BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
according to a website cant remeber which one, :wacko: he is going to play his final game for him club on sunday then join up with rovers. What do you mean final game. I wonder what stage there are in their season, imagnie him playing clsoe to full seson with them and now joining rovers for pre season in preparation where the actuall season starts on augast 14

He'll be a bit early if he expects to start on the 14th cos the season doesn't start till 16th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTR25tJzWyE

Just got sent this from a friend, has footage when he played as a kid too. Wish I could speak Spanish.

Can anyone get the gist of it?

my spanish isnt what it could be, but he say something along the lines of ' well done to the lad nicko, he knew about this transfer to one of europes finest clubs before i did!'

and on bentley he said 'who?'

il pay the 20 quid it looks like it will cost to get his name on the back of my shirt next season!

Would love to see him race Tugay... Ok, ok, i know it sounds cruel. But honestly, tell me that you wouldn't love to see Carlos jogging past a wheezing Tugay...

I can imagine the end, Tugay joggs up long after Carlos has finished...

"somebody (wheeze)... give me a (wheeze)... fag!!!!" :lol:

according to a website cant remeber which one, :wacko: he is going to play his final game for him club on sunday then join up with rovers. What do you mean final game. I wonder what stage there are in their season, imagnie him playing clsoe to full seson with them and now joining rovers for pre season in preparation where the actuall season starts on augast 14

they have played 3 games and dawn all 3

With every video I watch of this guy i get more and more excited, I can't help but think that we might just have our hands on the next messi/ronaldo, and if he turns out to be half as good as those two we've still got quite a player on our hands. It seems too good to be true

With every video I watch of this guy i get more and more excited, I can't help but think that we might just have our hands on the next messi/ronaldo, and if he turns out to be half as good as those two we've still got quite a player on our hands. It seems too good to be true

very true but if he's thta good he'll probaly get snapped up by the so called '' big four ''

very true but if he's thta good he'll probaly get snapped up by the so called '' big four ''

Yeh lets look on the positive side.

Reality is - any half decent player we get will be linked with moves away from the club - that is the reality of the situation. The fact that we have a number of players linked with moves away shows how much we have progressed over the last couple of years. So, though I see it as a pain in the ****, it is actually a good position to be in as it shows we have some decent players.

I hope he is linked to bigger clubs in 12 months time - as it will have shown he has been a success. Though hopefully we will have tied him to a full time contract by then - and he will come out and say how much he loves Rovers :rover:

Hello Everybody Peeps.. I'm typing a greeting in when I dont need to as its just an internet messageboard, not letter writing 101., having looked at the youtube videos, any one else see the likeness to a little known cumbrian lad who took rovers by storm before that cruel blow in Rome..... There's only one Matty Jansen or maybe there is a second coming..

There is a Chillean posting on the official board who seems to be closely connected to Villanueva.

The deal is a one year loan with an agreed fee of US$8.6m (about £4,2m at current rates) for the permanent transfer on which Rovers have first and exclusive rights and Audex getting 20% of any sell-on fee made by Rovers.

Seems that the transfer has made a big impact in Chile- better get a Rovers club shop opened in Santiago.

Villanueva arrives in Blackburn tomorrow.

There is a Chillean posting on the official board who seems to be closely connected to Villanueva.

The deal is a one year loan with an agreed fee of US$8.6m (about £4,2m at current rates) for the permanent transfer on which Rovers have first and exclusive rights and Audex getting 20% of any sell-on fee made by Rovers.

Seems that the transfer has made a big impact in Chile- better get a Rovers club shop opened in Santiago.

Great work with the loan, future fee and first option. 20% sell on clause is fair too, nothing like the alleged 50% for Bentley. Going to be stopping in Santiago this coming October...might get his name printed on the back of my shirt!

wow im getting really exited now.. he looks so talented i cant wait to see him

this is really going to help rovers' fan base because he seems to be a massive player in chile so hopefully we wil be seing thousands of more blackburn shirts being worn around the world!!!

wow im getting really exited now.. he looks so talented i cant wait to see him

this is really going to help rovers' fan base because he seems to be a massive player in chile so hopefully we wil be seing thousands of more blackburn shirts being worn around the world!!!

Im looking forward to see him strutting his stuff, but lets not get too carried away

to be fair he hasnt played in the best league in the world and we might be getting

ahead of ourselves.

Not putting a downer on it just lets not put too much pressure on the lad he is only 22!

Just wondering why no other spanish teams went for him when the sociadad deal fell through!

On the videos he looks the part just hope we see some of them goals at ewood next season!

Im looking forward to see him strutting his stuff, but lets not get too carried away

to be fair he hasnt played in the best league in the world and we might be getting

ahead of ourselves.

Not putting a downer on it just lets not put too much pressure on the lad he is only 22!

Just wondering why no other spanish teams went for him when the sociadad deal fell through!

On the videos he looks the part just hope we see some of them goals at ewood next season!

very true but look at ronaldo he's only 23

All these foreign names, what ever happened to simple names that you could pronounce such as Ward, Davies, Blake, Lewis.

On second thoughts - :brfcsmilie:

If anyone wants to practice pronouncing Villanueva's name try this simple but still somehow confusing guide.... beeyah-nwaybah

It's a mouthful even to Spanish speakers!

Archived