BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Been busy, so havn't had chance to check back, sorry...

but, are Rovers still interested in Konchesky?

I was at Hull City Vs Fulham yesterday... in the second half, bar-one Gera chance, Fulham were chasing shadows... Konchesky not even doing that!

first half he was one of their better players, second half... along with Pantsil, probably the worst.

it didn't show you in the highlights, but similar to how he lost the ball to Fagan for Hull's winner, he got caught out a few other times by Fagan, Folan, Geovanni and Garcia in the 2nd half... he looked really slow and clueless.

Oh and to whoever is doing the preview Vs Hull City, considering I support both, but get to more Hull City matches, I'd be happy to answer a few questions for it :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been busy, so havn't had chance to check back, sorry...

but, are Rovers still interested in Konchesky?

I was at Hull City Vs Fulham yesterday... in the second half, bar-one Gera chance, Fulham were chasing shadows... Konchesky not even doing that!

first half he was one of their better players, second half... along with Pantsil, probably the worst.

it didn't show you in the highlights, but similar to how he lost the ball to Fagan for Hull's winner, he got caught out a few other times by Fagan, Folan, Geovanni and Garcia in the 2nd half... he looked really slow and clueless.

Oh and to whoever is doing the preview Vs Hull City, considering I support both, but get to more Hull City matches, I'd be happy to answer a few questions for it :)

You support two teams?

Why would RSC be there before a fee had been agreed? If we were to sell we would surely go public with the fact that we had accepted a HUGE offer before we let RSC go anywhere. If he were to be at Villa Park without our knowing then Villa would be in trouble. Can't see it myself.

Just had a call from a City fan who says the rumour around Villa was that RSC was at their game and that Villa are close to clinching a deal.

Nicko, any truth in this or is it still the bad rumour mill going around ?

There is just no way in the world that is happening...if he was there it could only to watch his mate Brad make his debut.

Rovers won't be selling unless the money is ridiculous -and Villa don't have that much cash.

You support two teams?

When you're in primary school, the Prem is a newborn baby... and your local team is in Division 3... a primary school kid is very unlikely to support a Div 3 side when every other kid at school supports a Prem team (it was usually Man Utd, Liverpool or TWS).

My dad said one day, pick a team in the Prem and I'll buy you a kit (this was about 94 and I didn't really know much about any teams and had only really heard of TWS, Man Utd, Liverpool and Notts Forest from the Prem)... the shop keeper reeled of names and Blackburn Rovers popped out... I was like, Yep! thats the one! ...followed Rovers all these years, get to games when I can, but it's a fair treck and a lot of money.

Hull City being the local team and a cold day at Boothferry Park being my first ever match, along with going to Hull City soccer school every summer (were we got a free ticket at the end to go watch City play) and the sentimental value of going to games with my dad... once I had some money of my own and being an all-round football fan, I started going to games at the KC Stadium, after my dad took me to it's opening game against Sunderland. Money + live football + local team = games.

A lot of people support a Prem team and their local team... it just so happened that my local team also became a Prem team.

Just had a call from a City fan who says the rumour around Villa was that RSC was at their game and that Villa are close to clinching a deal.

Nicko, any truth in this or is it still the bad rumour mill going around ?

Why bother making this @#/? up?

Too much danger lurking with United and Spurs looking for at least one striker each. If United get Berbatov then Spurs will need to sign at least one striker IF not two and I believe they can afford to offer 20 million pounds. That will test our boards resolve. Im feeling nervous. A sick part of me wouldnt mind Roque getting injured for a few weeks or so... :(

A sick part of me wouldnt mind Roque getting injured for a few weeks or so... :(

Be careful what you wish for!

So we can't sell him if he is injured neither can we play him!

Surely it would be better to wish for him not going - which he and Paul Ince have both said!

We can't spend every transfer window wanting our best players to be injured so that we can't sell them.

with only a number of days left of the window there is no way we can sell santa now. now way. spurs have known about the berba problem all summer. for sure they have a replacement (or two) lined up. if they want santa thay should have moved for him with the keane cash.

Why bother making this @#/? up?

That is grossly unfair.

ttiar has given the same explanation previously.

I remember the kids of the owner of the Chinese restaurant in Goring-on-Thames becoming Rovers fans about the same time because they had to chose a shirt for Christmas and I happened to say how smart the blue and white halves were- they were still supporting after Shearer left.

Unlike Hull City, Goring Robbins have not yet made it to the EPL though.

Back to RSC, he would have been en route to an airport to get a flight to Switzerland this afternoon to join the Paraguay squad.

Ashton is another mentioned, and from what I've heard from Spurs fans they would rather have Ashton than Santa Cruz. Hopefully his two goals (one of them was a stunner by the way) will persuade Spurs to move for him instead of Roque.

This could come back to haunt me...but I don't believe there is any threat from Man Utd, I believe they have other targets in mind.

Cant see Barca letting Etoo go now. Any team that sells someone now will be severely weakened, especially Champions League teams.

Who will United sign if they dont get Berbatov?

Who will Spurs sign if they let go of him and forget Arshavin...

I am almost certain a bid or two will arrive for Santa Cruz BUT I am not sure how we will respond if one of them tops 20 million pounds, which is very possible if either of those two teams decide to bid...

Archived