BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is literally no comparison you can draw.

Phillips and Stewart had done very well in the leagues directly below. If we signed a 28 year old midfielder who had lit up the Championship then the reaction wouldnt have been anything like this.

Berner was an international, Enckelman had done alright enough at the top level apart from THAT mistake vs Birmingham.

Saying that people want Ince to fail is out of order IMO and shows a total lack of respect for other peoples opinion. We're all Rovers fans for christs sakes, why would we want Ince to fail?

IF Andrews succeeds it will be a massive turn up for the books. The odds are massively on him not being a successful buy or making any sort of significant contribution to our team.

If you read pages 3 onwards on the "Paul Ince do you approve" thread it is safe to say there are people who don`t want Ince at the club.The only way this will happen is if Ince is successful in which case other clubs will come for him but will take a couple of years,or if Ince does so badly that he gets sacked which would happen a hell of a lot quicker.So in that respect i stand by what i said in that some people want Ince to fail,if it means that he is no longer at the club.

Here are some of the comments:

"Sooner the bstards gone the better".

"i hope we are struggling by christmas so we can get this calamity out!"

Now for me THAT is total disrespect for a guy who at the time hadn`t even managed his first competitive game!

Ince has essentially done the same as Souness did when he first came. Souness brought in two players he'd worked with and knew well, Tugay and Friedel. Ince has brought in Andrews.

Ince is not bringing half the MK Dons squad with him, he is bringing in one player who he must feel can do a job. I think he can probably judge a midfielder fairly well.

I feel quite comfortable with this signing, could well be very good, if not, for the price we appear to have got him for, it's not going to kill us.

I don't know if he'll be a world-beater, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be a lot better than the likes of Berner and Mokoena.

Some people seemingly do want Ince to fail and Andrews to be a poor signing!

Give him a chance, can't blame KA, its massive for him and he isnt going to turn down this step up. Give him the support he probably might need!!!!

With our reasonably encouraging start to the season, the critics are starting to run out of sticks to beat Ince with.

Andrews might be about the last of those.

True.

At the end of the day Ince is a winner and was one of those rare players who would put their bodies on the line if it meant winning something.He simply just doesn`t like losing and he must feel that Andrews can do a job,otherwise he is going to look a right mug.As a man who takes great pride in his job,no way will Ince want to look a mug.

Some people seemingly do want Ince to fail and Andrews to be a poor signing!

If anyone only wants to hear praise, for any manager, whoever he is, they would be better off giving reading messageboards a miss.

It's about opinions.

If anyone only wants to hear praise, for any manager, whoever he is, they would be better off giving reading messageboards a miss.

It's about opinions.

Indeed but it's one thing passing an opinion based on things that have happened on the pitch and another posting endless groundless crap before a ball's been kicked.

We've had the latter with Ince already, and now it looks like it's going to be Andrews turn before he has even stepped onto the pitch for us.

No mention of Andrews was there in that comment, it was a generic point about midfielders from lower leagues

So what was the point of the comment then? There are probably hundreds of utterly irrelevant lines he could say, why bother saying that one straight after talking about Andrews?

Maybe he said League One because he'd know how bloody ridiculous it is to say that a player who scored 14 goals in League Two can repeat it in the Premiership.

Going to be honest, he wasn't standout. He didn't mess up though, or even get out played. Made a good bit of tight passes and had some excellent touches. Hope to see more.

Agreed with the way you are commenting about him. That is the very few plus point i see from today match...

So what was the point of the comment then? There are probably hundreds of utterly irrelevant lines he could say, why bother saying that one straight after talking about Andrews?

Maybe he said League One because he'd know how bloody ridiculous it is to say that a player who scored 14 goals in League Two can repeat it in the Premiership.

Umm let me see... the point of the comment was that lower league players who score goals from midfield can do a job in the premier league?

Suffice to say that Andrews had a good debut- to your annoyance I suspect.

Umm let me see... the point of the comment was that lower league players who score goals from midfield can do a job in the premier league?

Suffice to say that Andrews had a good debut- to your annoyance I suspect.

But why say League One instead of the league he actually did it in?! I'm aware that it could be a mistake by the way.

I don't find his debut at all annoying, why would I? If you go a few pages back, I've taken a more 'wait and see' attitude than a lot of people. I find conceding 4 goals quite annoying though...but that's for another thread.

But why say League One instead of the league he actually did it in?! I'm aware that it could be a mistake by the way.

I don't find his debut at all annoying, why would I? If you go a few pages back, I've taken a more 'wait and see' attitude than a lot of people. I find conceding 4 goals quite annoying though...but that's for another thread.

My mistake mate, sorry.

I have simply heard too many posters mentioning that Andrews is rubbish, Andrews cannot make the step up and like you I have a 'lets wait and see' approach. I really hope he builds on this.

The back 5 need to talk to one another and Winterburn needs to earn his money.

When Andrews came on, West Ham stopped powering throgh the middle the way they did against the woeful Vince Grella who probably would have seen red after 6 mins if Lucas Neill hadn't reached the ref before the ref reached his pocket.

Andrews had a debut to be very satisfied with irrespective of Warnock gifting West Ham the last two goals.

I will hold my hand up here and say that I was a fan that was worried about the signing of andrews and also was one that was disapointed when I found out he was on the bench and that he had come on at half time. But to be fair to the lad, he made me eat my words, he didn't put a foot wrong, had a solid touch and some very nice to see distribution of the ball. made some well worked challenges and didn't really put a foot wrong. I think some of Nicko's humble pie may have to be consumed!!!!

by the way speaking of pies the food at West Ham was awful, they were all pre packed and microwave, rip off prices and were poor quality.

The more I think about it, the more impressed I was with debut Yesterday. He must have known how sceptic the fans was about signing a League 2 player. Then getting your debut with probably just a couple of training sessions with his team mates. In addition we were chasing the game, you could expect someone to go hiding.

I probably expecting some headless running around to show some commitment, but I was suprised by the way he went looking for the ball and his distribution. He also seemed more inclined to play it on the deck to the forwards, rather then hoof it up like many of our players do. I guess this is probably what Ince wants and in Andrews he had someone already familiar with his ways.

He also seemed commmited in the tackle and I seem to remember him winning a tasty challenge which set up the break away where Derbyshire tried to lob Green. We only have Reid as a similar box-to-box player, but we all know he's lost it and he's never been one to get into the box and finish off attacks. Like Frank Lampard, David Platt.....

So in short, we've bought our Lampard for 500k :) , now it's time for Ince to get our League 2 answer for our right wing problem. I thinking someone similar to David Beckham, only with pace and dribble skills.

Archived