BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

I think Andrews will be great, Ince has seen plenty of him and knows what he's getting. Some people on here have trust issues, Ince has a 100% win record in the league, cut him a bit of slack.

And Robbie Fowler might turn out to be good too.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko says that Andrews was at the game and is to sign soon.

Let's see what he's made of. He's a forward thinking midfielder and with our current paucity of creativity, maybe he will improve us.

Are you having a laugh ! or just showing blind faith and trust in our new manager hoping hes right.

I think as a football fan you have to start with faith and keep it until you are shown that it isn't well placed. So far Ince hasn't done anything wrong, so we have to believe that he's a good judge of midfielders and he obviously knows Andrews well.

I think as a football fan you have to start with faith and keep it until you are shown that it isn't well placed. So far Ince hasn't done anything wrong, so we have to believe that he's a good judge of midfielders and he obviously knows Andrews well.

The test is whether Andrews has the creative ability so sadly lacking at the moment. He might be a good steady up and downer, but that isn't what we need at the moment.

We will have to wait and see,

We will still have to wait and see if he signs at all by the looks of it.

Odd the deal hasn't been done if he was indeed up at the game on Saturday.

This is starting to remind me of Alan Partridge in the studio receiving updates through his headset

"Roger Moore is at Hammersmith flyover." :)

"What do you mean he's at Hammersmith flyover, he was there an hour ago!" :huh:

I'm in no way ecstatic about this signing but because I really don't know much at all about him - apart from the fact that he's just come off a good season - I'm prepared to believe that Ince knows what he's doing, having worked with the guy.

What makes me a little nervous are MK Dons fans who don't believe that he's Premier League quality and actually don't think they'll miss him that much. Sour grapes? Or realistic assessment?

For anyone suicidal about the news, just remember that Robbie Savage is currently mucking out at Derby and looking distinctly average in doing so. Sav was a useful player for us, despite his lack of talent. Maybe ANdrews, despite being no star, will bring a new element to the team that will render him beneficial to the side.

We can hope.

The test is whether Andrews has the creative ability so sadly lacking at the moment. He might be a good steady up and downer, but that isn't what we need at the moment.

I'm undecided about Andrews, but I can't agree that Rovers don't need a 'steady up and downer' in the centre of the park. Mokoena, Reid, and Tugay all share the same problem; a lack of mobility (and talent in the cases of Mokoena and Reid). Emerton is our best bet for a defensive midfielder if one can't be brought in.

On a related note, does anyone know what's happened to Vogel?

We will have to wait and see if Andrews signs but talking to Hull fans before the game on Saturday they cannot believe any premiership club is trying to sign a player who could not get in their team when he was there.

Some players though do seem to become better if a particular manager gets hold of them and give them confidence. Examples in the past include David Platt[when he went to Villa], Geoff Thomas[at Palace] and even Super Atko.

Rovers need goals from midfield. At present we have no midfielders who attack the box, arriving late and get into positions to score. All our midfield goals seem to be 25 yard wonder goals.

I have never seen Andrews play but from the descriptions I've heard he seems to be a 'box to box' player and maybe is the type of player that Ince feels can get into the box and get on the end of crosses from the wings, like Super Atko did. Not much skill, contributed little in open play but had an uncanny knack of scoring goals.

I'm in no way ecstatic about this signing but because I really don't know much at all about him - apart from the fact that he's just come off a good season - I'm prepared to believe that Ince knows what he's doing, having worked with the guy.

What makes me a little nervous are MK Dons fans who don't believe that he's Premier League quality and actually don't think they'll miss him that much. Sour grapes? Or realistic assessment?

For anyone suicidal about the news, just remember that Robbie Savage is currently mucking out at Derby and looking distinctly average in doing so. Sav was a useful player for us, despite his lack of talent. Maybe ANdrews, despite being no star, will bring a new element to the team that will render him beneficial to the side.

We can hope.

Hold on, when we signed Savage he was not only an international, but an international captain who happened to follow one of his bosses and had many seasons of premiership experience behind him. Now after a broken leg and ageing all the best years seem to be behind him.

Comparing Sav with Keith Andrews what have you got, yes, he seems to following his boss, but what proven high level experience has he got,nothing like what Robbie Savage had. Both are incomparable.

We can hope.

have had same views as jan on the toulets and now rover6,time for a lie down.

I made friends in rhodes with a family who watched mk last season and they said hes a good lower league player but no way a prem player and his words were if we stiff you out of more than 100k then he would be laughing his head off.I aint commenting has i have not seen him .

Super Atko contributed more in open play then people like to give him credit far. All the blinked abuse he got still exists today with nobody wanting to be wrong about him. If Andrews is anything like Atko and has half his engine then he'll be a decent signing

Sorry if I appeared to be criticising Super Atko. Nothing further from what I meant.

I agree he did contribitute to open play and the criticism he reeived from certain Rovers fans was digraceful.

He kept things simple and did that very well and when King Ken dropped him for title run-in, it nearly cost us the title

The point I was trying to make was that a player need not be 'Super Skilled' to be effective. Many box to box type of players are not very skilful but are effective.

Heres to Andrews being just as effective as Atko

So who is this guy better than? Moko and Tugay? And only cos Tugay is 974 years old.

Im a bit confused where he is going to fit in. Currently to get a game he is going to need Dunn and maybe Carlos to be unavailable, plus Reid be out of contention.

I can understand him as squad depth, but for that to be valid we need to offload a couple of players....

If I was Reid I would be very woerried right now.

This one by any chance Bryan?

KeithAndrews_564657.jpg

He looks like the carnies who turn up with their crap fair every summer back home.

If this wasn't a family site I'd be really tempted to Photoshop that picture.

this one is even better

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_4060678,00.html

doesnt look like he has enough skin for his face.

super super keith, super super keith, super super keith, super keithy andrews. we've got andrews weve got andrews.

Nicko, i think in the past you said when we do eventually bring in Andrews we will bring in a higher profile player at the same time to divert the attention to this. I know we signed grella, but that aint high profile, could we be bringing in a second player today as well?

Archived