BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

Fair enough Den, I can't argue with the overall sentiment. But phrases like "people like you" are obviously going to ###### me off.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek Le Chuck. Just waiting for the first "bloody hell, listen who's talking" reply. :D [agree with the gist of your post though] - shhhh.......

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words cannot describe how poor this signing is. Oh well, naturally I will support the guy and hope he proves everyone wrong. He wont, but what the hell. I prey Ince doesnt give him preferential treatment and start him week in week out despite his lack of ability. I cant believe I have to watch this guy again..i celebrated when Hull city got rid and hoped he would stay in league 2 forever, unfortunately he is now playing for Premierleague rovers...what the hell?

I don't see the point of this signing. We have more central midfielders than we can shake a stick at and what the team is crying out for is a real creative force from the midfield. I'm sorry, but a guy who was playing in League 2 until last year is not going to solve this problem. I will support the guy and hope that he does well, but as someone has said already, it looks like jobs for the boys.

• Backroom

Obviously Ince has trained and spent time with the lad, and you'd think Ince would know what a player needs in order to make it in the premiership.

However, I can't help but think if Andrews was good enough for the premiership he would have been snapped up a while ago. He's 27, after all, hardly a youngster. He has it all to prove... but let's pray we'll all be pleasantly surprised. :o

All those who are dismissing this transfer as a joke/disgrace need to actually take a step back and look at the transfer for what it really is! It cannot backfire on Rovers, but could be the unveiling of a gem. At the end of the day, the lad is desperate to play for us and Ince, he's determined to make the most of his once-in-a-career opportunity and the transfer figure is hardly likely to impact on our ability to get other transfer targets.

I fully support this transfer as Ince obviously sees something in a player who plays in the position he is very well qualified to judge. God knows Souness and Hughes made a few suspect signings and most of them cost more than £750k and in some cases were coming from an entirely different country/football culture.

Good luck Keith :tu:

All those who are dismissing this transfer as a joke/disgrace need to actually take a step back and look at the transfer for what it really is! It cannot backfire on Rovers, but could be the unveiling of a gem. At the end of the day, the lad is desperate to play for us and Ince, he's determined to make the most of his once-in-a-career opportunity and the transfer figure is hardly likely to impact on our ability to get other transfer targets.

I fully support this transfer as Ince obviously sees something in a player who plays in the position he is very well qualified to judge. God knows Souness and Hughes made a few suspect signings and most of them cost more than £750k and in some cases were coming from an entirely different country/football culture.

Good post!

So Frisky Jim, (i know i`m going off topic here) seeing as you have remained silent on Ince`s good start,has your opinion slightly changed on his appointment or is it still doom and gloom for the sake of it? :D

I'm not surprised you haven't posted anything between the Everton game and the Andrews signing ...

Good post!

So Frisky Jim, (i know i`m going off topic here) seeing as you have remained silent on Ince`s good start,has your opinion slightly changed on his appointment or is it still doom and gloom for the sake of it? :D

My how giddy the both of you are. The Hull game was a fantastic success, was it not? Or are your standards so low that you were happy with such a meek performance? <_< Let's see how Ince does after a full season...

Back to the topic of the thread, this fella has been playing at Accrington Stanley's level. If you think that he's good enough for the Premier League, that's your problem.

My how giddy the both of you are. The Hull game was a fantastic success, was it not? Or are your standards so low that you were happy with such a meek performance? <_< Let's see how Ince does after a full season...

Back to the topic of the thread, this fella has been playing at Accrington Stanley's level. If you think that he's good enough for the Premier League, that's your problem.

No,giddy is what people do when they judge a manager without him even starting a league campaign. ;)

I completely agree, I think Andrews is a good signing, he is comfortable on the ball and he knows where the net is and for 750k it is a risk worth taking. Our midfield looked wooden last season but now we have got different options and competition for places.

So you were happy with the insipid Hull result?

Oh dear...

And you were not happy with the fantastic Everton result?

Oh dear. Is it nice being so poinlessly miserable. Judge him on resuts. He has one good one, one average to poor one. We can't assess him till at least eight games.

Not as happy as i was with the Everton result which was our first win at Goodison in how long.Bit odd you didn`t mention that? :rolleyes:

A welcome three points against an Everton team ravaged with injuries. Hardly going to Stamford Bridge and winning 5-0 is it?

Celebrating like we had won the Premier League against a team with injury probems is a bit small-time....

I think it was the manner of the victory rather than the scoreline.

In the first half especially that was the best I have seen Rovers play in YEARS. Fast, incisive passing against a top 5 side, injury ravaged they may have been but that starting 11 is not far off their best side.

You judged Ince BEFORE a ball was quicked, correct?

We have played three games, are undefeated, won two of those games, scored 8 goals, Roque has signed a new deal, we have an amazing Chilean playing for us, have purchased a proven midfielder in Grella and are playing attractive football, so much to be downhearted about... :rolleyes:

A welcome three points against an Everton team ravaged with injuries. Hardly going to Stamford Bridge and winning 5-0 is it?

Celebrating like we had won the Premier League against a team with injury probems is a bit small-time....

They were presumably celebrating because there had been so many rumours around and everyone was expecting them to fail. To them, regardless of the opposition it probably felt like they had won the league. My sns both went and to be honest from what they say it sounds like the whole crowd were celebrating like they'd won the league too.

Like the minority of people on here (seems like a minority given all the informed negative comments about him. Surely all those people have watched him for many years) I have never seen Keith Andrews play.

In the big scheme of things it's a small transfer fee, and if he turns out like the last division 4 midfielder we signed (Super Atko) I'll be more than happy. (technically MacKay signed him as a right back and Parkes converted him to midfield)

Fans whine about lower league englishmen never getting the chance and then when they do they write them off instantly <_<

I think it was the manner of the victory rather than the scoreline.

In the first half especially that was the best I have seen Rovers play in YEARS. Fast, incisive passing against a top 5 side, injury ravaged they may have been but that starting 11 is not far off their best side.

You judged Ince BEFORE a ball was quicked, correct?

We have played three games, are undefeated, won two of those games, scored 8 goals, Roque has signed a new deal, we have an amazing Chilean playing for us, have purchased a proven midfielder in Grella and are playing attractive football, so much to be downhearted about... :rolleyes:

I reckon Frisky is either a politician, or a salesman of some kind. Certainly a spin doctor par excellence!

Archived