BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Preview

Similar comments to most people.

The atmosphere went completely flat (in the home end) as soon as everyone realised Dunn had gone off.

Last year we were awful to watch at home, we were reliant on a bit of magic from Bentley or Santa Cruz. This year we are still awful and don't have Bentley to create something.

We are crying out for a genuine right winger, centre midfieldier with flair and a ball winner that can pass forward. Dunny is looking much better than last season, but won't stay injury free. As much as I like the sound of Villenueva, he is unproven and where was he today?

Someone also needs to tell Samba et al that we don't want to watch the tactic of pass back to Robinson so he can oof it up field for 90 minutes. Especially when the 2 centrebacks were about 6ft 4.

Credit to Hull, but we are never going to create enough against teams that pack the defence with th side that played today.

Also Benni Mcdonald, get rid. He is becoming a joke. Interesting to see that Cisse scored on his debut for Sunderland.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think

I haven't seen any of the Everton game, but the media reports and real excitment from fans on here means it must have been very good. Either Hull are better than Everton or the team simply lacked the motivation to perform. I suspect once again the side thought Hull would be ready to roll over and this would be a stroll on the park. It wasn't, we weren't ready to try and win and fans have been let down.

The first half we were very good today, as we were at Everton. Had we gone in two goals infront nobody would have complained. Then Dunn went off injured. Now I'm not saying Dunn is the second coming of Gazza but he was doing a job that nobody else can do. If Carlos can do this then fine. If not then Ince maybe now is realising his needs addressing. It's not fair though to say that the team lacked motivation. We dominated posession for far longer periods in the first half today than we did at Everton. The midfield needs some creation in my eyes.

If this is the standard of performance we can expect from the side it's going to be a long, long season.

Let's be honest. It was no worse a performance than some of those we saw last year under Hughes. On the evidence of the first two weekends this season may be as long, long as last was. Ince hasnt had 36 months to change things yet.

I am not saying that Andrews is the answer but he is known to have an excellent engine and is a box to box midfield player, it will be interesting to see what he can do for Rovers- we have missed a Sav type character in our team IMO.

What a load of tripe that is.

Ince had 1 hour with the players yesterday. No preparation time for the game. Roque played 90 mins for Paraguay and had a very long journey. Must have got back on Friday. After watching the Everton game last week there is real sense of determination and I'm very confident that given the time with his squad Incey will get us the right results. there is no-one to blame for this result other than stupid pointless friendlies. It affected us and if you were at the game today you would've noticed quite a few of our players were very lathargic and gave away the ball. Ince can't do much if he has only 1 HOUR with his squad prior to a PL game!

Would you care to point out where I have blamed Ince? According to you one good performance at Everton proves there is plenty to come from this squad! I'm saying we've all been watching the same players for a lot more than one game and we know in the main we don't produce excting football on a regular basis. Your point of a real sense of determination suggests Hughes was therefore at fault for not instilling the same determination. Again I think the majority would agree Hughes did a very good job for Rovers.

To go on following your logic Ince should not have picked RSC for one and given McCarthy 90 minutes to prove his value to the side. You can't have it both ways. I am not criticising the manager, I'm saying we don't have any creativity inn the squad and this needs addressing.

Hasta - yes you're right lacking motivation may be unfair but lacking creativity is not.

So McCarthy himself has admitted he doesn't deserve to start. And now we are admitting he's not really the kind of player to come off the bench. Take the £4mill+ for god sake.

No, McCarthy said that Roberts did very well against Everton and that no one can argue with Santa Cruz starting. I'm sure that if you spoke to Benni in private he would say that he deserves to be starting along with Roque, he was simply being a good team-mate.

1. Ooijer is not a right back but has played well there on ocassion- Simpson will probably play there at some point in the next 6 games. (Ince has only seen Ooijer play there ONCE in a competitive game so he will soon work this out).

Yes he has had a couple of decent games but still isn't a right-back

2. Pedersen has played THREE games in the last SEVEN days, as has Reid, RSC and The Axe, could this explain their poor performances today, I think so. Pedersen has been ineffective for far too long...i'm losing patience now

3. Reid played really well against Everton at right mid and poor today, lets see how he does after half a dozen games.OK fair enough, but Dunny wasn't happy with him on a few occasions today

4. The Axe was superb against Everton, The Axed PLAYED shyte would be appropriate. He is only any good playing as a DM away against decent teams. Totally wasted player today. You would be happy for him to be playing against us right?

5. He came off after 45 minutes today, can you tell me how many games he has missed for us since he joined us? (dont let facts get in the way of perpetuating a myth) He's missed 14 out of 58 EPL games, of those some he wasn't deemed fit to start, some unfit to finish.

6. We have scored 4 goals in two games, just think if out attack "is like pulling teeth" now, how great could we be? It is hard work though

McCarthy said that Roberts did very well against Everton and that no one can argue with Santa Cruz starting. I'm sure that if you spoke to Benni in private he would say that he deserves to be starting along with Roque, he was simply being a good team-mate.

In which case he is mistaken. He has done nothing for over 12 months and in no way deserves to be starting infront of Roberts IMO.

Would you care to point out where I have blamed Ince? According to you one good performance at Everton proves there is plenty to come from this squad! I'm saying is we've all been watching the same players for a lot more than one game and we know in the main we don't produce excting football on a regular basis. Your point of a real sense of determination suggests Hughes was therefore at fault for not instilling the same determination. Again I think the majority wuld agree Hughes did a very good job fr Rovers.

To go on following your logic Ince should not have picked RSC for one and given McCarthy 90 minutes to prove his value to the side. You can't have it both ways. I am not criticising the manager, I'm saying we don't have any creativity inn the squad and this needs addressing.

Well obviously after that performance against Everton, we know what the team are capable of doing. That is playing exciting, quick passing football. Which we didn't see under Sparky. Ince need to be given more time with his squad and his Post match analysis was pretty much spot on for me. Very honest.

1. Ooijer is not a right back but has played well there on ocassion- Simpson will probably play there at some point in the next 6 games. (Ince has only seen Ooijer play there ONCE in a competitive game so he will soon work this out).

Yes he has had a couple of decent games but still isn't a right-back

AS STATED ABOVE, I AGREE WITH YOU BUT INCE NEEDS TIME TO WORK THIS OUT FOR HIMSELF.

2. Pedersen has played THREE games in the last SEVEN days, as has Reid, RSC and The Axe, could this explain their poor performances today, I think so. Pedersen has been ineffective for far too long...i'm losing patience now

LAST SEASON WAS A TOUGH ONE FOR HIM, I AM WILLING TO GIVE MGP A DOZEN GAMES BEFORE I CONDEMN HIM.

3. Reid played really well against Everton at right mid and poor today, lets see how he does after half a dozen games.OK fair enough, but Dunny wasn't happy with him on a few occasions today

BEEN INJURED FOR MORE THAN A YEAR AND NOW PLAYED 3 GAMES IN 7 DAYS, WE WONT SEE THE BEST OF REID FOR AT LEAST A DOZEN GAMES YET.

4. The Axe was superb against Everton, The Axed PLAYED shyte would be appropriate. He is only any good playing as a DM away against decent teams. Totally wasted player today. You would be happy for him to be playing against us right?

FOR THE TIME BEING HE WILL HAVE TO DO, UNTIL WE SIGN A DM (WHICH INCE IS GOING TO DO), THE QUESTION YOU WANT TO ASK IS SHOULD BE SELL HIM, ANSWER NO!! HE IS A GOOD SQUAD PLAYER.

5. He came off after 45 minutes today, can you tell me how many games he has missed for us since he joined us? (dont let facts get in the way of perpetuating a myth) He's missed 14 out of 58 EPL games, of those some he wasn't deemed fit to start, some unfit to finish.

SO HE HAS PLAYED IN 75% OF GAMES HE COULD HAVE PLAYED IN- HE WAS OUT FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS WITH CAREER THREATENING INJURIES (OH HE SHOULD BE FIT FOR SATURDAY SO WILL HAVE PLAYED IN ALL OF OUR GAMES SO FAR!!)

6. We have scored 4 goals in two games, just think if out attack "is like pulling teeth" now, how great could we be? It is hard work though

STILL AVERAGING TWO GOALS A GAME, MISSING BENTLEY TOO.

hawaii he has long gone as he didnt want to play with us anymore. Big gob got his move and we got a lot of money for him.

If he had been playing for us today he wouldnt have faired much better IMO, he would have been kicked out the game.##

Get over your Bentley loss, after all, in a few weeks time we will be calling him not fot to burn when and if he lines up against us.

I am not saying that Andrews is the answer but he is known to have an excellent engine and is a box to box midfield player, it will be interesting to see what he can do for Rovers- we have missed a Sav type character in our team IMO.

Imy, for the record, I agree with you, he can do no worse than what we have and will have a better engine than any of them!

That flipping M6 - Made it to the game at 10 past 3 with the journey taking over 3 hours. Got back from the game excluding a stop in an hour and a half

Glad I went to the game today and although I am disappointed with the score if someone had offered me a win and a draw a few weeks ago I would have snatched their hand off. But having beaten Everton with a really good display I was disappointed not to have got all three points today. Not that I think that we deserve them Hull came to do a job and did it well.

Something about Rovers is that we rarely (was going to say never but thats harsh) perform as we expect against the so called easier teams. Maybe we were tired today from internationals but would they have found some extra energy had we been playing Man Ure? Roque wasn't his usual self and we missed his spark. Dunn was a big loss at half time and that indicates to me that we need to get someone in before the transfer deadline - Maybe Andrews was the player we needed today - Hull came to play championship style! I wouldn't have believed Benni had come on had I not heard it on the tannoy. Thought MGP looked lively today although his crossing and passing isnt as accurate as I would like it to be!

It will be interesting to see how Rovers bounce back from this result - that will be a test of Ince's management. It's certainly going to be an interesting season!

Oh and Spurs - Loving it!!!

I thought Robinson had a good solid game today and made a good save early on which got a good reaction from the crowd and a couple of important stops late on. He had no chance with the goal, bad marking and a freak header off the post. They weren't world class save but bread and butter, but he kept his concentration right up until the end. His best save was a one on one (the whistle had gone for offside, but he didn't know). He came for one hanging cross, but missed, but he did enough to put off the Hull forward. Apart from one misplaced kick, his kicking was excellent, always finding a man - this will prove very effective as games go by. Not Friedel, but very happy with him and will only improve with games!

Some of our lads where bound to be a little warn out.. remember RSC was playing midweek in Suadi Arabia on a typicaly warm Saudi day.

I think its a little unfair to slate him and a few other lads for being a little bit tired after their midweek excursions.

Although to be fair the Australia v South Africa match was on Tuesday and in the UK, so feel free to do a fair ammount of Axe and McBennie bashing :)

Look at the other teams that had trouble today.. Fulham v Arse, Stoke v Villa and Spuds v Sunderland.. in all three of these matches which team of the pairing had players away for midweek internationals? Thank god we did not loose like those teams.

We all know it takes a few weeks of premier league matches to get fully match fit, throwing in International matches is hardly going to help.

Anyone know if Carlos was in Turkey for their match.. I seem to remember someone quoting 9 of our lads away on international duty?

I'm not suprised nor worried.

Up until about five years ago, it was those who picked up points away from home who finished high up the league. Now it is those who pick up the home points who are usually in the upper reaches.

Us and about 12 others are far better set to go to teams and keep things tidy always knowing we can nick a goal if teams try and force the issue against us.

Not many teams are good enough to beat others outright.

disappointing result and performance today, especially with conceding 2 minutes after scoring. If we had held that lead until half time I think it would have been a completely different game and we could have dictated the play much more. still early in the season though and Ince will still have to see what he thinks is best.

negatives for me were the complete lack of width. reid is not a right winger, and when emerton went there second half he was playing inside ooijer most of the time. go out side brett! have no fear you plank you are faster than most people

absolutely no creativity at all today either. the axe was a pointless selection...Hull were playing no attacking midfielder so there was no need to be so deep. all he did was pass sideways the entire game. shame carlos wasn't involved.

RSC had a difficult game, maybe he was tired. Sadly, I think credit must go to Turner and the normally poor Gardner. they won pretty much anything.

positives were Roberts, who was by far the best player, and Warnock. who said he was playing for hull? rediculous comment. he looked far more of a threat going forward than MGP.

still early, but its clear investment is needed on the right to stop being so narrow, and in the centre of midfield.

My God, I've just seen Hull's goal and our defending was shambolic, absolutely unforgiveable. Oh, and Phil Brown doesn't shut up, does he? All I can hear on the TV is 'go on! Go on! Get him! Close him down! Go on!'

Somebody PLEASE put me out of my misery and tell me the extent of Dunn's injury???

Archived