BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just telling you what's happened.

But you seem to have a problem with that.

Anyway, keep it up.

Ouch, you are in a grouchy mood today.

Don't have any problem with it at all, I just sensed a distinct lack of enthusiasm permeating forth from your keyboard and was poking a bit of fun.

As for "what's happened" unless there has been a distinct change of view from the manager having assessed the squad, there's nothing happening with Andrews, I've been telling you that for weeks - but you keep that one up as well.

I have a very large "humble pie" on order if we end up signing him!.

:unsure:

Edited: Double post.

Nicko, it's being reported that Spurs have ruled out a move for Arshavin. With Berbatov looking extremely likely to be leaving as well as Keane, do you think we should start to be worried by any Spurs interest in Santa Cruz?

As an aside, do you know if there's any truth in Bullard to Everton?

Nicko, it's being reported that Spurs have ruled out a move for Arshavin. With Berbatov looking extremely likely to be leaving as well as Keane, do you think we should start to be worried by any Spurs interest in Santa Cruz?

As an aside, do you know if there's any truth in Bullard to Everton?

For God's sake I wish people would just start trusting Ince. He has said several times (including again today in the LET) that RSC will NOT be leaving Ewood Park and Santa Cruz is on record saying he's happy to stay.

Besides why would he want to leave a top 4 team for one battling relegation :P

For God's sake I wish people would just start trusting Ince. He has said several times (including again today in the LET) that RSC will NOT be leaving Ewood Park and Santa Cruz is on record saying he's happy to stay.

Besides why would he want to leave a top 4 team for one battling relegation :P

The same reason Bentley wanted to!

Whilst I do trust Ince (although he did tell fibs over the Robinson signing) and I agree Roque has said on numerous occasions he's going nowhere, football is definitely a funny business and nothing is set in stone until that transfer window closes. As such I was interested on Nicko's thoughts.

In fairness though I'm obviously hoping Nicko is gonna say Roque's likely going nowhere!

Although with the Robinson thing, you could say, at the time, he had intended to try and persuade Friedel to stay, so he wasn't interested in getting Robinson, hence what he said after the Macclesfield game. Friedel moving to Villa changed all that. But at least we made sure that we got him in before letting Brad go.

Nicko... hope you havent booked your holiday yet... looks like an extra day for you. :lol:

1640: The Premier League have confirmed that the first transfer deadline of the season will be extended to midnight on September 1. The window is usually scheduled to close 24 hours earlier but has been put back because August 31 falls on a Sunday, following normal league guidelines.

Although with the Robinson thing, you could say, at the time, he had intended to try and persuade Friedel to stay, so he wasn't interested in getting Robinson, hence what he said after the Macclesfield game. Friedel moving to Villa changed all that. But at least we made sure that we got him in before letting Brad go.

It's a nice way of looking at it, however it was weird that nicko managed to predict the whole scenario before hand.

Either Nicko should get a little hut on Blackpool's front or Incey was telling fibs.

I was unaware that Roque was a boyhood Spurs fan and wanted to improve his chances of playing for England... :o

Bentley was not either.(unless he is a perpetual liar)

Man U as a kid.

Taken from his diary, on Icon's web site.

Favourite player

I'm a Manchester United fan. My dad originally got me watching them and the way they played. Eric Cantona was there at the time - I loved him, him and Gazza.

I was unaware that Roque was a boyhood Spurs fan and wanted to improve his chances of playing for England... :o

Nah - Bentley went because he wanted to play Champion's League football remember :D

It wouldn't surprise me with that liar if he was never even a boyhood fan of Spurs!

Bentley was not either.(unless he is a perpetual liar)

Man U as a kid.

Taken from his diary, on Icon's web site.

Favourite player

I'm a Manchester United fan. My dad originally got me watching them and the way they played. Eric Cantona was there at the time - I loved him, him and Gazza.

There we go.

It's a nice way of looking at it, however it was weird that nicko managed to predict the whole scenario before hand.

Either Nicko should get a little hut on Blackpool's front or Incey was telling fibs.

I don't accept that. Why would Ince talk up Friedel if he knew he was going and hence would need to replace him? Maybe he feared that outcome but it was not resolved.

Think most people would have to accept that a bid of £20million + for Santa Cruz and we would let him go, even at this late stage of the season. Must disagree with you about Roque' s technical ability but given his injury record, it would be a poor decision to keep him.

Not a chance mate, he's worth more to us than 20 million,forget it...THE NO SALE SIGNS ARE UP!

Archived