BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'news' is this:

JOAQUIN - Rovers are watching him and that is one of the tales in the morning. I don't think they have bid and the price seems high. But they are looking and there is a chance. Sounds like Valencia want to cash in. The chief scout has watched his last two games...that is not a coincidence. I believe they went to watch Zigic and Newcastle, saw this guy and went to the game with Real Madrid on Sunday. That sounds like an interest to me, but probably not a bid already.

IVICA OLIC - Chief scout Barry Whitbread went to see Hamburg at Bayern. I believe it was to watch the Croatian striker. He is available and good. Obviously that would be if someone left...like Benni. Sunderland are not at £9 million yet, but not far off.

I'm sure there will some whingers who see this as negative in some way.

In which case, consult your therapist.

Nicko will be reading all this, and laughing his head off at us. :lol:

Or will he, only seems to be team talk running up to now, so have they picked it up from our board, and the spanish translation. :unsure:

Or is the signing Nicko was predicting to overshadow, Andrews & Fowler signing.

Only problem is that this is now out in the open and could spark a reaction from Liverpool or Aston Villa who both need right wingers too. If it was true I would have hoped our club would have kept it quiet like they have managed other times.

Beware Man City.

Only problem is that this is now out in the open and could spark a reaction from Liverpool or Aston Villa who both need right wingers too. If it was true I would have hoped our club would have kept it quiet like they have managed other times.

Let me catch my breath!these 2 are amazing............i mean actually amazing! :blink:

I'll pick benni up now! Taxi all the way to Sunderland!

If something was to happen Nicko would it be quick(obviously you cant say for

sure but in your opinion?)

Joaquin would be great.

Olic? Not sure why we'd lose Benni, a player who we at least know can do it in this league, and then replace him with someone not all that bit younger who is far from a sure thing and sure to cost a decent amount.

Still, good news.

Not if it's a done deal as of tomorrow

I have got to stress these are players being watched...significant...but not sure there have been bids yet...in fact, unlikely at this stage.

Both are top players.

Nicko is it true that rovers are looking to offer roque santa cruz a new contract

Not heard that, but it would be a shrewd move.

Thanks Nicko! Suddenly we've gone from Andrews and Gueret to two top class international players. Olic would be the perfect partner to Roque, and anyway give us something different with his pace, stamina and all-action play. Thought I saw that was supposed to be the quickest player in the Euro.

Joaquin sounds like something that could only happen on Football Manager. A bit like Man City and Ronaldinho. But man what a signing he would've been. Suddenly somebody with genuine pace.

I don't think these signings are likely to happen, but how more exiting it is than the Andrews saga.

I have got to stress these are players being watched...significant...but not sure there have been bids yet...in fact, unlikely at this stage.

Both are top players.

Not heard that, but it would be a shrewd move.

Ive calmed down now!

There not going to happen are they? :angry:

Dont get me wrong "i would love it" but things like this just

dont happen in little Blackburn!

olic is ridiculously fast, no way in the world spuds would'nt be in ahead of us along with probably 5 other prem clubs and a silly amount of foreign clubs. Too good to be realistic................who were newcastle after zigic or jouquin? Seriously, anyone care to speculate the possibility of pulling even 1 of these off i'll go 15% probability. (Benni=£9m)=world gone mad!!!!!!!!!!

Archived