BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hope there is no old mates plan here and that Andrews is given more time than others - fair chance and all that im all for, but dont play him if he is as poor as the league he is coming from.

Still think we are missing a quality midfielder. Oh well!

I don't see him making a big impact and it will probably be a waste of money, but if it is under a million then it is worth the gamble if Ince thinks he is good enough. Ince should know central midfielders and also knows this players well, so have to trust him. Had the fee been around the 2 million that was being mentioned then I would have been totally against it, but if it doesn't work out at this price then it isn't a huge loss.

£500k down the drain IMO but i suppose he is another body in the squad. We really should be looking at CMs that will come into the first team and take the places of Dunn, etc.

It would have to be Patrick Vieira at his peak coming in the way Dunn played on Saturday!

I'm unsure about Andrews, but can't understand why we have left it until now to actually sign him.

He's going to take a while to adjust to the pace and skill of the Prem League as well as playing with players who are a lot better than him.

If it was a certainty, why didn't we get him in for pre-season so he could gel with the other players at Rovers??

If Dunn's injured then what? Only Reid left as a box to box midfielder. 500k is nothing (12 weeks of Benni's salary) for a squad player. There is probably a quesion mark on all our centre midfielders except Dunn so I guess we need midfielders.

if we get him for 500k, i'll be delighted.

Ince clearly rates this guy very very highly and believes he can add something to our team/squad.

His opinion is all that counts.

I just hope that if we do get him, all the detractors will at least give the guy a chance before burning him at the stake after a pass goes astray...

Not with me matey.... my opinion counts most to me. If he does land I'll give my opinion after I've seen him.

signing keith andrews isnt all doom and gloom-paul ince knows him-maybe people should trust his judgement-ok he isnt the signing we all want-the "top central midfielder" but shouldnt we judge him when his career hasnt started at blackburn yet..

That's not how it goes though is it Moz. We all have an opinion on the game no matter who we sign and, based on what we know, there's no way on this Earth that Andrews can be good enough for our first team.

However, the manager has to be left to manage and maybe we'll be proved wrong.

That's not how it goes though is it Moz. We all have an opinion on the game no matter who we sign and, based on what we know, there's no way on this Earth that Andrews can be good enough for our first team.

However, the manager has to be left to manage and maybe we'll be proved wrong.

we took a chance on jon stead who was playing in league 1 or league 2 and he basically saved us from relagation on his own..

andrews could possibly turn out to be like tim cahill..i aint going to judge him until he plays for blackburn..

It would have to be Patrick Vieira at his peak coming in the way Dunn played on Saturday!

So you wouldn't replace him with Elano, Arteta, Benayoun, Parker, Sidwell, most of spurs midfield players(they have so many), the list could go on.

Dunn played well and i hope he can keep it up but his injury record speak for itself.

we took a chance on jon stead who was playing in league 1 or league 2 and he basically saved us from relagation on his own..

andrews could possibly turn out to be like tim cahill..i aint going to judge him until he plays for blackburn..

Not wanting to nitpick Moz but those two had youth on their side. There's no potential in Andrews now, he's probably as good as he'll ever be.

But like I said, you've got to let the manager manage.

Andrews won't improve our midfield. I'm sad Ince thinks he will improve us.

My initial concerns were over the fee. But it seems the £2m fee previously mentioned was wide of the mark.

£500k doesn't damage the budget. The further £800k will only be paid if things go well, so it's not all bad news.

I'm not sure what Andrews has that isn't in our midfield already.

After winning at Everton nobody will complain too much about this signing. Nicko was right. Andrews is coming in on the quiet.

Hopefully Ince will bring in a couple of stars in the next couple of days and Andrews will slide in unnoticed.

I just don't understand the point of this at all. The fee makes me a little bit more comfortable than I was, but it's still not a great signing - Fowler and a League One 28 year old hardly scream 'ambition', do they?

If we simply needed bodies in the middle I'd understand, but we don't; Dunn, Mokoena, Vogel, Tugay, Reid, Emerton...we've got the numbers, we need quality. If we go back and sign Annan or someone else exciting then it should be okay, but we need to get rid of one of the others (probably Vogel if pre-season is anything to go by).

Hughes always stated that he would not sign 'squad' players. His intention appeared to be to improve the team, not the squad. Ince is doing the complete opposite. :blink:

I'd be interested to know the salary that Andrews has been on and the one that he's coming for. There should be little difference for this first season.

I'd be interested to know the salary that he's been on and the one that he's coming for. There should be little difference for this first season.

Yes that would be very interesting to know.

Another one of Ince's buddies getting a payday - He says tongue in cheek.

Not with me matey.... my opinion counts most to me. If he does land I'll give my opinion after I've seen him.

Hmm..you sure about that? Ince?

Anyway, Andrews could be a decnet player and could make the Axe better his performances as he has competition. We all know The Axe is capable of a good performance (Everton) so maybe the extra competition may mean him performing better.

Archived