BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the reward, he doesn't deserve to be slagged off for this. His charity work for the young footballers over there is second to none! I don't care how @#/? he is; he fully deserves his MBE in this case!

He also deserves all the slagging off on this thread for taking the P I S S out of Blackburn Rovers and their fans from day one.

TAKING THE P I S S JASON.

I fully agree with you 'mellison24' & we've got to give him huge credit for his charity work but we are the ones who pay his wages & a damn big one at that as 'Hughesy' as pointed out !!!

Maybe if he'd have put half the effort, dedication & commitment he has shown in his charity work, into his performances when playing for us, he wouldn't be being slated left, right & centre !!!!

I think he does put the effort in, he's just a poor player that's all

I can accept that Roberts is a poor striker. However to question is effort, dedication and commitment is a joke. I'd still have him over Di Santo.

You'd take Roberts over Di Santo?

You couldn't explain why could you? :rock:

Regarding Roberts footballing ability... The guy is a complete joke in terms of his bitching and moaning when getting 'touched' and is very counter productive to the whole team.

Everyone that sits around me can see that so why can BS???

Against Sunderland in the second half (just before he was taken off); Roberts got fairly tackled near their box, he went down and just sat there for about 30 seconds claiming a freekick instead of getting up and chasing the ball down.

2 guys who sit near me in the BBE went mental! Proper yelling and screaming at Roberts to get up and "work for his wage"

I've never seen anyone as angry in my whole life haha.

I think he does put the effort in, he's just a poor player that's all

You'd take Roberts over Di Santo?

You couldn't explain why could you? :rock:

In the last 2 or 3 years I've seen Roberts change games and bully centre halves. I've yet to see much from Di Santo apart from a lot of effort and a sublime layoff against the dingles.

If he was called Frank Smith from Chesterfield more people would probably agree.

In the last 2 or 3 years I've seen Roberts change games and bully centre halves. I've yet to see much from Di Santo apart from a lot of effort and a sublime layoff against the dingles.

If he was called Frank Smith from Chesterfield more people would probably agree.

Comparing Di Santo and Roberts isnt really fair. Roberts has changed a game maybe 3/4 times in the 3 years he's been with us. For the vast majority of that time he has been poor, if not very poor. Di Santo has had an ok 4 months without scoring much. I know who id rather have in the team. Raw potential alone is enough to get Di Santo in ahead of Roberts.

There's lies, damn lies and statistics. Just to be a bit argumentative again:-

ROVES PREMIERSHIP CAREERSS

From open play, Roberts has scored 17 goals in 4945 minutes on the pitch. That is a goal every 291 minutes.

From open play, Benni has scored 24 goals in 6872 minutes on the pitch. That is a goal every 286 minutes.

Also:-

Roberts was credited with 13 assists in the 4945 minutes on the pitch. An assist every 380 minutes.

Benni was credited with 7 assists in 6872 minutes on the pitch. An assist every 981 minutes.

Still. At least benni puts more effort in. Doh !!

In the last 2 years I've seen Roberts go down easier than a hooker with a hand full of twenties.

Di Santo is 20 years old, a lot less experienced and gets more game time than Roberts. That say's a lot.

Roberts has had his time to shine, he rarely did. Time to move on.

and I don't really understand your last sentence

ROVES PREMIERSHIP CAREERS

From open play, Roberts has scored 17 goals in 4945 minutes on the pitch. That is a goal every 291 minutes.

From open play, Benni has scored 24 goals in 6872 minutes on the pitch. That is a goal every 286 minutes.

Still. At least benni puts more effort in. Doh !!

Not wanting to dampen your stats but 'open play' doesnt really matter

what matters is......Benni has 37 league goals, not 24......compared to JR's 17

Guest andrewpickup

He is no great player imo but his work puts football into context and proves he is 10 times the man of all of his detractors put together

Exactly.

I'm amazed we sought to extend Di Santo's loan after one (fortuitous) goal in half a season.

Sam (and most others on here) must see something in him I can't.

For all the carping about Roberts he has scored three Premiership goals which whilst still poor is better than Di Santo's and Benni's one apiece and Kalinic's zero.

Exactly.

I'm amazed we sought to extend Di Santo's loan after one (fortuitous) goal in half a season.

Sam (and most others on here) must see something in him I can't.

For all the carping about Roberts he has scored three Premiership goals which whilst still poor is better than Di Santo's and Benni's one apiece and Kalinic's zero.

It's a big step to admit you know nothing about football. Congratulations.

How so?

Di Santo still has it all to prove.

Poor man's Jon Stead imo.

You had decided you didn't like him well before he had signed though didn't you. Since then he has performed ok but missed lots of chances. He is part of the reason Dunn has been so good anyway. Roberts has had one second half and has been @#/? ever since he signed.

Stead has nowhere near the talent of Di Santo.

I will never understand why you are so negative about most things but have always thought that selling Friedel and getting Robinson in was a good idea.

In regards to the reward, he doesn't deserve to be slagged off for this. His charity work for the young footballers over there is second to none! I don't care how @#/? he is; he fully deserves his MBE in this case!

Presumably there are now thousands of grenadien kids who play football on roller skates instead of footy bootd and who are 6ft tall normally and only 4ft 6" when they jump to head a ball? :rolleyes:

Presumably there are now thousands of grenadien kids who play football on roller skates instead of footy bootd and who are 6ft tall normally and only 4ft 6" when they jump to head a ball? :rolleyes:

Perhaps :P but those kids also now are able to take part in a structured sport with good coaches and are taught how to eat and exercise properly. This presumably increases self-esteem and confidence somewhat, which can only be a good thing. There is no way on this Earth that THAT work can be knocked. Most of it is out of Jason's pocket too. Belittle his football as much as you like, but don't belittle his charity. Or any charity for that matter.

Perhaps :P but those kids also now are able to take part in a structured sport with good coaches and are taught how to eat and exercise properly. This presumably increases self-esteem and confidence somewhat, which can only be a good thing. There is no way on this Earth that THAT work can be knocked. Most of it is out of Jason's pocket too. Belittle his football as much as you like, but don't belittle his charity. Or any charity for that matter.

Charity begins at home. How about bringing some of those coaches over to help Bennny Mac get the hang of those issues? :)

Archived