BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

I think it is a matter of what dont we have?

We needed a player who could play in the 'hole'- Carlos

We need a player who can play both defensive and attacking midfield- Andrews, I think Ince is buying a variety of players to suit the needs of the club.

At £500K I am not going to complain and the chances are this signing will be a relative success and I would rather Andrews than £5 million for Castillo who has never played in the English league.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having seen the lack of anything from our CM following Dunn's exit on saturday, I hope he has something about him to get attacks going. Otherwise we could be pinning all our hopes on Villanueva doing everything on the pitch.

Im a bit confused where he is going to fit in. Currently to get a game he is going to need Dunn and maybe Carlos to be unavailable, plus Reid be out of contention.

I can understand him as squad depth, but for that to be valid we need to offload a couple of players....

If I was Reid I would be very woerried right now.

Yes I can also see a couple of players leaving maybe Jan if not definitely next summer.

I'm told he's a box to box player, so can really only see his benefit in a central 3 where we will have our holder Grella and our hole player being supported by Andrews, running back and forth as needed. I'm kind of hoping that this signing will give Reid a rocket to get back to the form he showed before his new contract. He has looked a little short of himself, but then again he has been played all over the place and rarely in the central role.

PS my spellchecker comes up with Gorilla for Grella, quality, exactly what we need protecting our defence. :lol:

Having seen the lack of anything from our CM following Dunn's exit on saturday, I hope he has something about him to get attacks going. Otherwise we could be pinning all our hopes on Villanueva doing everything on the pitch.

That is of course subject to us not signing a pacy right winger with a bit of flair.

Ince's last 2 signings better not be Andrews and Fowler... I would be totally downhearted if it was...

SWP signs for Man City on a 4-year deal... :rolleyes: Meanwhile were after Keith Andrews... :lol:

And I bet Andrews (a CM) is a better crosser than SWP.

I wonder if Hughes this signing or somebody else at the club

Btw I must be the only one on here who's willing to reserve judgment on Andrews until he's actually been on the pitch for us.

I know what you mean, I can't believe the out cry from people on this site, its not like Ince has come out and said Andrews is going to be a regular in the side. I don't recall all this hysteria when hughes signed berner, hencoz and rigter as squad members but then again some people don't belive that hughes could have bought a bad player.

Well if he can pick a pass he will join only Dunn, Cruz, Carlos, Tugay and possibly Grella as a player who can. We have a team packed full of atheletes but not much imagination as the Hull game showed. Maybe he can supply a little bit of that.

Not holding my breath, but for 500k you can't be too worried. I wonder why his singing was held up? I had a really strong feeling we were looking at Ireland as an alternative to Andrews as opposed to a right wing option...

Btw I must be the only one on here who's willing to reserve judgment on Andrews until he's actually been on the pitch for us.

I'll go further than that and say I'll trust Ince on this one - he was, after all, one of the best midfielders in the world in his day, so I suspect he knows much more about the position than a few bods on here who don't seem to be happy based on Andrews' previous club's standing.

"Ohhh, we can't sign him, he played for a division 2 side" :rolleyes:

Grow up and get behind our player. If after time he turns out to be a bad signing, then have a moan.

What does that prove? Lennon made the England squaad as well and he cant cross to save his life. Grow up a bit and give Andrews a chance. Make a judgement once you have actually seen him play a few games.

Just going by the facts.

Keith Andrews: 0 Caps for Ireland

Aaron Lennon: 9 Caps for England 0 Goals

SWP: 19 Caps for England 4 Goals

Don't get me wrong, im willing to give Andrews a chance. Im sure he will do a good job. But he isn't a right midfielder.

We really do need a right midfielder before the window closes if we expect to provide Santa Cruz with the service he had last season.

I'll go further than that and say I'll trust Ince on this one - he was, after all, one of the best midfielders in the world in his day, so I suspect he knows much more about the position than a few bods on here who don't seem to be happy based on Andrews' previous club's standing.

"Ohhh, we can't sign him, he played for a division 2 side" :rolleyes:

Grow up and get behind our player. If after time he turns out to be a bad signing, then have a moan.

I agree that we should at least await to see him play first, however everyone is entitled to there own opinion, and you have to respect that,this is a democratic messageboard after all, no body has the right to dictate to anyone. Obviously people are a little concerened that Ince is perhaps paying back an old mate a favour, as we are not lacking in centre mids, however lets just await and see, he cud be a revilation.

So what if Andrews is coming from MK Dons?

Mark Atkins was signed from Scunthorpe. He wasn't blessed with huge amounts of skill, but he gave his heart and soul every time he played for Rovers. And won a PL medal in the process.

Andrews is only going to be back up, give the guy a chance before you slate him.

I agree that we should at least await to see him play first, however everyone is entitled to there own opinion, and you have to respect that,this is a democratic messageboard after all, no body has the right to dictate to anyone. Obviously people are a little concerened that Ince is perhaps paying back an old mate a favour, as we are not lacking in centre mids, however lets just await and see, he cud be a revilation.

We're lacking in quality centre mids though. Reid and Mokoena are pants and Tugay is past it.

We're lacking in quality centre mids though. Reid and Mokoena are pants and Tugay is past it.

Fair point but can he really be a quality midfielder if he is in his late 20's and playing in league 2/league 1?? I have to be honest and say he probably isnt. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

I remember King Kenny signing the likes of Nicky Marker and Andy Morrisson. Never gonna be 1st choice but always there if needed. Lets hope this guy is better than those 2 anyway!

I'm very underwhelmed by this signing but if we have to have one of them I would take Andrews who I think will be useless than Fowler who I know is useless. Stuffed if I know where he fits into the team though. Must be Ince's good luck charm. A rabbit's foot would be cheaper! :P

Archived