BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grella's move to galatasary is off, he couldn't agree terms with them.

It's a ruse imo. He'll still go but for a million or so less I'd imagine. His agent and Gala will have cooked up a ruse to share a million or so at our expense. Trying to play with a straight bat against Johnny Foreigner in this game is less than rewarding imo.

Is it any wonder the Walkers want out of all this crap? Little to gain and much to lose at the hands of legalised extortion racketeers. We saw similar tactics with Rangers and Ferguson. I'd imagine they simply have no need of it.

I'd imagine our prospective new owners whether from India or Thailand might be more likely to consider suggesting 'alternatives' for Vince and his agent. :unsure:

Had a feeling this deal was going tits up, after Sam was reported as saying he will be happy to have him back after the WC.

I'd imagine he is after a four year deal, which would see him well into his second or third zimmer.

Again, it highlights the fact we are paying top dollar for mediocre players and over the odds just to get them to Ewood.

Sometimes it feels like Grella is going to be the last f***-up of the Ince era that we'll never be able to rid ourselves of. :(

Funny you should mention it but I felt the same way reading the sale to Gala had fallen through that I did when I saw we had tuned down £2m from Fulham for you know who.

Don't agree with that. We've looked lightweight in midfield for much of the season, especially when Andrews partners Nzonzi. I'm not saying we look a whole different team with Grella in the side, but it gives us a stronger core.

What you are basically saying, is that you rate Grella as a player. I don't see many posts on here upset that we're selling him, or praising his abilities. Just the opposite I would say. Let's watch his input to the Australian team as well. Let's see if he can in any way impress there.

I'm just glad it didn't fall through due to a medical or fitness problems. Still hope we can shift him for a decent price this year, he's an okay player but is just far to injury prone to rely on and even when he does play he really doesn't do a lot. He's slightly better on the ball than Mokoena, that's about as complimentary as I can be.

What you are basically saying, is that you rate Grella as a player. I don't see many posts on here upset that we're selling him, or praising his abilities. Just the opposite I would say. Let's watch his input to the Australian team as well. Let's see if he can in any way impress there.

Because he's a holding midfielder. If he was a silky-skilled matchwinner, there'd be some reservations about selling him. Like I said, if he kept fit I'm sure he'd prove a valuable player. As it stands, it's clearly time to cut our losses.

I rate him Den (mind you I rated Carsley too which few others did....that is until he went to Everton and Brum).

We look a lot more compact with him patrolling defensive midfield, and especially so in SA's preferred 4-5-1 formation. His positioning allows the more attack minded midfielders to get up in support of the attack without having to worry too much whats going on behind them. Problem is that

1. He possesses little pace and commits rash tackles making him a a booking a game man.

2. He is a sick note and therefore as much use as a chocolate teapot when injured. If he had managed to stay fit I think a lot more would rate him highly and see his as integral to the team.

Because he's a holding midfielder. If he was a silky-skilled matchwinner, there'd be some reservations about selling him.

Nah, Tugay was a holding midfield player and there would have been an uproar if we had been selling him, in his prime, for £2m.

Nah, Tugay was a holding midfield player and there would have been an uproar if we had been selling him, in his prime, for £2m.

Different players, but that in mind, Tugay managed to keep himself available and prove himself. Grella's never managed to string a run of games together.

Much as we all loved watching Tugay in deep midfield in a 4-4-2 he couldn't tackle and so didn't fit in well in 4-5-1. I've a feeling thats why SA was happy to see him off the wage bill. Tugay would be remembered as one of the world best if only he had been able to play attacking midfield..... oh and he wouldn't have ever signed for us.

I have to say unless he goes we are looking at a player who is one sending off before a game has begun & a perpetual sick note. I have to say whoever think he is good whether they are watching the same Grella almost every game he is either injured. Whenver he goes in for a ball he is late and I have to say watching the aussie friendly match he was lucky not to go. 2 footed studs showing should have gone and if he starts next season will always be worried we will end up with 10 men in my opinion too much of a liability.

Not in the least surprised by those stats because he's so slow. Better, fitter and quicker players will always take him to the cleaners.

The truth is we played better without him, even we when had 10 men. I've been a fan of his in the past, and on his day he can be good and compensate for his lack of pace, but he seems to have lost all discipline and focus and just wanders aimlessly about. His passing and tackling has dropped off too. I hope this is a mental thing that can be fixed rather than an age-related deterioration.

What a crap article :blink:

Didn't the coach take Vince off in place of a more attacking midfielder because they were chasing the game?

And to be fair to him, his pass completion wasn't actually that bad.

What a crap article :blink:

Didn't the coach take Vince off in place of a more attacking midfielder because they were chasing the game?

And to be fair to him, his pass completion wasn't actually that bad.

I think the point is, that he was overrun, he wasn't involved as a central midfielder should be. Still, if you think he played well, so be it. :)

Archived