs on him, as we're reported to have an option of £4m to buy in the January window?

i think ince and the board will have made sure that if this lad turns out to be a world beater we will have first dibs on him.

no way can i see our board and ince allowing him the chance to be snatched away straight after his loan.

also remember that a loan deals gives us chance to free up cash for the positions we need filling.

Archived