BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Preview

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 1-1 draw.

Only listened to it so those who were at the game will have to comment more fully, but it sounded like once Dunn went off we ran out of ideas which is a bit predictable. Also harsh on Roberts to be substitiuted when he sounded like one of our best players.

Against clubs like this who come and defend in depth you need creative players to unlock them. Dunn and Cruz are our only genuine creative players (Reid, Pedersen, Mokoena, Roberts - who sounded excellent - and Emerton are all workers) and once Dunn went off we juat didn't have too many ideas. Tugay sits very deep and its hard for him to hit hollywood passes from there when Hull pack their half.

I wonder why Villaneuva was't on the bench? Sounds like he could have been useful in the second half. Injured? COul have got into their third and and buzzed around....

And a stupid goal to give away.

4 points from 2 games is decent though. Lets not forget that.

Hmmm..........bit of deja vu. Same old disappointing stuff at home. I was REALLY looking forward to this game too. We miss Bentley big time. However, Hull are no mugs. I think they will do OK this year. I think Robinson did well, no fault on the goal. Roque was very ordinary.

Please can somebody shed some light on Dunn's injury? I feel he will be a massive loss and I'm really worried that it's a hamstring injury which means he could be out for a long time.

Seconded. If Dunn is out we have problems if Villanueva is not read to step up to central midfield....

:rolleyes:

Here are the facts about Robinson:

His form deteriorated into horrendous at Spurs, and they dropped him out of their starting line up.

He made several massive mistakes for England and was to blame more than any other player for failing to qualify for Euro08.

I do not see how any of this warrants any positive feelings towards him.

Here are some facts

1. You are supposed to be a Blackburn fan

2. Paul Robinson now plays for Blackburn

Any normal supporter would at least give him a chance to see if he can reach his old form, he has done nothing while at the club to deserve all this negative criticism. What about players like RSC, Bentley, Samba, Bellamy among many others, we've helped to rejuvinate a lot of their careers, no reason why we can't do the same with Robinson.

The fact he is a Blackburn player should be enough reasons to have positive feelings about him!

As for today's goal, wait until you see it, Buffon, Casillas, none of them would have any chance with it, it looped over him and drifted into the corner hitting the post on the way in.

Well at least quite a few of the other results went our way.. :)

Stoke 3-2 Aston Villa

Tottenham 1-2 Sunderland

Well it does mean we are second in the league..

I just hope that the scouts where of watching a couple of spanish games though lol

Hopefully this result will show Ince that he needs to splash some cash on a creative midfielder. I would have taken 4 points from our first two games, but I thought that our win would have come from this game. I'm disappointed that we didn't win, as this would have been a great start to the season. I wouldn't be so disappointed if we had drawn last week and won today, instead of it being the other way around. More quality needs to be added to the team, if we are to do better this year. At the same time, it's good to see Spurs losing. Not the start that Bentley imagined at his new super club.

The ball spent more time in the air second half I thought Allardyce had sneaked into the dressing room at half time.

The second half was very poor and on this showing Blackburn Rovers CANNOT AFFORD TO SIGN ANDREWS AND FOWLER, Rovers need better players than these two thats the standard demanded.

An abysmal performance characterised by a total lack of creativity from both sides and a long ball game from Rovers that Wimbledon in their pomp would have been proud of. Hull deserved their point at least after going behind to a goal that looked offside.

Positives: We have 1 more point now than this morning. Spurs lost. Negatives: We only have 1 more point now than this morning. Burnley drew.

What have we found out today.

1. Ooijer is not a right-back. Too easily drawn into the centre (eg the goal) and hopeless going forward.

2. Pedersen is ineffective at best and ideally needs replacing.

3. Reid cannot play on right-mid.

4. The Axe is shyte.

5. Dunn is injury prone

6. Our attacking is like pulling teeth.

THESE ARE ALL THINGS WE KNEW THIS TIME LAST SEASON.

Robbo. Did OK, his long kicks are a weapon but used too often. 7.5/10

Ooijer. Struggled all game. 4.5/10

Warnock. Brutally assaulted several times by the thug King who another ref would have had off the park before HT. Best bet to get a decent cross in. 7.5/10

Samba. Did OK but would like to have seen him forward more. 7/10

Nelsen. Had a difficult afternoon but coped well enough. 7/10

Reid. Totally anonymous in the first half on the right. Ineffective in the middle after HT. 4.5/10

Dunn. Best player on the pitch by miles. We lost our only creativity at HT. 8/10

Mokoena. Awful. 2/10

Pedersen. Completely ineffective in all aspects of the game. Hull nearly scored from his first 2 corners. 1/10

Roberts. Constant threat, fed only on scraps and deserved his goal. 8/10

Santa. Like Roberts without the strength. 7/10

Emerton. Legs moved fast, ball didn't. 5.5/10

Tugay. Even he couldn't brighten a dull game. 5/10

Benni. Pointless sub. 5/10

Champage moment: Samba getting the ball over the Jack Walker roof with a mighty clearance.

So, Simpson needs to be given a go at RB. We need creative midfielders desperately on left and right. We also need cover for Dunn.

Where was Chicken Pox man?

Please can somebody shed some light on Dunn's injury? I feel he will be a massive loss and I'm really worried that it's a hamstring injury which means he could be out for a long time.

He got a kick just above his achilles.

Archived