BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Emerton has been the Aussies best player i think but that isn't saying much.

Grella coming off was purely for a change of shape but he didn't do much either way

please, DGS, there is no, absolutely no, comparison between Neill and Grella.

Neill is certainly not poor nor oppressed, but he is certainly persecuted by those

that cannot see that he is only doing what he feels is best for his future.

It's nothing more than anyone with a business brain would do for themselves.

Now, back to Grella, get rid asap.

please, DGS, there is no, absolutely no, comparison between Neill and Grella.

Neill is certainly not poor nor oppressed, but he is certainly persecuted by those

that cannot see that he is only doing what he feels is best for his future.

It's nothing more than anyone with a business brain would do for themselves.

Now, back to Grella, get rid asap.

Correct if Guti comes this summer it's cos we will have paid more for his services than anybody else is willing to. Just as with virtually all the rest of the squad. I bet Nelsens only here cos we matched Pompeys remuneration package 3 years ago. MGP too with spurs. Shock horror but I bet we will have had to match Boltons wages when local favourite Dunny re-signed. Are you ngoing to turn on them all DGS? If not then why not?

With very very few exceptions they are all the same and anybody who thinks different is with you in cloud cuckoo land Deryck.

LT says their has been a slight stumbling block between the player & club - however they remain hopeful it will be complete today!

It wouldn't surprise me if he literally stumbled on something while signing the contract and injured himself for 3 months.

It wouldn't surprise me if he literally stumbled on something while signing the contract and injured himself for 3 months.

I can see it now:

Grella arrives at gala, picks up his contract.

He starts flicking through the papers and what happens?

He slices his finger open with the edge of the paper.

He falls to the ground rolling around in the extreme pain that paper cuts enduce.

Gala withdraw.

Its also quite probable he could strain an arm muscle lifting the pen, the mans made of glass.

I can see it now:

Grella arrives at gala, picks up his contract.

He starts flicking through the papers and what happens?

He slices his finger open with the edge of the paper.

He falls to the ground rolling around in the extreme pain that paper cuts enduce.

Gala withdraw.

Its also quite probable he could strain an arm muscle lifting the pen, the mans made of glass.

No, quite the opposite Magiball.

Grella finds fitness, goes through the entire season without injury, becomes Turkeys alltime highest scorer and is declared a hero of Turkey.

LT says their has been a slight stumbling block between the player & club - however they remain hopeful it will be complete today!

Usual stuff imo. His agent will be looking to squeeze a bigger severence package out of us. They have neither shame nor mercy. The tail will be wagging the dog yet again.

I'd love to be an agent for a few footballers. Life would be a permanent pisstake! Is there a course available at some University somewhere?

Usual stuff imo. His agent will be looking to squeeze a bigger severence package out of us. They have neither shame nor mercy. The tail will be wagging the dog yet again.

I'd love to be an agent for a few footballers. Life would be a permanent pisstake! Is there a course available at some University somewhere?

That's about right, Theno, whether it's us or them, it's money out of football. Money the fans have to make up.

Let's hope Gala haven't been watching the World Cup. Because all I saw was a short, slow midfielder who fouls the opposition. Those are his strengths.

That's all I've ever seen in him too.

I think a myth has developed on here that he's better than he is, mainly because he's never been fit for long enough to dispel it. Given a run of games I think everyone would draw the same conclusion as you have there.

Guest Wen Y Hu

I know its tribal:

Grellas wage demand

Just a note that the Tribal "article" is dated the 12th and is quoting a Turkish football website called Fanatik. Tribal states that Vince Grella's proposed move to Galatasaray has fallen through due to Vince's personal demands. There is no link to the article in Fanatik, which presumably is www.fanatik.com.tr.

I think a myth has developed on here that he's better than he is, mainly because he's never been fit for long enough to dispel it. Given a run of games I think everyone would draw the same conclusion as you have there.

Whenever he's played alongside Nzonzi, we've looked pretty solid in the middle. If he wasn't a crock, I imagine he could be an unsung hero, but for the £4m + wages we've paid for him he has to go.

Whenever he's played alongside Nzonzi, we've looked pretty solid in the middle.

We might have done, but not much of that is due to Grella's input. We have looked solid in the middle for a lot of the middle/latter end of the season, when Grella's not been there. :)

We might have done, but not much of that is due to Grella's input. We have looked solid in the middle for a lot of the middle/latter end of the season, when Grella's not been there. :)

Don't agree with that. We've looked lightweight in midfield for much of the season, especially when Andrews partners Nzonzi. I'm not saying we look a whole different team with Grella in the side, but it gives us a stronger core.

Archived