BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Cant see Barca letting Etoo go now. Any team that sells someone now will be severely weakened, especially Champions League teams.

Who will United sign if they dont get Berbatov?

Who will Spurs sign if they let go of him and forget Arshavin...

I am almost certain a bid or two will arrive for Santa Cruz BUT I am not sure how we will respond if one of them tops 20 million pounds, which is very possible if either of those two teams decide to bid...

But who would we spend the money on? That's why we won't sell

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko: Is it true that Fredrik Ljungberg has been offered a contract by Rovers?

According to premiershiplatest.com

Have you all not heard that the exit door is slammed!

"I do not want to keep saying this, but nobody is going to be leaving the club.

"We want to keep our best players, be it Santa Cruz, Warnock or McCarthy and any one of a dozen players.

"Let's dispel all this. No-one is leaving the club, we have had a really good start in this game.

(quoting Ince)

There is just no way in the world that is happening...if he was there it could only to watch his mate Brad make his debut.

Rovers won't be selling unless the money is ridiculous -and Villa don't have that much cash.

I don't agree with that Nicko, Didn't their director say MON wanted a player, their chairman would back him. Even though RSC won't be going anywhere. Glad City lost today. Weekend couldn't be any better, we beat Everton and Hughes gets off to a great start.

You'd have to take £20m for Santa Cruz. I'll get slated for this, and I can thoroughly understand why, but I don't think Roque is technically as gifted as we make out and I think he could still get 'found out' this year.

The other concern being he is surely due an injury!

Who cares if he is technically gifted. He scores goals regularly, thats all i care about and why we should NOT sell him! <_<

The call was from a city fan at the game so it aint made up shyte ossy dave.

I dont think Rovers are selling him either, its too late to get an adequate replacement.

As for RSC being found out, well he found out Lescott yesterday and wiped the floor with him. A good goal scorer always scores and RSC fits the bill.

You'd have to take £20m for Santa Cruz. I'll get slated for this, and I can thoroughly understand why, but I don't think Roque is technically as gifted as we make out and I think he could still get 'found out' this year.

If Mark Hughes was still the manager I'd have to agree - every time he sold a player he brought in some one of at least equal quality, usually for less money as well.

Ince still scares the crap out of me in the transfer market, and will continue to do so until I see Keith Andrews lining up for MK Dons on September the 1st and two quality midfielders added to our ranks. I wouldn't trust him to replace Santa Cruz adequately at all.

The other concern being he is surely due an injury!

Think most people would have to accept that a bid of £20million + for Santa Cruz and we would let him go, even at this late stage of the season. Must disagree with you about Roque' s technical ability but given his injury record, it would be a poor decision to keep him.

Nicko- is this accurate?:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=822894

It states that Grella is about to: "finalise his deal with Blackburn Rovers and sign his new contract with the Premiership club"

Is there an 11 pm update?

I think the story links four clubs with the player. Golden rule in those cases - ignore.

Torino want a sale, he is in the shop window in midweek, start an auction.

Still sounds expensive to me.

And I don't think there's enough happening for an 11 o'clocker.

Think most people would have to accept that a bid of £20million + for Santa Cruz and we would let him go, even at this late stage of the season. Must disagree with you about Roque' s technical ability but given his injury record, it would be a poor decision to keep him.

I wouldn't accept £20 million. What’s the point of selling a player if you can't find a replacement?

Let’s face it if we sold Roque even for £20 million its more likely than not we would struggle to find a replacement. The money wouldn't be the main issue; the main problem would be trying to attract a player of his calibre to the club. Having an inexperienced manager will have a huge impact as well when trying to bring players to the club.

Then there is the issue about how much money Ince would get from the Roque sale if it happened. It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t get even half of it, whether that’s due to the trust wanting their slice or the chairman not trusting Ince to spend it.

From a PR perspective as well, Ince has gone on record saying no one else, especially Roque and Stephen will be sold. If we end up selling it make Ince look a liar and will not go down well with the fans who have witnessed one of the most stressful times in recent memory, especially as we have lost two of our key players recently.

I just can’t see Roque being sold.

I wouldn't accept £20 million. What’s the point of selling a player if you can't find a replacement?

Let’s face it if we sold Roque even for £20 million its more likely than not we would struggle to find a replacement. The money wouldn't be the main issue; the main problem would be trying to attract a player of his calibre to the club. Having an inexperienced manager will have a huge impact as well when trying to bring players to the club.

Then there is the issue about how much money Ince would get from the Roque sale if it happened. It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t get even half of it, whether that’s due to the trust wanting their slice or the chairman not trusting Ince to spend it.

From a PR perspective as well, Ince has gone on record saying no one else, especially Roque and Stephen will be sold. If we end up selling it make Ince look a liar and will not go down well with the fans who have witnessed one of the most stressful times in recent memory, especially as we have lost two of our key players recently.

I just can’t see Roque being sold.

Selling Roque would be suicide!

After an amazing start we can kick on from this!

If we sell him it will put us all on (another) downer and back to square one!

Shut the Door with a sign on it sayin F*** Off! :D

Rovers have no need of any more money- probably don't even have an overdraft any longer.

What is the point of getting £20m+ for RSC whenwe couldn't spend it any way?

I think we should follow City's lead of doing a transfer bid publicity stunt and offer £13m for Alonso.

Rovers have no need of any more money- probably don't even have an overdraft any longer.

What is the point of getting £20m+ for RSC whenwe couldn't spend it any way?

I think we should follow City's lead of doing a transfer bid publicity stunt and offer £13m for Alonso.

It'd probably get accepted :P then we will be screwed when Moko keeps him

out of the team! :lol:

Just been told there's a STRONG possibility that Moyes will be ending up at Old Trafford, as Fergies number 2.

Can see this happening to be honest

You can? I can't think of an example of any Premiership manager (especially at a club as big as Everton) moving somewhere to be number two. Usually assistants, even at clubs as big as Man Utd, jump at the earliest chance of a half decent managerial role (Kidd, McClaren etc.).

The only possible way I can see this happening is if Moyes is absolutely guaranteed (i.e. a watertight contract) to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson when he retires. That seems very, very unlikely though.

I think the story links four clubs with the player. Golden rule in those cases - ignore.

Torino want a sale, he is in the shop window in midweek, start an auction.

Still sounds expensive to me.

And I don't think there's enough happening for an 11 o'clocker.

It actually just links him to us (and Fulham previously), when it mentions Chievo and Lazio at the bottom it means they want another player (Pinzi), who is mentioned on another subject in the paragraph above.

You can? I can't think of an example of any Premiership manager (especially at a club as big as Everton) moving somewhere to be number two. Usually assistants, even at clubs as big as Man Utd, jump at the earliest chance of a half decent managerial role (Kidd, McClaren etc.).

The only possible way I can see this happening is if Moyes is absolutely guaranteed (i.e. a watertight contract) to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson when he retires. That seems very, very unlikely though.

I rem Moyes was being quietly talked about as a valid contender for the OT job when he first went to Everton. RFW has not retired at the age most thought he would then so the vacancy has never materialised. Moyes obviously needed to prove himself in the Prem and Everton was a great platform. He's very matey with Ferguson but the only drawback now is that the Glazers are in charge now and any decision would be down to them. BUT Moyes might see the No 2 job a perfect launch pad given that the old RFW must be getting close to packing in soon. I imagine that he'll prob try for 25 years in charge before standing down.

I rem Moyes was being quietly talked about as a valid contender for the OT job when he first went to Everton. RFW has not retired at the age most thought he would then so the vacancy has never materialised. Moyes obviously needed to prove himself in the Prem and Everton was a great platform. He's very matey with Ferguson but the only drawback now is that the Glazers are in charge now and any decision would be down to them. BUT Moyes might see the No 2 job a perfect launch pad given that the old RFW must be getting close to packing in soon. I imagine that he'll prob try for 25 years in charge before standing down.

RFW?

Rio Ferninand W*nk3r?

I know Nicko said there prob wouldnt be an 11 o'clocker

But, Any info on Santa Cruz and Warnock?Think its essential

they there both here come september 1st! Ince has said no ones leaving but

in the end....................money talks!

Archived