BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Is it possible that Joaquin and Zigic have the same agent. Or could it be that the cash strapped club have looked at media reports about Benni departing and Bentley having gone, and have figured if they made it so the 2 players in question are linked with us, then maybe other clubs might pop in with a bid sooner rather then later...

9.5 million seems a bit steep for a player who hasnt exactly been on blistering form for the last few seasons though... Having said that, its better then the 16 million sum in the papers?! :rolleyes::lol:

Oh and with regards to the K.Jones swap for Benni idea. No thanks! Once a player has a knee injury of the sort he has sustained, it will pop up every now and then till the end of his career. Think Michael Owen and J.Bullard...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sliding scale swap: Benni for Kenwyne Jones. It depends on the number of matches that Jones plays in. Jones plays in no games, Rovers get 3mil. Jones plays in 19 matches, Rovers get 1.5mil. For every match that Jones misses due to his current injury, Rovers receive approximately 78,947 pounds. If Jones plays in 20 or more matches then no cash will change hands.

At the end of the day Jones is better then Benni but, we need to recoup something if Jones doesn't play until next year.

Of course Keane probably wouldn't have any of this deal. Of course this deal may be out of whack with Rovers getting the best of it.

OK found this:

Click here :-Spanish newspaper

Look halfway down - a reference to Joaquin and rovers. Through an online translator:

The leader kept awake that the economic improvement that has been agreed to with the agent of Villa supposes “a controlled effort, moderate and within the economic possibilities of the club”. The vice-president congratulated itself by the fact to obtain that Silva and Villa remain in the club. “The main objective was to maintain these players and to recover to whom they were”, indicated. Go'mez also was asked for the future of other players. The vice-president advanced that tomorrow they have predicted a meeting with the agent of Joaquin, “although at the moment there is nothing” clarified on a supposed supply of the Blackburn.

wow. although i dont think it will happen.. IF we could get Joaquin i will be very very happy and probably wont give bentley another thought for a good while.

and ince can sneak in as many andrewses he wants if this goes through.

He did cost Valencia 25 million euros a couple of seasons back. 9.5 million is a snip for a player of his calibre.

Im not doubting he is being valued at a price that is cheap for a player of his caliber. All im saying is, splashing near enough 10 million on one player who is in his late 20's is a hell of a risk...

Having said that also, Andy Cole... :lol: So what do i know!

Im not doubting he is being valued at a price that is cheap for a player of his caliber. All im saying is, splashing near enough 10 million on one player who is in his late 20's is a hell of a risk...

Having said that also, Andy Cole... :lol: So what do i know!

He turned 27 a few weeks ago. He has at least another 5 top flight years left in him :huh:

Anyway, the Lancashire Telegraph reported that Sunderland had already bid 9m for McCarthy. Did we hear if this actually happened or not?

I find it difficult to believe that an offer on that scale was rejected. Also, what's the price on Pavulychenko?

Age and fee aside, this smells, nay reeks of Javi De Pedro mkII :rolleyes:

Good for club and country a couple of years ago.. Gone quiet since.

Edit: Re: Joaquin in case that was unclear..

And by the way, I find it hard to believe Sunderland have bid for Benni. At £5 mill or more I think we would have snapped their hands of. Let's face it, he's never going to come close to his debut season in terms of goals.

Anyway, the Lancashire Telegraph reported that Sunderland had already bid 9m for McCarthy. Did we hear if this actually happened or not?

I find it difficult to believe that an offer on that scale was rejected. Also, what's the price on Pavulychenko?

Think Pavlyuchenko was being branded about at 19million, but of course that was straight after

he had a stormer at the Euros!

Age and fee aside, this smells, nay reeks of Javi De Pedro mkII :rolleyes:

Good for club and country a couple of years ago.. Gone quiet since.

Edit: Re: Joaquin in case that was unclear..

:o:lol:

with rovers record of getting players back on track, dont you think this one would be absolutely smashing after a few months? who would you rather have? pennant, lennon or joaquin? i would even take him over bentley.

:o:lol:

with rovers record of getting players back on track, dont you think this one would be absolutely smashing after a few months? who would you rather have? pennant, lennon or joaquin? i would even take him over bentley.

Blackburn Rehabilitation Football Club. :D

Sign Joaquin the Amazing winger :lol:

Archived