BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

Jason Roberts. Hes the type of player that you either love him or hate him. He's a typical centre forward, with his power, pace and sheer determination (let's not talk about his finishing :P). We saw in the Everton game and a couple of games last season that he is capable of being the striker we all saw at Wigan and the reason Sparky bought him in.

With all the rumours going round about Benni leaving and Rovers bringing in Zigic. The question is, would you want to keep Roberts at Blackburn Rovers?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has some good attributes that have been mentioned above, but he is missing the one thing that a striker needs he cannot finish. The positions he finds himself in mean he should get 15 a season, but he does not, squad player at best sorry.

In todays game I feel you have to have a player up front who is blistering with pace, we lack this and need this I still feel it one of our greatest weaknesses.

I'd be looking to get one in, one out, we depend so much on RSC if he gets injured then, well I don't want to think about it really.

Jason Roberts. Hes the type of player that you either love him or hate him.

I beg to differ on that; I neither love nor hate him.

He's useful, when confident. However, if he was to leave, I do not think it'd be too hard to find a decent replacement.

If there's one type of striker that is quite common in England, it's the fleet-footed behemoth with a penchant for fluffing chances. Heskey is their patron saint.

At the moment we should keep Roberts, but that is only because we dont have another out and out goalscorer. If Benni was back in form, then id consider selling Roberts if we could replace him with someone with abit more pace and who can score goals.

Roberts is abit frustrating because he works very hard, but cant put the ball in the net and also he does too much moaning. If he was at good at Shooting as he is at moaning then he would be a very good player. Also something I hate seeing is that when he is subbed he sulks, I hate that in a player! He should acknowledge the managers decision, applaud the fans and then go off. I noticed Ince at the weekend absolutley b*llock him and made him applaud us when he was going off.

I think he adds something to the team, in that he causes other teams problems. He can actually be unplayable sometimes, even against the better teams.

Granted, his finishing is poor, but still think we should keep him, unless someone makes a silly offer (and we have a suitable replacement lined up obviously)

roberts is a very good player to have in our side, he causes oppostion defences all kinds of problems with his strength, just like he did at Everton on Saturday to Lescot and Yobo. He might not be the finisher in the world but his all other strenghts help the team an awful lot. I rather have him in the side then lazy benni anyday.

roberts is a very good player to have in our side, he causes oppostion defences all kinds of problems with his strength, just like he did at Everton on Saturday to Lescot and Yobo. He might not be the finisher in the world but his all other strenghts help the team an awful lot. I rather have him in the side then lazy benni anyday.

He has to work on his finishing, he does bring some great qualities to the team, he should be in ahead of Benni without doubt. Trouble is when you look past Cruz who is going to score on a regular basis?

Roberts Rovers Stats totals:

League

21 (24) 7

FA Cup

1 (2) 1

League cup

1 (1) 0

Other

5 (2) 2

So

28 (29) and 10 goals scored.

We have all our eggs in one basket, Benni I just don't get and I doubt most of the footballing world do either, an enigma if ever there was one. Everyone says without Cruz we're doomed if he gets injured its no different. We should be looking to shift one on.

Roberts is the best of the rest, although I'd like to see Derbyshire started with Cruz againast Hull. We need a partnership, a double act, if we are serious about doing well. The fortunate thing is its an area our rivals look weak in too.

definitely keep him- should have had a couple at anfield last season- gave the centre halves real trouble- plus the last minute winner against notlob, fantastic!

he works incredibly hard, I can understand when he was watching benni from the bench last season that he wanted to go.

There isn't a great deal of point analysing his scoring record, we all know he isn't a striker that is going to get you a great deal of goals in a season, its not his game. He is more of a Heskey esque player who works hard caused problems for defenders and allows someone with more technical talent to work off him. If were looking for a strike partner to score goals then Roberts is not the answer but he is a great foil for Santa Cruz.

In an ideal world we would like someone who could chip in with a few more goals himself but there would be an argument that a more prolific partner for Roque may actually dry up some of Roque's goals.

If we do find a suitable replacement then there is no doubt in my mind that Roberts is still a useful option and definitely worth keeping in the squad. You can'ty question his desire, work rate and determination.

Archived