BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Names For My Daughter Please

We're struggling to agree on a name so....

If anyone has a name or names you like for a girl feel free....

No Taylor or Bailey type names please...(sorry any Taylor or Baileys out there...but too American)

...and we already have a Laura.

Sorry Mods can you move to not football.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think "classic" names are the best. My personal favourites right now would be Sarah or Rebecca, and always use the full name, so Samantha should not be Sam.

I would avoid modern names like Kylie etc. Also make sure you get the spelling right, once it's on the birth certificate the poor girl is stuck for life!

I heard an interesting point about middle names - rarely do people use their middle name, and usually people don't know other people's middle names, so you can make them something interesting without scarring the kid for life.

I heard an interesting point about middle names - rarely do people use their middle name, and usually people don't know other people's middle names, so you can make them something interesting without scarring the kid for life.

I'm with my dad on this one - they're pointless. I'm glad I don't have one and if I ever have kids I won't saddle them with one either. One lad at our school was stuck with the name Alban for crying out loud. What were his folks thinking?

Found it. Magician Penn Jillette's daughter's middle name is CrimeFighter:

Jillette explained that his wife suggested they use "CrimeFighter" because she herself does not have a middle name, people do not generally know other people's middle names, and they might as well "have some fun with it".

Very interesting topic! for me.

--- So sorry Plastic Head.

I'm really interesting how do English(speaker) give the name to children.

'cause, I often see "Same first name" people in English.

I still don't meet and see same my first name person (sound and letters both, and fimily name + first name does)!! I think most of Japanese same does.

Archived