BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Office Clowns!

Ricky

Just had a very irate call from my ex girlfriend telling me that Rovers have kindly delivered my current girlfriends ticket for tomorrows match to her house!!! What the hell are those numpties playing at.

I phoned up yesterday and they took my postcode and found my details yet proceeded to send the ticket to an address that I havent lived at for well over 2 years. I must have had 10 - 15 tickets since I moved out from the ex's place. They shall be getting a very strongly worded letter in the morning. I'd even been in contact with the club as I appeared to have 2 customer numbers, I had been told that these had now been merged and all sorted.

Not impressed!!!!!

On Friday around 4.15 pm, I faxed the general office a ticket request for todays match. It involved an application for the Team Rovers club for kids, and a complicated set of instructions for tickets for this afternoon. By 5pm the club had rung me and all my requests and applications were done, and I had tickets bought ready for collection before the game today. Absolutely superb service, and rightly so in the market today. 10/10 for Rovers from me.

Have the tickets held for collection on match day at Ewood. Then it doesn't matter which girlfriends postcode you use. I travelled over from Bangkok to see the game v Arsenal at it worked ok for me ( apart from the fecking match!). Over the phone the ticket office were very very helpful.

Just had a very irate call from my ex girlfriend telling me that Rovers have kindly delivered my current girlfriends ticket for tomorrows match to her house!!! What the hell are those numpties playing at.

I phoned up yesterday and they took my postcode and found my details yet proceeded to send the ticket to an address that I havent lived at for well over 2 years. I must have had 10 - 15 tickets since I moved out from the ex's place. They shall be getting a very strongly worded letter in the morning. I'd even been in contact with the club as I appeared to have 2 customer numbers, I had been told that these had now been merged and all sorted.

Not impressed!!!!!

I'm just impressed that you date women!!! :P

I find that very impressive Ricky! I'd guess most ex's would have spent their next George Michael in a darkened room carefully cutting that ST card into pieces about the size of tea leaves. ^_^

My mate got on at ten past three yesterday after forgetting his season ticket and going to the ticket office to sort things out. When I say sort things out I mean that they made him pay for his duplicate ticket and it therefore cost him another £25 to watch the game.

These things happen from time to time. I forgot my season ticket last season (the only time ever) and I had no problem getting a duplicate ticket from them without charge.

My mate has been following Rovers for just short of 30 years and been a season ticket holder for virtually all those years. It's a poor do when they can't ask him a few questions to ID him and then issue a replacement ticket free of charge.

In your own place of work, if you had a customer who had been buying goods off you every two weeks for thirty years and then one week forgot to bring his cheque book, you would help him out wouldn't you? Only a raving idiot wouldn't!!

Anyway, I've told him to write to JW to highlight what went on and I'm sure common sense will prevail in the end.

Odd that. My mate from Bolton forgot his last week and after a simple phone call to the ticket office giving address and post code he was issued with a match ticket. Just a tip but I have saved my ST membership on my mobiles phone number list to prevent any hassle when ordering tickets / making enquiries etc.

Yes, I hope he will write. This kind of thing happens to most of us from time to time and it's a bit unfair to charge someone who is in the situation described.

Edit: I always keep a note of all the family's season ticket membership numbers and seat numbers on me as well.

Maybe it's just a jaded perspective of things: But when has writing a letter to anyone in power, be it John Williams or any high level official of any corporation, been:

A. actually received and read by that person

&

B. acted upon?

I doubt highly that writing to John Williams about one ticket mishap leading in a £25 misunderstanding will revolutionize the club. Not saying that it didn't suck for your mate but I hope you get the jist.

It's most unusual not to get a reply from John Williams if you write to him. I remember a couple of years ago he got riled up about something somebody had said about Rovers in the paper, found out the guy's telephone number and called him to discuss the matter!

Archived