BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Preview

My God, I've just seen Hull's goal and our defending was shambolic, absolutely unforgiveable. Oh, and Phil Brown doesn't shut up, does he? All I can hear on the TV is 'go on! Go on! Get him! Close him down! Go on!'

Somebody PLEASE put me out of my misery and tell me the extent of Dunn's injury???

Ince said on Radio Rovers that Dunn only trained on Friday last week because of an achillies injury. They are hoping that through resting it this week he will be fit for West Ham.

Although Sky are claiming it's a calf injury

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THank you!

Neither Roberts nor Benni looked too impressed when their substitution was made. Roberts probably had a right to be, Benni might have a case if he weren't blatantly stuffing his face with cakes during the game. Seriously, how fat does he look?

Another thought, from the Football First highlights that I've seen, Pedersen looks to have hugely improved since last season. If we can balance him out with a good right winger, then we could be quite potent down the left this season.

We really lacked creativity in midfield. Lots of effort from Rovers but poor quality.

It crossed my mind that if we had had their No 10, Geovanni, in our midfield we would have won easily.

We need to replace mediocre players with skillful ones.

Can't wait to see what Villanueva can do.

Four points from first two games is satisfactory. Better that we drop the two against Hull rather than against rivals Everton.

did'nt win and did'nt lose, so can't really grumble............feeling way better tonight than arsenal and spuds fans. On another day......and all that. 4pts from 2 games and unbeaten, both strikers on a 1 in 2 goal ratio, roll on the whammers.

Spuds start to the season really does work wonders at taking the edge off a hum drum home performance from us.

Today was expected to be honest. It was obvious from the 1st minute that Hull had come for anything and fair play to them. For the full 90 mins they had all 11 men behind the ball when we had it.

Hulls goal was a fluke, other than that they wouldnt of scored in a brothel - they lack a striker or 2. They were so dull and boring. I think they tried to bore us to death.

Rovers - Axe, Gamst, Robbo and Robinson did well. Samba/ Nelsen looking much better. RSC not too bad but didnt see much of the ball. Emerton as always full of running. Warnock played poor, ooijer isnt a right back. Reid did well - nice pass to set up JR. Tugay im sorry is passed it, McCarthy should be sold asap - totally not interested.

I have been supportive of Ince but he is failing in certain judgments - in effect, repeating Hughes' failed experiments.

Reid and Emerton ARE NOT reliable right wingers. They can have their moments, but over a season, they will not do enough to justify selection. A right winger must have a bit of guile. Do we have to go through the torturous palarver all over again of finding out that these two are not wingers? I'm half expecting Ince to sign Nils Eric Johansson and see his potential as a left back.

Ince should show some guts and play Treacy or Judge on the right wing. These guys, once they overcome novice nerves, will at least offer a bit of skill. ALternatively, Ince should sign a right winger. One of the two PLEASE!

Secondly, Keith ANdrews, please sign. Aaron Mokoena is an abysmal excuse for a footballer and nothing he does disturbs my opinion. Of course, he has his odd moment, a bit like Ciccio Grabbi who had the odd moment. The odd moment does not make a footballer. Mokoena has got to go ASAP. WHY on earth is Johann Vogel behind MOkoena? What the heck is Ince doing on that one?

As Paul said, we may have to get used to this kind of mediocrity. It's only when Santa Cruz or Gamst or Dunn have a special game/moment, do we stand a chance of rising above this mediocrity. However, I am hopeful that Carlos Villaneuva will revolutionise the side. He has the ability that many of our midfielders sadly lack.

Under Hughes, we made up for a shortage in talent with tremendous fitness and effort. Ince wants to play pretty football - he needs to get some better footballers into his team - otherwise, he's going to fail.

BTW: Well done to Hull City and Phil Brown. They're doing very well and seem to have great heart and considerable talent.

Reviewing my post, I think it's worth saying that there's no need for panic. Hopefully, Ince will learn from this game.

Today was expected to be honest. It was obvious from the 1st minute that Hull had come for anything and fair play to them. For the full 90 mins they had all 11 men behind the ball when we had it.

Hulls goal was a fluke, other than that they wouldnt of scored in a brothel - they lack a striker or 2. They were so dull and boring. I think they tried to bore us to death.

Rovers - Axe, Gamst, Robbo and Robinson did well. Samba/ Nelsen looking much better. RSC not too bad but didnt see much of the ball. Emerton as always full of running. Warnock played poor, ooijer isnt a right back. Reid did well - nice pass to set up JR. Tugay im sorry is passed it, McCarthy should be sold asap - totally not interested.

Well done Hughesy, I havent seen many on this board say they thought Warnock was poor, I agree he was poor, which is a shame because hes one that didnt play in an international game mid week so theres no excuses or him. He did look promising going forward but there was never any end product to his attack play .

I have been supportive of Ince but he is failing in certain judgments - in effect, repeating Hughes' failed experiments.

Reid and Emerton ARE NOT reliable right wingers. I'm half expecting Ince to sign Nils Eric Johansson and see his potential as a left back.

Ince should show some guts and play Treacy or Judge on the right wing.

I agree although to be fair to Ince he's still having his early viewing of the team/squad. If after today he persists with the same midfield then I'd be worried. I'd also be worried if another midfielder wasnt in before the window shuts, be it Andrews, the Aussie or whoever.

I couldnt understand why Warnock was taking all the throws when pedersen can hit the penalty spot with his.

Warnock had some dodgy moments, he was covered by other players 2 or 3 times - he also made a terrible pass to put Hull through on goal in the 1st half too.

One of his games to forget really. Pedersen worked very hard again and came close twice with long range efforts - I think his confidence is creeping back in

Bloody hell rover 6 - 90 minutes of uninspiring football - give the manager a chance, no-one could blame him for sticking with the same starting eleven that played so brilliantly last week. We know as fans that by and large certain players who have been here a while can't perform in certain roles. I presume Ince will need a handful of games to reach the same conclusions.

BTW: Well done to Hull City and Phil Brown. They're doing very well and seem to have great heart and considerable talent.

Errr.............. that would be the team doing exactly the same as us in joint second?

Reid and Emerton ARE NOT reliable right wingers. They can have their moments, but over a season, they will not do enough to justify selection. A right winger must have a bit of guile. Do we have to go through the torturous palarver all over again of finding out that these two are not wingers?

Ince should show some guts and play Treacy or Judge on the right wing. These guys, once they overcome novice nerves, will at least offer a bit of skill.

Secondly, Keith ANdrews, please sign. Aaron Mokoena is an abysmal excuse for a footballer and nothing he does disturbs my opinion. Mokoena has got to go ASAP. WHY on earth is Johann Vogel behind MOkoena?

As Paul said, we may have to get used to this kind of mediocrity. It's only when Santa Cruz or Gamst or Dunn have a special game/moment, do we stand a chance of rising above this mediocrity. However, I am hopeful that Carlos Villaneuva will revolutionise the side. He has the ability that many of our midfielders sadly lack.

RUBBISH! Mokoena is playing ahead of Vogel, because Vogel is injured! Also Mokoena has been probably within our best 3 performers in both games so far.

As for right wing, we are looking, we havent had much time, so we are looking for the right man. Treacy is a left winger, so why play him on the right? Judge also isnt a winger - so why should we persist with them to be proved they aint again??? Reid and Emerton are simply a stop gap on the right wing - FFS give Ince and Co time. 2 games, 4 pts, unbeaten and better than all of our rivals so far after a tough away game and a banana skin home tie. Look at this lot - Tottenham 0pts, Everton 3pts, Villa 3pts, Pompey 0pts. Glad you dont live near Bridgend!

I agree although to be fair to Ince he's still having his early viewing of the team/squad. If after today he persists with the same midfield then I'd be worried. I'd also be worried if another midfielder wasnt in before the window shuts, be it Andrews, the Aussie or whoever.

I agree we need another man in the middle, but like above, give them time.

How much McCarthy feel when Mr. Santa +20k Cruz barely turns up and stays on the pitch for 90 minutes. It was clear that he was tired or something, he needed to go off and Benni needed more than 10 minutes to get into the game. Why do managers think that you can throw on an attacking player with a few minutes and expect him to prove himself or change the game? The only players who can really do much late on are players with pace who can stretch a side, we don't have any of those and Benni certainly isn't one.

I'm not having a dig at Santa Cruz, no one plays well for 38 games, but if a player isn't playing well then he should go off when we are struggling to create in the 60th minute and he is bringing and end to almost all of our attacks, especially when he isn't even a player who creates something out of nothing.

Crikey Eddie, I know McCarthy can do no wrong in your eyes, but he looks a passable impersonation for Michelin Man at present. And whilst that is a humerous comparison, it's not really any exaggeration.

And RSC isn't allowed to have one bad game, but it doesn't matter if Benni hasn't performed for over 12 months?

We were not outplayed yesterday Hull just sat on us very effectively and combined with tired players, especially RSC who, when not sandwiched inbetween 2 defenders, would barely even move for the ball.

Reid, unfortunately, does not seem to be regaining his old form. He made a couple of good passes but generally 1/5 balls is his old self and the other 4 are wasted.

Roberts was good but his first touch still lets him down sometimes.

There was nowt wrong with the Axe that I saw but he shouldn't be played at home games.

MGP was good again, a few poor crosses but he's definitely on his way back up.

Robinson was very good, fantastic kicker of the ball!

Samba, passed back way too often, Nelson was solid as usual, Ooijer wandered far too often and Warnock wasn't his usual self.

Overall I was surprised to see the same team that lined up against Everton and thought we would at least see Carlos and Derbs. Mac should not have been brought on - Derbs would have been perfect, fast, tricky, would have ripped a whole in Hull's well marshalled defence.

I think Hull will do OK, they'll play Championship games away and try to get wins at home and probably finish mid-table. Bit dissappointed with the result as it should have been a turkey shoot on paper. Also remember that Arsenal played crap and lost to Fulham - obviously the internationals did have an affect, especially if 1 team had lots of players in action and the other didn't (as was the case with us).

Oh and Spurs - ha! ha! ha!

obviously the internationals did have an affect, especially if 1 team had lots of players in action and the other didn't (as was the case with us).

Oh and Spurs - ha! ha! ha!

Yes, and I think it did have an affect in the Stoke - Villa game aswell.

Very bizarre game and very frustrating. 30 minutes in and everyone is commenting around me how good the football is and how much better than last season, lots of attacking and nice stuff. 30 seconds from the end and everyone has either gone or wants Ince out cos he wasn't ranting on the touchline like Brian Kidd. That's football for you.

For the record I was a bit concerned that not one member of staff seemed to shout anything of note or attempt to gee up the team at any point during the game. I'm not a big fan of these touchline coaches like Strachan, Kidd, Brown yesterday for example who rant and rave all day. However I do think something is needed at times and that was lacking big style. I agree with previous comments that Santa was the man to come off.

I think it was very frustrating because after the big positive last week this was a step backwards, the same old problems from last season but Ince will get the blame because clearly many fans have it in for him from the off. It's going to be tough and who he brings in over the next week is key. If it's just Andrews and Fowler we're going to struggle I think, he has to splash the cash from Bentley so it's how he does it that is the big test.

I think it was very frustrating because after the big positive last week this was a step backwards, the same old problems from last season but Ince will get the blame because clearly many fans have it in for him from the off. It's going to be tough and who he brings in over the next week is key. If it's just Andrews and Fowler we're going to struggle I think, he has to splash the cash from Bentley so it's how he does it that is the big test.

The same old problems too true, all the negative stuff was there to see, can Ince really see this or is it that the players hes inherited are probably a lot, lot better than what he had at MKDons that he thinks its all going to be rosey for him and Blackburn Rovers.

Bentley didnt seem to create much for Spuds today

Stan Collymore said something good last night on TalkShyte.He said he cant understand why Bentley went to Spurs.As crowds size apart they are on a par with Rovers.Expected to finish the League in or around the same position as Rovers.It's clear he hasnt moved to the next phase of his career and just took a side step for more money.

Stan Collymore said something good last night on TalkShyte.He said he cant understand why Bentley went to Spurs.As crowds size apart they are on a par with Rovers.Expected to finish the League in or around the same position as Rovers.It's clear he hasnt moved to the next phase of his career and just took a side step for more money.

Less money actually.

He was offered £55K a week at Rovers back in February.

He took £47K a week at Spurs in July.

He must be permanently tiddled.

Less money actually.

He was offered £55K a week at Rovers back in February.

He took £47K a week at Spurs in July.

He must be permanently tiddled.

Fair enough.Either way it's clear he wanted to play for the club he "supported" <_<

Leave him to it.He was a good player when he turned up, But life must and will go on.

For the record I was a bit concerned that not one member of staff seemed to shout anything of note or attempt to gee up the team at any point during the game. I'm not a big fan of these touchline coaches like Strachan, Kidd, Brown yesterday for example who rant and rave all day. However I do think something is needed at times and that was lacking big style. I agree with previous comments that Santa was the man to come off.

That's one of the things the Taffia had. Eddie would sit at the back of the dug-out and yell from there (very disconcerting for those of us close to him but his voice could REALLY be heard). Bowen would watch from the front of the dug-out and give advice from there. At times both of them would confer and they or Hughesy would then do something.

I wasn't there yesterday- Reading Festival had the edge- but maybe Roversmum- who has an excellent view- could tell us what was going on??

Archived