BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

Maybe if he changed his name to Andrinho people would think more of him.

Lets get past the snobbery of where he was bought from - and just judge him on performances.

Lets be realistic - if Dunn, Grella and possibly Vogel had been fit - he would have struggled to make the bench. £500k for a decent squad player, who brings something a little different to the midfield, doesn't seem too bad to me.

Could you expand on 'brings something a little different to the midfield' please. What is that little difference?.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Roberts knew how to turn with the ball, he would have been through at least twice, both because of Andrews' passes.

Get over it.

Theres been a bit of criticism of Steven Reid which for me doesnt wash when you have a novice playing alongside you when your up against some of the worlds best midfielders.

Keith Andrews did not compliment Steven Reid in any way he was there on the pitch alright but always chasing shadows because he wasnt good enough, so close but yet so far away.

Theres been a bit of criticism of Steven Reid which for me doesnt wash when you have a novice playing alongside you when your up against some of the worlds best midfielders.

Yeah, it all makes sense now. Reid constantly passing to Arsenal, losing the ball with his first touch, lagging behind everyone else and not passing forward all game was ALL because of Andrews.

Andrews played better, passed better, ran all game, and showed a skill level I wouldn't have expect from him (see the flick to McCarthy which was dutifully flicked right back at him when Treacy was in acres of space)

JHC those blinkers are thick.

Goal scoring, "up and down" midfield player - all granted at a lower level, but his style of play.

''At a lower level'' is this a link to Rovers future ambitions.

Yeah, it all makes sense now. Reid constantly passing to Arsenal, losing the ball with his first touch, lagging behind everyone else and not passing forward all game was ALL because of Andrews.

Andrews played better, passed better, ran all game, and showed a skill level I wouldn't have expect from him (see the flick to McCarthy which was dutifully flicked right back at him when Treacy was in acres of space)

JHC those blinkers are thick.

Seem to remember Andrews first touch losing control of the ball then clattering into an Arsenal player leaving him on the floor with the referee giving him and the captain a stern word as to his future conduct.

Reid passed the ball forward when the opportunities arose Andrews lost the ball just as much as Reid did.

I seem to remember Andrews completely selling Van Persie and getting clattered, but the ref played advantage. Van Persie got talked to after though.

It's funny what a selective memory you have.

You can't seem to last 5 minutes without banging on about your personal vendettas, first Dunn, then Ince, then Fowler and now Andrews.

Go and hide, you miserable git.

I seem to remember Andrews completely selling Van Persie and getting clattered, but the ref played advantage. Van Persie got talked to after though.

You can't seem to last 5 minutes without banging on about your personal vendettas, first Dunn, then Ince, then Fowler and now Andrews.

Were was Dunny ? that takes his availabilty below the 50% mark for me unacceptable.

Ince signs donkeys in Fowler and Andrews he has to take the flack but more importantly i've watched two game at home this season and in both the second have been a huge huge disappointment for me there is something wrong here.

If Ince signs two world beaters then my opinion would change instantly, he'd become the best manager we've ever had simple as that.

Ince has failed miserably to improve the team or squad so far, that is what he is charged with early days but the january transfer window cant come soon enough.

ok he wasnt outstanding against an arsenal midfield-but many premierleague midfielders arent against arsenal..

i think he will do alright-hes decent at passing, nearly scored himself after some good play and wasnt afraid to put his foot in..

i think its abit unfair to say he is out his depth in the premierleague when he only made his full debut and it was against arsenal..

Just seen how Andrews stepped out of the way Walcotts run allowing him to set up Van Persie for the first goal.

I can't be arsed arguing this point anymore.

He wandered past our whole team, Andrews included.

Andrews a had a great chance to ''take him down'' were was that desire to win in Keith,to do what has to be done, what the ferk was he thinking, we need midfielders who can dominate Ince should know better.

Andrews a had a great chance to ''take him down'' were was that desire to win in Keith,to do what has to be done, what the ferk was he thinking, we need midfielders who can dominate Ince should know better.

You are a complete idiot. You hate most of the team and management. Go and find a new hobby and leave us in peace FFS.

I really can't believe all the negative comments about Andrews!

Fair enough he's never going to be a world class player or even the best in the EPL but I thought that he had a steady game for his home debut and he was certainly not the worst player on the pitch, especially has he is probably only standing in for the injured Dunn and Grella!

Didnt do bad for me seeing it was his 1st, against Fabregas and co.

Decent passing, lots of energy, got into the box a few times too. Will do fine against the rest, he just needs abit of time to get used to the pace of the prem.

It looks like certain members on here won't give him that luxury.

I must defend Steven Reid, who I thought did well under the circumstances; he passsing was OK and he was a physical threat. Andrews was out of position and slow to react to the game around him; either he's just getting to grips with the pace of top-flight football, or he's not up to it. We'll soon find out which.

Paul you must have had your shades on yeh! Reid was awful, Andrews has been better than Reid, in both the games he has featured. Reid was the one that should have cut out Walcott's run, he was in that defensive role, with Andrews more of the attacker. 1st of all, how can our whole team allow players like this so much freedom on the ball? Secondly, Samba should play slightly ahead of Nelsen,they are to in a straight line. And 3rd point, is with a slow defence rather pick up a player, and forget about playing the offside game.

Context is the word for today.

Andrews on his 'bestest' ever day will still only be an average player. If Didier Deschamps was the 'water carrier', Andrews will be the 'manure cleaner-upper'.

Personally, I'm more concerned to see our 'good' players - Warnock, Nelsen, Samba, Gamst, Reid playing at performance levels of around 20-25% of their capabiity.

Of course, not many people will be honest enough to admit they'd made their mind up before Andrews had even kicked a ball for us, would they? He's destined to be another Tim Sherwood, people will always hate him no matter how good/bad/average he proves himself to be.

Must admit I've seen plenty of players look more out of their depth when they first joined us than Andrews did against Arsenal. Not an easy fixture in which to make your first Premiership home start and whilst the result was disappointing I thought Andrews probably came second to Emerton as our best performer on the day. The team overall is clearly lacking in quality having had an abysmal transfer window - losing Friedel & Bentley & bringing no-one of any proven quality in - but Andrews may be a reasonable squad player to have on board.

I thought, as someone said earlier, that he did "some good things", but his overall game was way below what is needed. Nowhere near good enough IMO.

Plus, what's all this "well he was playing against Arsenal" excuse? He's allowed to play well against everyone, isn't he?

I thought, as someone said earlier, that he did "some good things", but his overall game was way below what is needed. Nowhere near good enough IMO.

Plus, what's all this "well he was playing against Arsenal" excuse? He's allowed to play well against everyone, isn't he?

Exactly !

Even numpty Ince came out with the line 'well at least we wont be playing Arsenal every week' what sort of attitude is that, i go to watch Rovers beat them not rollover and out in a twenty minute performance.

Archived