BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

What, the guy who who has just been handed a new contract?

Afraid so Rev. Robert’s seems to generally struggle IMO, especially for a player, which should be imposing himself more on the oppositions defence.

IMV, Roberts was handed a contract to ensure that he doesn't go on a free. I am sure that this move was purely asset protection and not based on talents of JR.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roberts is worse then Nathen Blake and he was Pants.........It amazes me that he is a "Premiership" player and that he has been playing at this level for some time...........The guy has cost us so many points and his over game is so UGLY......never seen a striker toe poke so much...............he lacks Balance ..........................Guile.........He is Rubbish and is one of the main reasons Ince is getting Undue IMHO flak........

IMV, Roberts was handed a contract to ensure that he doesn't go on a free. I am sure that this move was purely asset protection and not based on talents of JR.

Spot on.

The guy must have a physique second to none and should be able to power his way through all but the best defences, yet plays like a fairy and spends most of his time complaining instead of getting on with it.

I'm fairly sure you're right but who's going to want to buy him given the 'displays' he's currently putting in!

I can't get over how he just waits for the ball to arrive at his feet, sometimes even setting off before it's reached him, only for a defender to easily read it and intercept. I thought it was just poor judgement in the Chelsea game - considering the surface water - but he seems to keep doing it. And for a big man, he seems to fall over far too easily. I'd sooner he was giving away the odd free kick for trying his best to batter through defenders but right now I'd settle for him at least doing the basics right.

Was just thinking, this is the same Jason Roberts who gave the Arsenal back-line a torrid going-over in a league cup semi?

Has he got worse since he's left Wigan?

Maybe it's a coaching thing.

He actually started off the first two or three games of the season off like a house on fire, cemented his place in the starting line up for the first time during his Ewood stay, then promptly regressed at a rate of knots to the point where he looks worse now than he ever has done during his time here.

Perhaps it's a "I've secured my new contract" thing.

Has he got worse since he's left Wigan? Maybe it's a coaching thing.

Yes, IMV, he has been worse since he left Wigan in 06'. I think he had better than a 1 in 3 goal ratio at Wigan, with us, he has less than a 1 in 5. <_<

Maybe you're right and it is related to the coaches or maybe its a man management issue?

If we sell the bugger in the next window, we could still get a reasonable fee (i.e. similar to the Savage situation) and this for a player that is coming up to 31st birthday in January..

I know he has caused problems for defence's on his day, but he has never produced this quality, consistently.

Ince is responsible for Roberts' form. Disgusting.

Yet another reason to sack Ince.

Hahahaha.... Brilliant!

Hughes signs Roberts from Wigan, Roberts goes from scoring 1 in 3 to 1 in 5. Ince arrives and the same form continues so it must be Ince's fault!

You must seriously be a wind up merchant from Notlob or the Dingles, there's just no other explanation for it.

Hahahaha.... Brilliant!

Hughes signs Roberts from Wigan, Roberts goes from scoring 1 in 3 to 1 in 5. Ince arrives and the same form continues so it must be Ince's fault!

You must seriously be a wind up merchant from Notlob or the Dingles, there's just no other explanation for it.

Roberts has been disgusting this season. Paul Ince is the manager this season. Roberts' dip in form is down to the poor man-management skills of Ince.

Roberts has been disgusting this season. Paul Ince is the manager this season. Roberts' dip in form is down to the poor man-management skills of Ince.

Right. EVERYTHING is Ince's fault then? You are a broken record and you sound so silly... It's the best laugh I've had all day though and for that I congratulate you.

Right. EVERYTHING is Ince's fault then? You are a broken record and you sound so silly... It's the best laugh I've had all day though and for that I congratulate you.

But Ivan, Frisky Jim has evidence Ince invaded Poland in 1939, invented AIDS caused global warming and killed all the rabbits in Watership Down. Ince is more evil than Stalin, Pol Pot and Dean Saunders combined, yet as incompetent as Dad's Army and Frank Spencer.

I think we saw on Saturday that altho Roberts isn't a top striker he does have a role to play for us at the moment. He occupied two of the Sunlun back 4 for the first half and when he was taken off Roque's job got much harder as he was so outnumbered. In the absence of a better option (i.e. one who can score a goal) he'll do for now.

In all fairness most said the same about Kevin Davies and he's done well since leaving us to the extent that most would have him back like a shot should RSC choose to leave. Roberts is no Berbatov or Anelka but we all know that he is better than he is showing at the moment. Two things strikers need to maximise their potential....

1. The rest of the team to play to their strengths and abilities. (Roberts is useless in the air and with his back to goal and thats why he likes to play down the channels. At the moment he is simply trying to rush everything he does of which his ball control has become the first casualty)

2. Confidence.

Like Davies during his time here he doesn't appear to have either at the moment. A good coach would likely get more out of him.

Archived