BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

Roberts will have a few games to play in the upcoming fixtures, hopefully he can net a few goals and play strong so we can either have an in form striker or get a better price for him in January... its all tactical.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason would be a terrific acquisition for a Championship side. Every now and again he does something that makes you think he's worth persevering with but the end product is rarely there and the feeling never lasts. If everyone of our starting eleven were of his quality we would be relegated. The trouble is,I fear we're getting there. Unless we make signings in January significantly better than Jason Roberts I fear the worst.

Terrible performance. He kept backing away from passes instead of moving forward to 'meet' them, allowing Chelsea defenders to nip in and cut out his supply line. He was really poor today but still approx 10x better than his replacement.

In his defence the passing and supply line to him were non existant.

ont he one occasion we had a supply and pass at least he got a shot off and forced a keeper to make a save.

The supply wasn't there, but it was never going to be against Chelsea. Roberts should have run himself into the ground, held the ball up when the chance arose and generally given Terry and Alex a hard game. He did none of these things - all he did was turn nicely and fluff a gilt edged chance.

The supply wasn't there, but it was never going to be against Chelsea. Roberts should have run himself into the ground, held the ball up when the chance arose and generally given Terry and Alex a hard game. He did none of these things - all he did was turn nicely and fluff a gilt edged chance.

Interesting. I didn't think he had a gret game today but I did think he did a good job running the line and giving the centrebacks a hard time. I thought they really struggled with him.

I was completely non plusssed by Fowler coming on. What was that supposed to achieve?

Interesting. I didn't think he had a gret game today but I did think he did a good job running the line and giving the centrebacks a hard time. I thought they really struggled with him.

I was completely non plusssed by Fowler coming on. What was that supposed to achieve?

Give him some money for christmas :D

Yep. Totally agree - Should be one of the first out the door in January, IMO.

What, the guy who who has just been handed a new contract?

(And that particular saga has been rolling on for ages since Hughes was here before anyone uses it as another excuse to have a go at Ince)

Archived