BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to bbc football's gossip column Gala are back in for Vince with a 2 million pound bid.

Thought this was worth bumping this topic back up for several reasons, not least because it is one of the first pieces of good news for rovers this summer.

Sad though it is to say this 2 million - plus the wages, almost doubles our transfer budget, not to mention gets rid of someone who is constantly unfit and an utter drain on resources off the books.

I'm not mega optimistic that it'll happen. Rovers would be stupid not to accept any money offered for him, but the idea of Vince agreeing personal terms, much less passing a medical is pretty slim imo. Still whilst an offer is in, there's hope I suppose.

According to bbc football's gossip column Gala are back in for Vince with a 2 million pound bid.

Thought this was worth bumping this topic back up for several reasons, not least because it is one of the first pieces of good news for rovers this summer.

Sad though it is to say this 2 million - plus the wages, almost doubles our transfer budget, not to mention gets rid of someone who is constantly unfit and an utter drain on resources off the books.

I'm not mega optimistic that it'll happen. Rovers would be stupid not to accept any money offered for him, but the idea of Vince agreeing personal terms, much less passing a medical is pretty slim imo. Still whilst an offer is in, there's hope I suppose.

Doubles???? If its 2.5M and we get 2M for him and save his wages, 30K a week supposedly, then we'll have 3.5M more to play with. :)

If we can shift one or two more we could perhaps actually buy a football player this summer as opposed to a donkey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

I think people are a bit harsh on Grella for his bad injury record TBH. It's annoying that he's injured so often, but like Reid plays well when he does play- he had a great game against Chelsea.

That said, with his injury record I would happy for him to be 'moved on'.

there is a case for saying it ain't his fault, but i ignore that and second your thoughts.

It sort of isn't his fault, but it sort of is.

His body obviously can't handle PL football though so he should have done the decent thing and gone to Turkey. If not there then anywhere will do.

It's not like the Reid situation where he got injured playing for us, Vince turned up in this sorry state from day one.

If he was a greyhound he would have been put down by now.

there is a case for saying it ain't his fault, but i ignore that and second your thoughts.

inces single worst piece of business by a mile, worst investment since grabbi.

thought on a bit, grabbi was 10 years ago i imagine his wages were nothing like grellas.......therefore making him the single worst signing ever on his own. Has'snt brightened my mood should really stop thinking about what an utter joke of a signing he has been.

I feel sorry for the lad to be honest. I imagine he'd like nothing more than to be fit and ready to play each week.

No room for sentiment in business....GET RID of him....even if it means giving him out for free! Beats paying him £30k + a week to constantly get injured!! :angry2:

No room for sentiment in business....GET RID of him....even if it means giving him out for free! Beats paying him £30k + a week to constantly get injured!! :angry2:

i honestly think the gala link was the last hope of ever getting a fee for him........the transfer system has collapsed and i don't think even a saudi club would pay for someone with his history!

we'll end up paying say 3m over the next 2 years for about guesstimating generously 15-20 games.

needs offering around on a free.

It sort of isn't his fault, but it sort of is.

His body obviously can't handle PL football though so he should have done the decent thing and gone to Turkey. If not there then anywhere will do.

It's not like the Reid situation where he got injured playing for us, Vince turned up in this sorry state from day one.

If he was a greyhound he would have been put down by now.

Shows how poor our previous manager was tbh, he had a record in Serie A of being a bit of a crock and thats far less a demanding League. I kind of want him to get fit though and him pulling out of all international football for the next season so he can try and do this sort of shows he is commited to trying his best. Its incredibly frustrating though to see a player we spent a fair chunk of our transfer budget on at the time and even more frustrating we have no money now.

I still think we should do what I said a few months back.

Tell him to forget about playing football until January, even if he's fit, and tell him to come back to the club in January when he can start training again. Hopefully then all his muscles, bones and whatever else can have time to full heal properly.

It might seem crazy but it's better than having him injured all the time and maybe might even get a buyer that way.

not really

grella is injured but consistent when he plays

dunn is not quite as injured but inconsistent

Sorry Braddock but you are wrong.

The most impressive thing that Grella has ever done is win the race to the egg. The problem is, he was a sperm at the time and sprained his tail on the way there.

Sorry Braddock but you are wrong.

The most impressive thing that Grella has ever done is win the race to the egg. The problem is, he was a sperm at the time and sprained his tail on the way there.

i want to sell him

but there is no denying he is a quality midfielder when fit

he's just never fit

so get rid

i'd probably give him till january though

Archived