BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Force him to retire and collect the insurance????

I think Vince seriously needs to re-think the way he plays. Injured consistently with little niggles surely his leap before you look approach is playing some part? Throws himself into tackles left right and centre and being made of glass well its just asking for trouble.

I don't normally have a problem with any of your posts Majiball but I think you're being extremely disrespectful to glass there.

I think we should just tell Grella not to think about playing for Blackburn until a good 2/3 months into the season. Tell him to get himself physically fit, clear of any niggling injuries and not to even think about playing football until he's fixed.

Or play him every match until he breaks down completely and we collect the insurance.

Guest shoppybrfc

Awesome player, hope he stays for years to come, worth every penny of his wage, a total asset to any football club.

We love you Vince! Our own Mr.Reliable

I don't normally have a problem with any of your posts Majiball but I think you're being extremely disrespectful to glass there.

LOL.

Or play him every match until he breaks down completely and we collect the insurance.

They have an over-speed treadmill at Brockhall, I'd put him in the harness set it to 30-35 KM/H and then go home. Hopefully by the morning the call could be made.

Can't the medical team write him off / declare that he is unfit and unable to work?

I know he's not a car taking an MOT, but surely there must be some standard of physical capablity that you need to have to be able to be a footballer? I mean it is clearly obvious to everyone that his body simply isn't up to contact sports.

If Gala had any sense whatsoever the contract would've been apperance related - and Grella would have been naive, although have a lot of integrity, to accept such a deal.

Can't the medical team write him off / declare that he is unfit and unable to work?

I know he's not a car taking an MOT, but surely there must be some standard of physical capablity that you need to have to be able to be a footballer? I mean it is clearly obvious to everyone that his body simply isn't up to contact sports.

If Gala had any sense whatsoever the contract would've been apperance related - and Grella would have been naive, although have a lot of integrity, to accept such a deal.

It was appearance related from what I have been told, Grella was asking for the same money as Kewell and Neil, they said thats ok but appearance related due to his injury record last year, think he had to play 70% of the games!!

It was appearance related from what I have been told, Grella was asking for the same money as Kewell and Neil, they said thats ok but appearance related due to his injury record last year, think he had to play 70% of the games!!

I think that's fair, so long as it was fit to play 70% of the games and not actually playing 70% of the games. If I were a player I would hate to be in Dindane's position where the manager won't play you as it would trigger additional financial liability for the club. It would be too easy for clubs to cheat players otherwise.

I think that's fair, so long as it was fit to play 70% of the games and not actually playing 70% of the games. If I were a player I would hate to be in Dindane's position where the manager won't play you as it would trigger additional financial liability for the club. It would be too easy for clubs to cheat players otherwise.

Yes, my mistake, availability I should have said!!

Blimey 7% would've been a big ask for Grella. 70% is just plain impossible. No wonder he didn't take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived