BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Glenn Roeder pushed Ian Pearce up front in a last gasp bid to avoid the drop at West Ham... Or maybe you don't want to.

Obviously, Chrissy Samba will be upfront. He's a willing lad and will do a good job, I'm sure.

The major attraction of long ball footy is that your team can have no confidence, no skill and still unlock decent defences.

Gosh I hadn't noticed Chris is black.

Thanks for pointing that out 'drog.

I'll take more attention next time I see him. Not that it matters one jot.

Oh come on philip, if someone else had made the "black Roy Race" comment you wouldnt have batted an eyelid.

Sometimes it's justified, and sometimes its just nitpicking.

your team can have no confidence, no skill and still unlock decent defences.

Just shoot yourself now.

Samba has more skill than the rest of our team and he is pacey to go with it. His only problem is that he isn't very subtle with his fouls.

If Roberts & RSC are out for the season then with Sam's tactics it has to be Chris Samba up front with Benni and Diouf playing just either side of him.

The only match I'd consider switching him back for is the Stoke game where his strength will be needed at the back.

Makes the decision to get rid of Derbyshire look daft. Fair enough with a replacement.

Ah! Ian Pearce

I'm sure Ian Pearce ended up playing as a striker in the 1994 charity shield. Shearer, Sutton out and one of Newell and Gallacher too... And if I'm not mistaken Ince scored with an overhead kick :lol: what a player! :wacko:

• 6 months later...

And so big Jason's annual show-stopper is followed by the usual "if I don't play every week, my toys are coming out". Personally, I'm getting sick to death of all this holding to ransom. Shut up or ###### out and see where you end up, Jase.

Probably in the Championship.

Can you lot not give a guy an even break. Jason has looked poor this season because he has been used as a poor man's Davies and he is not that sort of player. Give him a partner in a 442 or a 433 and he will do his bit and score goals if you don't give him too much time to think about it.

There are very few players who can play on their own with no help from midfield as he has been asked to do. We need him with one (or two) of Di Santo, McCarthy or Kalinic as a target man for the others to play off. We can't afford Drogba and Jason is as near to him that we can afford.

Would you prefer Heskey? He plays for England!

By the way, he did not try to trap the ball for his second goal. He sidefooted it into the net.

But when he does have a good little run he seems to get complacent. You can usually tell by the flailing of his arms at the match officials or the hands on hips time.

He's not consistent enough to be playing regularly and he's shown that to us over the last 3 seasons. He gets chances but just cannot take them.

Not often we disagree is it El Tombro? :rolleyes:

He's not consistent enough to be playing regularly and he's shown that to us over the last 3 seasons. He gets chances but just cannot take them.

You've hit the nail right on the head there - he's at best an impact sub.

Give the guy a break FFS. I still think that he causes the opposition defence more problems that any striker we've got.

Causes defences problems yes - not too sure how often he causes keepers problems though!!

Would be interesting should another club come calling for him.....how much would he be worth?!

Roberts won us that game on sat!

He was a totally different class!

Sam needs to make the best of what we have, which is deffo benni and roberts! He needs to put his personal feuds away and stop dropping them for no reason!

Roberts is very much like a striking version of Brad, very good at reaction shots, but not too brill when he has time to think about them!

Benni and Roberts up front every week!

Archived