BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Sign Chilean Superstar Carlos Villanueva

den

How does that rule out a loan deal? It just says we've agreed a deal to bring him to Ewood.

If we're negotiating contracts then pretty sure its the wage etc.

If it was a loan deal wouldn't we pay him the same amount his current club are paying him and therefore no contract issues?

Correct me if i'm wrong by all means

cheers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it was a loan deal wouldn't we pay him the same amount his current club are paying him and therefore no contract issues?

I don't think it's anywhere near that straightforward, we'd still have to negotiate a deal with the player after agreeing a loan transfer with the club.

If we're negotiating contracts then pretty sure its the wage etc.

Correct me if i'm wrong by all means

cheers

Nope. Player would still need to sign a contract saying he was on loan at Ewood. He is not a slave as Blatter would put it. Him and his agent would expect some (although not massive) reimbursement, plus, of course, a contract stating the terms of the loan (hopefully including some form of agreed fee and first refusal) would need to be agreed with his club.

Lots of paperwork.

I'll stick my neck out here and hope it gets bitten off. I don't think this fella has signed anything yet, for two reasons. Firstly, none of the sites reporting it have a quote from anyone and secondly, there's been absolutely no word yet from Ewood Park.

Good point. Not all good uns - Rigters was a bit rubbish as well.

But he probably go the best value pound for pound of any manager in the Prem in the four years he was here.

How can you call rigters rubbish, he looked good before he came to us and was hardly given a shout in the team, I am one that beleives that rigters should be given another chance

I would also like to say that this guy really excites me, we haven't seen this much excitement from a potential signing in years at ewood park if I am to be honest. I think that a loan deal with an agreed first refusal fee should be sufficient and would make really good business sense. I am more up for this guy than castillo

How can you call rigters rubbish, he looked good before he came to us and was hardly given a shout in the team, I am one that beleives that rigters should be given another chance

Because whenever Rigters has been given a chance he's been poor. You have to grab chances if you don't get many and he just hasn't.

Don't know if this has already been posted: ten things about Villanueva

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20653591/

"His Audaxc career hasn’t been all plain sailing, however. He turned down the chance to be team captain after falling out with the club’s directors, and was actually transferred to Real Sociedad in May. However when it transpired that the Spanish side couldn’t actually afford to buy him, Carlos was forced to return to Chile."

The only hint of negativity. Could be another Bentley, but let's get a few good years out of him and no dodgy clauses!

Sporting life article on Carlos: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/

I hope this is with a view to a perminant deal? It would be plain stupid if it wasnt!

Edit: Sorry, just looked, and the link doesnt direct to it. If you scroll down the days dealings you will see the comment on him. Click on his name to look at the article...

Either he'll be crap or he'll do well and he'll be off 2 seconds at the next transfer window.

Yay.

Exactly. We do all the hard work in either finding these gems or giving players second chances, giving them the chance to develop and fulfill their potential and as soon as they do, big teams like 'Spurs' and 'Villa' come knocking.

This guy could do well, just as long as we don't have to pay too much for him.

Exactly. We do all the hard work in either finding these gems or giving players second chances, giving them the chance to develop and fulfill their potential and as soon as they do, big teams like 'Spurs' and 'Villa' come knocking.

This guy could do well, just as long as we don't have to pay too much for him.

Better that than spend tens of millions on dross like Newcastle.

It will be interesting to see if someone does ring or text the world football phone in tonight to ask Tim Vickery about him. I found a column back in Nov 2007 where Vickery said Villanueva looked an interesting prospect. It would be good to get an updated view on him as Vickery knows his stuff.

Someone rang to ask about Castillo last week

It will be interesting to see if someone does ring or text the world football phone in tonight to ask Tim Vickery about him. I found a column back in Nov 2007 where Vickery said Villanueva looked an interesting prospect. It would be good to get an updated view on him as Vickery knows his stuff.

Someone rang to ask about Castillo last week

when and where is this world footy phone in on

Wasnt there somebody as wel,who completely lost his nerve while on tv,either sky,the beeb or as an anylyst for a particular game when questions were thrown at him?must be mistaken about this though.

The reports in the LET, over the last few days, seem some what out of character.

All this news about targets, radar, bids Etc. from JW.

I get the feeling that JW, does have eyes and ears everywhere.

He may well feel, under current circumstances, that he needs to let the outside world, into the boardroom. (so to speak)

I'm not sure if Ince is ready, to play five card poker, with the media just yet.

Might be something in this!

SANTIAGO, July 18 (Reuters) - Chile international midfielder Carlos Villanueva is to join English Premier League Blackburn Rovers, his club Audax Italiano said on Friday.

"The directors of Audax Italiano informed that this morning they reached a complete agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Carlos Villanueva for the 2008/09 season," the club said on its website

Audax Italiano Official website

Archived