BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

GREAT WEEKEND - Rovers win, Spurs lose and City get hammered.

Hope RSC stays as he is a class act.

Warnock is replaceable when MGP does so much running and covering for him. There are many decent left-backs around. I would like someone a little taller if he goes.

Robinson could have been a zero yesterday after that rush of madness towards the end of the game. What was he thinking?

Hope to see a couple of signings soon. The OZ links seem to be getting stronger and stronger.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently Silvestre is available for only £750k - surely Newcastle would be better taking that option than having to pay us £7m+

Also according to this Grella is set to sign Grella

Grella is going to sign Grella? :lol:

Ah well, as long as we dont have to pay that 3.5 million! :lol::rolleyes:

Apparently Silvestre is available for only £750k - surely Newcastle would be better taking that option than having to pay us £7m+

Also according to this Grella is set to sign Grella

Goal.com is almost as reliable as Tribal Football. I'm sure they had Adebayor as signed for Milan over the summer as well as numerous other false stories.

Just out of interest, Nicko, who was the absentee you mentioned pre-match? Any clues on why Vogel wasn't included at all, was he injured or just overlooked? We had a really strong bench, showed once again why we need to make few and impressive signings and not squad players.

Two news that interest us:

MK Dons signed Flavien Belson on loan from Metz. He is a midfielder.

Appiah "want to go back to Italy"

Someone mentioned Moussa Dembele. It seems the big teams in Italy are watching him.

All news in www.calciomercato.com

Yep saw that...I dont think a win can "justify" signing Fowler, Andrews and a 35 year old journeyman keeper from the lower leagues. Can it?

I dont think we are short of NUMBERS in any department. But we definitely are short of quality. And can anyone seriously suggest that the above type of player will increase the quality of our side? No way.

This morning's papers:

THE SUN

* Paul Ince claims attempts were made to wreck his Premier League managerial career.

* Robbie Fowler will complete his return to the Premier League by signing a short-term contract with Blackburn today.

DAILY MIRROR

* Blackburn boss Paul Ince will make a new bid this week to take his old MK Dons skipper Keith Andrews to Ewood Park.

DAILY STAR

* Fernando Torres' late strike for Liverpool will serve to redouble Sunderland manager Roy Keane's efforts to sign Blackburn's Benni McCarthy.

DAILY MAIL

* Sunderland are ready to raise their bid for Benni McCarthy nearer to the £9million figure Blackburn are demanding for the South African.

I agree.

We need 1-2 quality players who will go straight into the side.

I also agree. We have the squad players for injuries and suspensions but we need 1-2 players who will improve the quality in the starting XI.

But we also know how hard it can be to find those exact players and how much they would cost. I think it is a smart move to wait out a lot of clubs and probably try to snatch them right before 1st of September.

We will be able to get another 3 points against Hull next Saturday with the squad we have now.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is targeting Argentine left-back Juan Pablo Sorin, who has been released by Hamburg. (The Sun)

Surely perfect if Warnock was to leave????

Also one of the papers states that Sunderland will come back and offer closer to the £9m we are demanding for Benny. To be honest £9m is too much to turn down for him at his age. Replace him with Cisse or a younger version.

of course. the squad is good. but in order to improve we do need one or two QUALITY players. fowler may be good for derbs. keith i dont have a clue on. but the keeper?? if we are going to buy some 35 year old lower league chap, then we could as well have tied friedel to the club and had him as no.2. :(

of course. the squad is good. but in order to improve we do need one or two QUALITY players. fowler may be good for derbs. keith i dont have a clue on. but the keeper?? if we are going to buy some 35 year old lower league chap, then we could as well have tied friedel to the club and had him as no.2. :(

Let's avoid discussing transfers(Gueret) from unreliable sources, untill nicko can add some validity to it. On back of a good win I want to avoid spending time reading what seems to be total irrelevant speculation.

IF we get £9m for Benni I say sell. IF Roberts is going to continue his form AND improve his finishing after advices from Fowler, he will be a huge asset this year !

Everyone keeps saying how great our strikers are going to be now that Fowler is here to teach them? Given this, why haven't we signed him as a coach rather than a player?

Maybe Fowler is signed as player-coach.

I think that would be a shrewd move. Warnock talked about how well Robbie was with the youngsters in Liverpool and a natural striker as Robbie would be awesome to give advices about movement and finishing.

. And can anyone seriously suggest that the above type of player will increase the quality of our side? No way.

i trust ince who has played centre mid for man u, inter milan liverpool and england, to be able to tell whether a centre midfielder is good enough to improve our team.

can anyone seriously suggest they have seen him play? if not - get over yourself and wait until you have and back the manager.

pathetic.

Archived