BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big blow for us that.

Ok his finishing is woeful, but Samba's needed at the back, and Robert's all round play is beneficial to the team. (And when he doesn't have time to think, he can score.) It could well make a huge difference to our chances of staying up.

TCO agree, would be tempted to put Diouf up front, but then if Dunn plays rm (not sure he's fit enough) who are we left with in cm - mokoena & warnock? We're running out of decent players.

J-Rob would've have been a key part in any chance we had of getting something at Anfield next weekend.

Thankfully we can write that game off now without suffering too much.

4-5-1 and benni mcarthy doesnt go, and wont go...defenders would have an easy game if that was the case..

although i would like villaneuva to be given a chance-and think 4-5-1 suits him best-benni mcarthy isnt the sort of partner he needs, he needs a roberts or santa cruz-so i dont think he will play....

samba up front-can work, worked today against two very good defenders-but you lose for me our best central defender..

What the hell was 'jase' doing in the first half?? he is so frustrating, he doesnt even make an attempt to get to balls he should be muscling in on... and why oh why does he go down like a sack of spuds every time he is touched...

very very frustrating player, more application and focus and he would have been a good player...

What the hell was 'jase' doing in the first half?? he is so frustrating, he doesnt even make an attempt to get to balls he should be muscling in on... and why oh why does he go down like a sack of spuds every time he is touched...

very very frustrating player, more application and focus and he would have been a good player...

?????????

Read the posts. He couldn't run because of an injured metatarsil.

Much as I have been critical of Jason, it is a huge blow to have him out for the rest of the season with Roque also out for the duration by all accounts.

Carlos and Benni up front at Anfield?

There'd only ever be one up front in that game imo, injury to Roberts or not.

I must say we are in deep sh1t if Benny gets crocked! I would imagine Pullis will be working on that right now. With Benni crocked for the season and as long as we dont beat em it's likely Stoke would not need another point to survive.

SSN reporting that Jason Roberts out for up to 3 weeks with the foot injury he picked up on Saturday, another player on the treatment table.

Radio Lancs reported that it is not the same injury - nor as serious- as the one he suffered against WH 3 years ago.

SSN reporting that Jason Roberts out for up to 3 weeks with the foot injury he picked up on Saturday, another player on the treatment table.

Thats better than the original fears.

I wonder if he'll get back in? Lets hope not cos it'll mean Big Chris Samba has turned into a black Roy Race. :rover:

Archived