SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skinner and Baddiel ruined his carrier with that, poor Jason Lee :lol:

If Jason Lee had been smashing in 20-30 goals a season, it wouldn't have mattered what Baddiel & Skinner called him. Also on the subject, does anybody remember Skinner's impression of big Colin?

Hmmmmm, Carlos Pirelli. Seem to remember your good self advocating us going after him (the next great white hope), how times change eh?

Well remembered. I wasn't going to mention it for fear of going off-topic but it's not one of the opinions I regret. In fact, I think Marinelli would've done a darn sight better at Rovers than Jay Bothroyd or Francis Jeffers.

Marinelli did have and does have incredible ability. Our very own Paul Ince, whilst at Boro, described him as better than Juninho. Gazza half-joked that he was only at Boro to watch Marinelli. I believe that Marinelli is now playing in the US and has become something of a living legend, having found his feet at a club and started to unfurl his dramatic potential.

He came to England too early (was it at 18 years old?). He didn't (his managers didn't) know his best position - suffering the familiar fate of No.10s being placed on the wing in Britain. And arguably, he wasn't suited for the frenetic counter-attacking style of British footy.

But I don't regret suggesting him as a Rovers target when his stock was very low because he does have unique and quite amazing skill and vision on his day. For a small fee, he could've been a decent gamble.

youtube: Marinelli in the US

From watching some of the videos you can clearly see he has played against some players who look bigger and stronger than him and he has managed to produce a bit of skill to make an opening. It looks like he has that low centre of gravity that enables him to twist and turn and accelerate really quickly.

The lad clearly has some talent and I’m looking forward to seeing him in the blue and white. I will call for patience though that it may take him some time to settle in, hopefully he will display the sort of talent he possesses before January so we can sign him up.

QUOTE (67splitscreen @ Jul 22 2008, 17:42 ) *

This is the best video i have seen of King Carlos,

Watch and enjoy.

Lost count of the meg's.

Could even be better than a certain Ronaldo. biggrin.gif

What's a shroud signing? does he ghost into the penalty area?

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+Don,t know I missed that one.

QUOTE (67splitscreen @ Jul 22 2008, 17:42 ) *

This is the best video i have seen of King Carlos,

Watch and enjoy.

Lost count of the meg's.

Could even be better than a certain Ronaldo. biggrin.gif

What's a shroud signing? does he ghost into the penalty area?

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+Don,t know I missed that one.

First sentence of the blog!

From watching some of the videos you can clearly see he has played against some players who look bigger and stronger than him and he has managed to produce a bit of skill to make an opening. It looks like he has that low centre of gravity that enables him to twist and turn and accelerate really quickly.

The lad clearly has some talent and I’m looking forward to seeing him in the blue and white. I will call for patience though that it may take him some time to settle in, hopefully he will display the sort of talent he possesses before January so we can sign him up.

He doesn't seem to have out and out pace - though if he did I suppose he would be off to Real Madrid by now. However - what is startling is his eye for goal - quite exceptional for a midfield player.

Let the good times roll

This guy looks a superstar in the making. Which begs the obvious question, why didn't a money bags Argie or Brazilian club pick him up?

Incidentally, I notice that Audax Italiano lost their star striker to Chelsea this year (Franco Di Santo).

Italian Audax defeated by two goals to one to Cobresal in the El Salvador stage, in a commitment agreed by the fifth date of the match of Closing. This victory is constituted in the first of the championship for the set of Raul Toro who suffered during the ninety minutes to secure the longed for triumph. The goals were work of Cristián Reynero and Loyal Braulio for the itálicos ones, whereas the discount was the responsibility of Rodrigo Núñez. The party before the square of Cobresal was the last possibility of seeing Carlos Villanueva dressing the t-shirt number ten of Italian Audax. Although Wednesday must travel to enter to the rows of the English team Blackburn Rovers, Villanueva specifically asked to take leave of the institution defending to the floridanos to the field of El Salvador. Some fans arrived from Antofagasta to contemplate the moment in situ and Villanueva responded to cabalidad at the first moments of I collate. To the 30 seconds of the first stage to Villanueva it turned a goal that was annulled to be On guard of advance. The play was caused after a qualification of Fabian Orellana. Two minutes later it was the same Orellana that entering by right only saw by the center Pineapple. This time, anticipated well mannered the defender Diego Whistles to move away the danger. So dangerous it was Villanueva in the starting that Luis Flowers stuck a kick to him in the middle of the field had that it to evil to bring minutes. And also to the technical body that observed the party a flank of the game land. Audax was immensely superior from the starting. To already mentioned plays the opening of the account on the part of Cristián Reynero by means of shot of average distance was added that stuck the right wood and entered portería smoothly defended by González Robert. The play that preceded the goal was a ball that held Rubén Darío Gigena. The inaugural morning call took place to the 9 minutes of the first time and was totally just dice which happened until that moment. With happening of the Audax minutes it began to lose the ball. To the 15 ' Cobresal caused a play of risk by the right sector. Pedro Muñoz entered by the right sector and its closing beat in the lateral face of the arc. Five minutes later, Cristián Rivers beat to him above to the ball from outside the area and this one centimeters of horizontal audino. Cobresal began to collect to dropper. Even so the nortina square was frequently with the last line audina commanded by Carlos Garrido and Juan González, the one that it prevented that they were hand with the Villasanti doorman by hand and forced in this way them to try by means of shots of average distance that did not make an impression on the itálicos ones. To the 29 ' Rubén Darío Gigena gained a yellow card by an offered blow on the head to Diego Guidi. Although the floridanos players began to create occasions of risk of the Argentine attacker, Gigena was vague during the first 45 '. In any case always it was a permanent risk for the cobresalina defense that he tried not to give nor a meter him of advantage. Almost to the edge, Caesar Santis gained a yellow by an infraction to a rival and Mauritius Salazar saw assets, although it could not either make uneven by the left sector. Both players were the main modifications in the equipment that the past week resigned two points as the premises before Melipilla Sports and that the glory in El Salvador looked for. Secondly Time There were no modifications in the dawn of the second fraction. Baltazar Astorga I enter by the left and one approached towards medialuna and thence it proved luck. The ball passage to a flank of the arc guarded by the Villasanti Paraguayan. Rodrigo Núñez began to have more meters of advantage and began to be associated with Patricio Lira. As much it went so to the 57 ', Núñez beat to him from outside the area and the ball went away to nail to the angle left superior of Villasanti that nothing put to do before that remarkable shot. The tie to that height fell and Audax did not find the answers. At the 65 ' audina arrived the transitory advantage. Loyal Braulio managed to clear a ball when Cobresal left playing and after that it raised the ball to him to the advanced González goal. The ball struck the horizontal and entered. The guardadlíneas Red Manuel validated the annotation before the stupor of the local bias that did not believe as the morning call were caused. That goal was absolute merit of Loyal that especially celebrated next to all companions and with celebrated the Carlos Villanueva. To the 75 ' a closing of just entered Ibarra to took place which arrived Villasanti very well down. The arquero audino left the ball floating in the area, but in second instance Muñoz arrived to define and the Paraguayan arquero was formidable to avoid the fall of its porch. Shortly after the same Ibarra tried with a free shot to the guaraní but this one responded of the best form moving away the danger when they were few moments for the end. Omar Enrique Mallea entered the 82 ' and unlike which all thought, it entered by Fabian Orellana. All hoped that the change was by Villanueva and in this way outside a goodbye of the few audinos fans who arrived at the mining camping. Villanueva said to goodbye playing the 90 minutes and engalanando the first floridana victory of the present championship. With this result the audinos added six units and were sharpshooting of Group 4. In addition they climbed until the tenth position of the Closing. On the other hand Cobresal also sinks in the nineteenth position of the general and in the lowest part of group 4. The next challenge of the itálicos ones is to face the next weekend to Huachipato in the Monumental Stage.

I used an on-line transalator...but you get the gist... B)

Good players can make even the best defenders look idiots. How much is his skill - and how much bad defending will unfold over the coming months.

English referees would be awarding free kicks left right and center from fouls on him if those clips were English teams.

The fact that he fights on is good for me.

Seems like we may have a player that will add at least 38 yellow cards a season.

Will make Berts 38 for us look a bit better.

Archived