BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what your point is there D-Baiter. In general I've defended the Axe against other Board members, because he does some thins well. And he has played well in spells in the holding role. However, and I've yet to read anyone with a different opinion on this, there's a good reason why Hughes and Ince have tried to sign a holding player. don't you think?

Would love to be proved wrong though.

Hi Paul

Equally, there's good reasons why Ince or Hughes haven't signed a holding player too - though not for minute suggesting it's because Moko has made them change their mind! :mellow:

Point being we'd all like an out-and-out water carrier 'defensive midfielder' - then again most sides would, they've become quite fashionable these days. That, coupled with Moko being more of a 'fit in' player than really a first teamer (though he did fit in well whilst Savage was out I admit), makes it an obvious assumption that Moko will miss out if we sign said defensive midfielder. However, it's a balance - IF Ince doesn't get his man lined up, and IF Moko can raise his game, who knows what the future will bring?

Nicko - thanks for the updates, as ever. Let's hope Ince is finally getting his feet under the table on the scouting/agent front & building some good relationships therein.

Do you think the club will sell Benedict? They do seem to be doing well in recouping money - would you say it's more a case of them not wanting to sell him or simply they'd like to sell & trying to milk Sunderland for all they can? Sunderland seem to have paid big money in the past for players - 5 mill for Chopra, season after he'd moved for 500k, 9 mill for Gordon etc, even the Spurs rejects - so hopefully they will push the boat for Benedict.

Appiah sounds too good to be true, but no doubt Rovers fans will get their hopes up, thereby adding more negativity to the Andrews deal if it comes off. Can just see it now - ex-Juventus, Ghana captain, big target for lots of clubs - or someone that wasn't even in the MK Dons side yesterday. Can't help wondering why he's been such a long-term target for Pompey yet Harry, with all his erm, strengths, hasn't managed to erm, tempt him? Must be a reason - wages?

APPIAH - No idea, but he has been available before and no-one wanted him. Interesting thought on a free.

ANDREWS - Not happy that MK Dons want to so much for him. The comments by the chairman and the manager suggest he wants out. My source insists this will happen sooner or later.

APPIAH - No idea, but he has been available before and no-one wanted him. Interesting thought on a free.

ANDREWS - Not happy that MK Dons want to so much for him. The comments by the chairman and the manager suggest he wants out. My source insists this will happen sooner or later.

nicko,

Are MK Dons fairly well off?

My guess is he won't be signing a new contract if he doesn't move on so holding out for 2 million or so when he is in the last season of his contract seems madness surely?

You'd think in league 1 with £2 million they could bring in 4 or 5 quality signings.

Is there any more news on Berbatov? Pretty sure RFW is just playing a few mind games by watching the game yesterday but still hoping he doesn't put in a bid for RSC. Still think there is half a chance it could have been Yakubu he was looking at anyway. Be interesting to see what surprise he is talking about anyway.

PS:

Don't think many would have had a bet on Ooijer to get the winner yesterday ;)

I mentioned Appiah's name last week but think it just got ignored. Could this be the player that Nicko said we looked at who was in dispute with his club? Oh well if its not but we had better start looking as he would be a quality signing, especially on a free could be an absolute bargain. We probably have the money to pay wages without a transfer fee so go get him Ince.

nicko,

Are MK Dons fairly well off? EVERY CLUB LOOKS FOR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM A SALE...

My guess is he won't be signing a new contract if he doesn't move on so holding out for 2 million or so when he is in the last season of his contract seems madness surely? SEE ABOVE...

You'd think in league 1 with £2 million they could bring in 4 or 5 quality signings. MAYBE ONE OR TWO...BUT HE IS THEIR SKIPPER.

Is there any more news on Berbatov? Pretty sure RFW is just playing a few mind games by watching the game yesterday but still hoping he doesn't put in a bid for RSC. Still think there is half a chance it could have been Yakubu he was looking at anyway. Be interesting to see what surprise he is talking about anyway. FERGIE WAS AT THE WIND-UP YESTERDAY...LAST SUNDAY IT WAS HENRY, TODAY IT'S ROQUE...IT WILL END UP BEING BERBATOV.

PS:

Don't think many would have had a bet on Ooijer to get the winner yesterday ;) MY LAST SCORER BET WAS A NON-RUNNER...WEE CARLOS NEVER GOT ON THE PITCH.

Sorry, having a rather slow day today!

Who was the Hungarian winger??

This is the Sunday People story...only 90p in most good newsagents... :lol:

Blackburn boss Paul Ince is looking at Hungary's answer to David Beckham - teenage winger Andras Gosztonyi. The 17-year-old has spent the past week on trial at Rovers after being brought in by new chief scout Barry Whitbread and he could be offered a deal. Gosztonyi plays for MTK Budapest and already represents his country at under-19 level, a big step-up for the youngster. He is desperate to come to England and may be offered a deal.

What is Barry Whitbreads background?

Whitbread was at Liverpool where he was a scout with special interest in the youth team.

He was a famed non-league footballer with Altrincham among others.

I believe he has been all round Europe in the past few weeks. We will soon find out if he knows a player. He does seem to be a worker.

This is the Sunday People story...only 90p in most good newsagents... :lol:

Blackburn boss Paul Ince is looking at Hungary's answer to David Beckham - teenage winger Andras Gosztonyi. The 17-year-old has spent the past week on trial at Rovers after being brought in by new chief scout Barry Whitbread and he could be offered a deal. Gosztonyi plays for MTK Budapest and already represents his country at under-19 level, a big step-up for the youngster. He is desperate to come to England and may be offered a deal.

Well at 17 if he shows a few signs of potential then why not, I presume it would only be a nominal fee perhaps with add ons if he ever plays first team football.

In the mirror nicko it says Freddie Ljunberg has received offers from Villa, Everton and Blackburn, any truth to this or is it the same old 'more than 2 teams linked meaning its probably agent chat' ?

In the mirror nicko it says Freddie Ljunberg has received offers from Villa, Everton and Blackburn, any truth to this or is it the same old 'more than 2 teams linked meaning its probably agent chat' ?

I thought I read that he was packing in entirely...sounds like a good idea too if you saw him last season.

Archived