BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the left back at the top of the Newcastle United shopping list...they won't pay big enough cash to make Warnock happen.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

By the way, to say Rovers 'admit' that Warnock is leaving is pretty ludicrous. That is and will be a battlezone.

Where is the Rovers 'admit' Warnock is leaving feature in the story?

Oh well...If we sign a top quality right winger, and add Andrews, I wouldnt be too fussed anymore. We cant fight it. I cant see how he will improve our side, but what can we do...

Nicko anything Rovers related on right winger, Benni, or any other possibilities?

More important is that we add a top quality central midfielder. People saw yesterday how much of an influence Arteta had on the game once he was in a central position, it is hard for a wide player to really run the show. At the moment we have central midfielders capable of being sidemen to a great player in order to form a great partnership, but no one who can really play the main role. I'm not against signing Andrews, but I don't think he will be THAT good even if he turns out to be a good signing. Two central midfielders and a right midfielder please.

Still think we need that holding midfielder though! We have the attacking presence in Carlos and Dunny, now we need someone who can sit in midfield, take the ball away from the opposition and pass it about the park...

Right midfielder is also essential and a further right-back couldnt hurt either...

GAME - Excellent performance, the big players stood up, thought Roque was superb, many others starred. Still have to say two midfielders are needed. Big boost for the manager...he can sign Fowler and Andrews now and nobody could complain. It's a funny old game. If Baxter scores Robinson gets hammered, then Ooijer nicks it. Deserved it overall.

FERGIE - Master of the wind-up...watch Roque and let everyone know you are there...just in case Tottenham want to push up the Berbatov price. On that form they are equally good. So if he does try it on ask for £25 million. Why not?

TOTTENHAM - Cost me a grand. Like a mug I did them in a five-fold, the other Championship selections all came in. Bentley played LEFT WING!

BURNLEY - Less said the better.

SUNDAY PEOPLE - Some good tales, but nothing Rovers-related.

so santa cruz to man u or spurs....i really pray that doesn't happen!!!!

Its laughable isn't it,how many times have they to be told he is not leaving? :blink:

Hey, OT for a mo, did you see the other pic of Dixie Dingle in the LET other night (story about policing costs) - it was the one where he tipped the copper's helmet (oooh err).

Nicko - last week you made a few references when talking of Rovers to 'saving it for Sunday People', or hinting if things went pear-shaped there was a potential story. What happened to it, was it a case of 'hang fire' due to a good result yesterday, or have things moved on/changed again?

Although the Axe did well yesterday I can't see how he's the long-term answer in that position.

So you'd prefer someone not to do well in that position? I think the majority of us would prefer someone else in that position - based purely on Moko's performances over past couple of season - although who's to say he won't have some kind of 'conversion' like Brett and improve, improve, improve? Always a chance, Reid too. Hell, If Ince can get Reid & Moko playing like that, and he thinks Andrews will be a good addition, I'm all for it.

Fantastic result yesterday - but it's gone now, what's more important is keeping the momentum up for the next game and not doing Rovers' usual trick of dropping their game & underestimating the tiddler sides.

Not sure what your point is there D-Baiter. In general I've defended the Axe against other Board members, because he does some thins well. And he has played well in spells in the holding role. However, and I've yet to read anyone with a different opinion on this, there's a good reason why Hughes and Ince have tried to sign a holding player. don't you think?

Would love to be proved wrong though.

Nicko - last week you made a few references when talking of Rovers to 'saving it for Sunday People', or hinting if things went pear-shaped there was a potential story. What happened to it, was it a case of 'hang fire' due to a good result yesterday, or have things moved on/changed again?

I was saving the Hungarian winger tale for the People...it scraped in.

Was also hoping to get names of the current targets - and expecting an Andrews development.

I think the Andrews development is now moving.

Appiah exits Fenerbahce

Ghana captain Stephen Appiah has left Fenerbahce after falling out with the club and says he is now a free agent.

Appiah has had a running dispute with the Champions League quarter finalists over claims by the player that the club’s doctors did a wrong diagnosis on his injury and their fury over his attendance of the 2008 Nations Cup when he was injured.

Now the player says he and the club have officially parted ways.

“Now I am a free agent,” he told Happy FM in Accra.

“A few issues happened between me and the club so I no longer play for them.”

Appiah has not played since November 2007 because a life threatening injury but says he feels good about his return.

He insists however that he has no idea where he will be playing his club football in the coming season despite reports linking him with a return to his former club Brescia or Portsmouth in the English Premiership.

“Those stories about me and Brecia are not true. My personal trainer works with Brescia and I did a lot of work with him there during the off season so maybe that is where the rumours are from.

“But there a few offers I am studying even though I am not in a hurry. I want to make the right choice. At the end of it all the most important thing is that wherever I end up, I will give it my absolute all,” he said.

Nicko heard there are 2 English clubs after him...........I know Pompay are 1 but are Rovers the other?.........This is the player for Ince for the Holding midfeilder role..........

Anyone who saw The Championship on ITV and heard Peter Winkelman and Roberto di Matteo on the 'no show' by Keith Andrews may agree with me that the guy is obviously leaving...

Watch this space.

Has Andrews refused to play for MK Dons to force his transfer through? If he has it's not right and we'de hate it if it was done to us.

Nicko heard there are 2 English clubs after him...........I know Pompay are 1 but are Rovers the other?.........This is the player for Ince for the Holding midfeilder role..........

Appiah on a free...what a signing that would be.

Archived