BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

What I don't understand, is why you're having a go at the PR team for an article in the LT.

When he was being interviewed by the LT about Ince, maybe he should have told them to ask RSC because the fans like RSC more!!

simple really.

The communications team / pr team should manage who talks to the press and when. It's pretty easy to measure sentiment & if they had thought about it, would have been far better to offer a player to the LET who is well liked by the fans.

Save the Andrews interviews until after 10 games, when he's had a chance to silence the muppets.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrews was chasing shadows for the majority of the game today and our ball retention in midfield was bloody awful. Fulham worked through our midfield on two or three occasions to create chances while we fannied around and eventually knocked it route one. Only changed when Tugay and Carlos came on, then we actually started to play.

All I can hear is people saying he did 'okay' well I'm sorry I want my central midfielder, the hub of my team, to do a little better than 'okay' especially against a team like Fulham at home.

For me, he is not and never will be good enough at this level. End of.

I think Andrews can become a good player for us as one of three 3 central midfielders. Then he can "hide" his (obvious) weaker skills with running, running, shooting, putting in nasty challenges and some more running. All aspects where he seeems to have some decent ability.

Paul so you would prefer that hopeless Reid instead? I cannot understand why Andrews is getting so much negativity towards him. He does the simple things, gets the ball, picks out a team mate, and makes a run into space. When we lose the ball, he gets back to help the defence.

Paul so you would prefer that hopeless Reid instead? I cannot understand why Andrews is getting so much negativity towards him. He does the simple things, gets the ball, picks out a team mate, and makes a run into space. When we lose the ball, he gets back to help the defence.

Reid every time for me.

I thought Andrews did ok yesterday. He might just turn out to be decent buy.

He was very, very lucky not to be sent off. I honestly could not believe my eyes when he was shown a yellow. It may well prove to be a key point in his Rovers career.

I was against his signing, as I was with Ince's appointment, but they are here now and let's get behind them.

At best he's a bargain, at worst he'll go back to the championship in a year for £800k or thereabouts.

Andrews did fine yesterday. Wasn't outstanding but certainly showed more than the likes of Reid have done in that position. He also showed more desire to break forward than any central midfielder has done for a long while. His passing is a bit shaky sometimes but how many times do we see Reid / The Axe spray the ball to nobody and at least he hasn't found an invisible friend yet.

A lot of the problem is that nobody on here wants him and, surprise surprise, he isn't going to get a fair crack of the whip. If he was called Keith Adrewchini from some lower league Italian club we'd be saying he looked OK. As it is some people are slagging him off even when he played fine.

Do I think he will be good enough long term. No. But at least I can admit and compliment him when he does play OK.

I have pinned my colours to the mast and said that Robinson will be a liability over the course of the season but at least I can hold my hands up and say he played well yesterday.

Reid every time for me.

The 2005 pre-injury Reid definitely. The current one I'm not so sure.

Andrews was chasing shadows for the majority of the game today and our ball retention in midfield was bloody awful. Fulham worked through our midfield on two or three occasions to create chances while we fannied around and eventually knocked it route one. Only changed when Tugay and Carlos came on, then we actually started to play.

All I can hear is people saying he did 'okay' well I'm sorry I want my central midfielder, the hub of my team, to do a little better than 'okay' especially against a team like Fulham at home.

For me, he is not and never will be good enough at this level. End of.

So by your reckoning Fulham 'worked' through our midfield once every half an hour......... that does not sound much to me.

'End of'? End of what - another biased rant?

What about the brilliant run he made from Tugays through ball that he just missed getting on the end of? Oh no, you wont mention that because it was what you want your midfielder to do.

Give the bloke a break

he did decently the first half of the Arsenal match, and I was wondering if he was woeful the second half because we had to press being so far behind?

No he didn't do decently at all, early minutes he looked well out of his depth v Fabregas etc then he got booked for a very late 4th Div lunge and from then for the rest of the match was walking on egg shells.

No he didn't do decently at all, early minutes he looked well out of his depth v Fabregas etc then he got booked for a very late 4th Div lunge and from then for the rest of the match was walking on egg shells.

How many midfielders anywhere don't look out of their depth against Fabgregas? Yesterday he hardly misplaced a pass, which is a revelation on many recent Rovers' midfielders and he had two good chances to score. Methinks he's the new Mark Atkins - a damn sight more useful than most fans recognise.

the problem ive get with andrews is that in the midfield he dosent close anyone down he just backs off, and that contributed to why we got beat 4-0 last week. he just never never pts pressure on the opposition player.

Jimmy Bullard may disagree :D

In all seriousness though, yes he does back off. I think it's a response to knowing if he dives in he'll get beat or give a free kick away. The problem is if you back off premier league players they punish you.

As his confidence grow I expect this 'problem' to fade away.

that is where the problem lies. he will learn that Rovers' players do not pass and move. They get the ball pass it and then hide in the nearest available space. Or like that other irish midfielder we have pass the ball backwards no matter which way he is facing and slow the game down to a stop.

I am going to be brave and say 'Andrews is better than Reid.' If Reid was worth £6mill then Andrews is worth £6 mill and a penny!' Bargain of the season at £500, 000. Where is spurs phone number, they are daft enough to pay £6 mill come january.

Just got back from the game today, Andrews played well. I think he should continue to start.

Good simple football, only saw him give the ball away once. I think this guy is getting some stick on here that he doesn't deserve. I am alot happier with him on the ball than the likes of Reid and the axe.

I hope he settles and starts to get some goals and wish him all the best.

Spot on! Exactly what I said walking up livesey branch rd, post game!

Have seen far worse than Andrews play for us and be cheered loudly (ie Grabbi)

To those that boooed the lad when his name was announced...........SHAME ON YOU, YOU COWARDLY B******S

Spot on! Exactly what I said walking up livesey branch rd, post game!

Have seen far worse than Andrews play for us and be cheered loudly (ie Grabbi)

To those that boooed the lad when his name was announced...........SHAME ON YOU, YOU COWARDLY B******S

Yes but Grabbi came from a similar standard of football but he was foreign and cost £7 mill! That is an inspirationally BAD signing.

Thanks anyway I had successfully forgotten he had even donned a Rovers shirt!

Looks to be a decent signing for me - especially at £800k. People were always going to pre-judge him having being signed from a League 1/2 side but for me he's not looked out of place against our other central midfield players... He reminds me of Dunn & to an extent Savage.

Andrews is supposed to be a box to box midfielder. If he is then he has to be the midfielder going forward and scoring goals or creating chacnes.

As of this moment he has had 1 shot that was narrowly off target when he singed the side netting yesterday int he first hal. Other than that he has not had one single shot on target and he has not created a decent chance for any of the strikers.

In going back to his own box he is supposed to be there to break the play up, so far he has been cruelly exposed, even against little old Jimmy Bullard. He is not tactically aware, he is slow in the tackle and his passing over 5 yards is mishit.

Its fine for someone to say he did okay in Div 2 but this is the business league, he doesnt seem to have the necessary skills to hack it. Just look at the impact Tugay had in yesterdays game, look at Carlos's cameo as well as Sir Matty's. Then compare Andrews workload versus that 3 and you will see what I mean.

In 90 minutes he contributed a missed shot, he created NOTHING and was found missing in action through the middle when Fulham were dictating the game in the first half.

Thats why he doesnt fit the bill for BRFC.

Andrews is supposed to be a box to box midfielder. If he is then he has to be the midfielder going forward and scoring goals or creating chacnes.

As of this moment he has had 1 shot that was narrowly off target when he singed the side netting yesterday int he first hal. Other than that he has not had one single shot on target and he has not created a decent chance for any of the strikers.

In going back to his own box he is supposed to be there to break the play up, so far he has been cruelly exposed, even against little old Jimmy Bullard. He is not tactically aware, he is slow in the tackle and his passing over 5 yards is mishit.

Its fine for someone to say he did okay in Div 2 but this is the business league, he doesnt seem to have the necessary skills to hack it. Just look at the impact Tugay had in yesterdays game, look at Carlos's cameo as well as Sir Matty's. Then compare Andrews workload versus that 3 and you will see what I mean.

In 90 minutes he contributed a missed shot, he created NOTHING and was found missing in action through the middle when Fulham were dictating the game in the first half.

Thats why he doesnt fit the bill for BRFC.

FFS! have a go at Pedersen or Roberts for yesterdays showing not Andrews.

To all and sundry.......get behind him and give him a chance!

What a load of rubbish 1864. Reid was the player who was given the task, to break up play against Arsenal. He failed miserably, no word from you criticising him. Give the guy a chance please. Nobody has said anything about Grella, just because he came from Serie A. Stead and Neill both came from lower league teams, and that turned out alright to a certain extent. It seems, if you dont come from a big team or league, you not good enough. If you all are so much better than Andrews, then why is he playing at that level, and you typing on a message board? I know i wil get attacked for this, but who cares.

The problem is that Andrews can play as more of a holding midfield player- Ince knows this.

Which is why Emerton was bombing forward yesterday, if Grella was fit, I can see Andrews doing well going forward, at the moment Andrews is doing a job for the team.

People said that he would never cut it in the premier league, well after a couple of performances I can say that he looks comfortable in this league, can pass and has some skill too, an absolute steal for £500K.

Iceman- you wont get attacked by me, I agree with what you have said.

You sound a bit touchy Iceman is is too hot out there ?

In respect of Reid the less said the better, he was truly awful versus Arsenal.

I have never said I am better than Andrews and at the ripe old age of 42 I no longer play football.

Over my 37yrs of watching Rovers I have witnessed some hit and miss players but Andrews falls - at the moment - into the category that contains players such as Paul Shepstone, Sean Curry and Matty Holmes. That box is labelled CRUD.

I will always accept that a player has limitations, I will also accept that players can improve. Andrews is nearly 28 and has only a few years to improve into a Premiership player. I suspect though, he is destined to failure. If he was suitable as a forward thinking Premiership midfielder then he would have been playing at a lesser club than ours, one such as Hull - Oh yes, I forgot they got rid of him because he was useless.

Its only my opinion, and if you think its rubbish then fair play. I wont change that opinion until I see Andrews change into a player that makes the league sit up and say WOW, where did he come from ?

We dont have any pundits or managers saying how good Andrews was or is or can be in the future.

I have just watched the Villa/WBA game and even in a poor WBA side there is a lot more effort from their unknown midfielders than Andrews has mustered so far in a Rovers short.

And that says it all ;)

Archived