BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly Ince is working on a very limited budget and hence his determination to bring in a player he knows. We won't know if he is up to the job until he starts to play against Premier League opposition. But with the likes of SWP well beyond our means this type of signing, together with promoting some of the youngsters, is obviously the way forward for the Rovers in present circumstances. I suspect that a backup goalkeeper would be next on the list of priorities and that might be the only other addition before the window closes unless we can recoup some money from selling Benni!

To the tune of 'Meet the Flintstones' (The Flintstones theme tune)...

Andrews! Keithy Andrews!

We have signed him from Division 3.

From the town of Dublin,

He will go down in our history.

Let's ride in his jag down nuttall street.

Through the courtesy of Keith's two feet.

When you're with Keith Andrews

you'll have a yabba dabba doo time.

A dabba doo time.

You'll have a gay old time.

So what if Andrews is coming from MK Dons?

Mark Atkins was signed from Scunthorpe. He wasn't blessed with huge amounts of skill, but he gave his heart and soul every time he played for Rovers. And won a PL medal in the process.

Irrelevant, the game was completely different then. Almost every PL team had a British midfield, some (if not most) of whom had been in lower divisions at some point.

Today's game is so much different it's unreal, almost every team boasts internationals in the midfield...even the Hulls and the Stokes. To make the transition now will require an almost unprecedented leap in divisions at that age.

The best way for Ince to answer any critics over this is to sign a terrific right sided player and give us something to be excited about instead.

I really hope Andrews turns out to be a player, the amount of stick hes been getting befroe hes even played for us is unbelievable. Seem to remember John Stead beeing a "lower div" player, he didnt do too badly for us.

He was a promising youngster, not a 27 year old lower league journeyman who couldn't hack it at Wolves still Ince knows best eh? :wacko:

He was a promising youngster, not a 27 year old lower league journeyman who couldn't hack it at Wolves still Ince knows best eh? :wacko:

Time will tell if Ince knows best.

All I know is Ince knows him better than me so I will reserve judgement.

Ince and Andrews are staff of Blackburn Rovers and as Rovers fans they need our support!

All I know is Ince knows him better than me so I will reserve judgement.

But does he know better than the countless scouts, coaches and managers who will have seen him over the past decade or so and decided he wasn't good enough for Premiership/Championship football?

If he does, and has seen something in Andrews that every else has missed, then I'll take my hat off to him. You have to admit though, it's incredibly unlikely, my guess is he'll make a few disappointing appearances before stepping down to the Championship next summer.

Now please Paul Ince, sign a brilliant winger so we can stop talking about Keith Andrews and be excited for a change.

The best way for Ince to answer any critics over this is to sign a terrific right sided player and give us something to be excited about instead.

The thing is, he's answered so many critics in the last 2 weeks that actually he doesn't have to answer to anyone right now.

Rewind the messageboard 2 weeks and 95% of the critics have been silenced, quite rightly, by performances on the pitch and good news off it.

People like you wanted us all to believe that our best players were leaving, Ince and his team couldn't coach a PL side and the camp was riven by disharmony.

Actually, the coaching is producing great football and results, RSC has signed a new deal and the media (and plenty of fans) have been made to look daft by the great vibes coming out of Brockhall and Ewood.

So the best thing for Ince (and Andrews for that matter) to do is sod any remaining critics and get on with what he's doing.

Why some people need "big name" signings to get excited about supporting the club I just don't know. Have a look at what's happening on the pitch and enjoy it!!

Actually, the coaching is producing great football and results, RSC has signed a new deal and the media (and plenty of fans) have been made to look daft by the great vibes coming out of Brockhall and Ewood.

So the best thing for Ince (and Andrews for that matter) to do is sod any remaining critics and get on with what he's doing.

Why some people need "big name" signings to get excited about supporting the club I just don't know. Have a look at what's happening on the pitch and enjoy it!!

Were you at the same Hull game as me?

I think he should be given a chance. If he turns out to be crap, then we slate him. Personally I wish more clubs would take the risk of lower league players. I hope he turns out to be a top buy & lets face it, he is going to have to work hard for his place, plenty of competition for midfield now.

Have to give him a chance but I almost spit my coffee out when I saw the photo on the official site. At first glance he looks like either a withered old man or a Paul Whitehouse Fast Show character. Maybe it's the grandad pullover he's got on. "Jumpers for goal-posts" :D

Edit: just spit my coffee out. "BMX-ramp hairstyle" - cheers Bryan. :lol::lol:

The thing is, he's answered so many critics in the last 2 weeks that actually he doesn't have to answer to anyone right now.

Rewind the messageboard 2 weeks and 95% of the critics have been silenced, quite rightly, by performances on the pitch and good news off it.

People like you wanted us all to believe that our best players were leaving, Ince and his team couldn't coach a PL side and the camp was riven by disharmony.

It is a bit early to be coming out with statements like that. Remember the Brian Kidd era and he got manager of the month in his first month! We then never won a game again or so it seemed.

But I agree the signs are good that we are going to get football that is entertaining. You do not need big name stars if the overall team gels as a unit and Ince obviously sees Andrews as someone who can help to achieve this

I'm not being funny Tris, but a win against an Everton side crippled by injuries and backroom unrest, a dull home draw against newly promoted Hull and a win over a League Two side hardly prove a thing. I didn't (and still don't) expect us to instantly crumble, there are far too many good players currently here to do that. What worries me is that as they gradually leave (as happens in football) Ince won't adequately replace them - something Hughes was terrific at.

I never said 'big name' by the way, they are your words. Someone adequate would be nice though, because we made the mistake of not replacing Duff when he left and it took us quite a while to recover.

Ince will live or die on how he does in the transfer market, the good results won't come if he can't bring in the right players. He's done nothing yet to suggest he'll be a success in that department, and that's what will determine the success of his reign, not how the first few games go.

Fair enough Den, I can't argue with the overall sentiment. But phrases like "people like you" are obviously going to ###### me off.

Edit: Also, I found it very odd that my most was pulled up, because it certainly wasn't the most negative here. In fact, it wasn't meant to be negative at all, the idea was to get excited about what might come and not concentrate on a £500k squad player.

Archived