BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

I think the point is, that he was overrun, he wasn't involved as a central midfielder should be. Still, if you think he played well, so be it. :)

Not saying he played well, but he certainly didn't play as badly as some people are making out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you are basically saying, is that you rate Grella as a player. I don't see many posts on here upset that we're selling him, or praising his abilities. Just the opposite I would say. Let's watch his input to the Australian team as well. Let's see if he can in any way impress there.

I've seen enough of him over the last 10 or so years to tell you that he is a good player, but the problem is he has been injured. Pure and simple. Also all is not well in the Australian camp, with the team split in to two. Kewell and Bresciano had a punch up an hour before the German game. So it will be interesting to see how he goes the next two games.

The reason given for his refusal to transfer to Gala is that he was unable to reach personal terms with them. That's code for "I'm making a packet out of Rovers and I'm staying there to see out my career". The curse of Ince strikes again! Anyone in for Andrews?

The reason given for his refusal to transfer to Gala is that he was unable to reach personal terms with them. That's code for "I'm making a packet out of Rovers and I'm staying there to see out my career". The curse of Ince strikes again! Anyone in for Andrews?

And you know this how ? Personal terms could also include length of contract etc. etc. etc.

Though Ince recomended the player - it will have been JW that arranged his contract.

I've seen enough of him over the last 10 or so years to tell you that he is a good player, but the problem is he has been injured. Pure and simple.

I totally agree - Rovers look far more stable when he plays and is fit. I think the reason that so many people haven't rushed to his defence is for the same reason not many were concerned when Reid was released. Doesn't matter how good a player is - if he spends all his time in the treatment room. I would imagine that if we ever sold Dunn (again) - any out cry would be tempered by his injury record

I totally agree - Rovers look far more stable when he plays and is fit.

Somebody posted statistics of results with Grella vs. without Grella; they weren't flattering to him in the slightest.

I've tried finding the post but to no avail.

I totally agree - Rovers look far more stable when he plays and is fit.

Hmmmm.

This is said occassionally. Stops short of actually commenting on his performances. Do Australia look more stable when he plays I wonder? One for the Aussies on here.

First time I saw him was against Bolton I recall, as I watched I could'nt see what he really brought to the team then I saw Kevin Davies skin him and leave him for dead :blink: .

A player with his kind of pace is going to be more of a liability than a ball winner and his passing is very average too, people can say he is or was a good player but I can only judge from what I have seen and at Rovers he has done absolutely nowt and is a total waste of money, a damn shame the deal fell through.

• Backroom

Looks like we're stuck with him it would have been a huge bonus to get him off the wagebill.

I thought he was ok when fit but offers us nothing that nzonzi can't.

Instead of posting updates on when Grella is injured I think it's easier from now on if we just assume he's injured and any updates can actually be the surprise news of him being fit for a change.

Still hope he buggers off somehow over the Summer, he's alright but his fitness problems are a joke now and at his age it's not going to get any better.

How extremely depressing reading that because of Grellas wage demands to Galtasaray the deal collapses and we have to put everything on hold. AND now he is injured again? Even Lucash agreed with Galatasaray.

That's interesting. What did lucas have to say about it?

I have been one of his biggest supporters but this is now past a joke, we need to release him on a free, get him off the wage bill and put the 4 million down as a loss.

Release him on a free to save money on wages? Forgive me if i'm wrong but wont we still have to pay the remainder of his contract if we did that?

People are making out that Grella will be happy as Larry that he's injured and getting paid. Like he loves not playing :blink:

Force him to retire and collect the insurance????

I think Vince seriously needs to re-think the way he plays. Injured consistently with little niggles surely his leap before you look approach is playing some part? Throws himself into tackles left right and centre and being made of glass well its just asking for trouble.

Archived