BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jimmy Bullard Up For Sale?

A replacement for Bentley?? Don't see that one.

Also, I think he's one of those players a bit like Pedersen who fans from other clubs think is ace, but in reality isn't as good.

I'm not convinced by Bullard either. One of those players who can be influential but largely does a lot of running about and so looks better than he is.

I have one question do we want another Damien Duff/Reid injury prone midfield I don't think he is any better than what we have already and he will prob spend more time on the treatment table than Dunny and also feel we could find another cheaper alternative abroadwho wouldn't cost nearly as much as him and even 4m for a 29 yr old midfielder is a rip off if we were ever to go for him would only put 1.25M and that is me being generous

I think he would be a good signing- but it would obviously depend on the price. Maybe the fact he couldn't pass a medical means he could be cheaper?

Signing an injury-prone player without a medical would be a bit daft don't you think?

He's decent but not a lot better than we already have in my opinion.

I'd be happy to see him join for £1 million or so, no more.

But as someone else has reminded us nicko did say he would struggle to ever get through a medical, probably a case of Fulham hoping to cut their losses.

Capello has called him up for some of his friendly squads so obviously he has some talent but he reminds me a bit of Robbie Savage in that his work ethic makes up for his lack of real quality.

I think personally we should be aiming higher, unless we want to do a straight swap with Steven Reid!

Absolutely not. We can't afford to spend the amount of money Fulham will be looking for on a 29 year old.

Nicko has stated a number of times Bullard would not pass a medical.

Agree with LeChuck and there is one of the main reasons. He is injury prone and we dont need any more passengers.

Dirk's got it. Bullard is an asset but would be more of a replacement for Sav than Bentley. Decent player but I guess his injury history will stop us taking a gamble.

Interesting to see the 'treatment' dished out to him at Ewood, I guess we deemed it necessary to stop Fulham by stopping him and that constituted any means including direct intimidation. It worked too.

Crikey - yet another reality stretching concept. Jimmy Bullard as a replacement for Bentley? Jeepers.

Personally, I don't get the 'love in' on Bullard; much less as to why folk think he'd be a good signing. Isn't it obvious why Fulham don't want him anymore? Wages.

Also, there's a touch of hypocrisy in the air as the same logic people use to batter Keith Andrews as a signing applies to Bullard. Came late to the game from lower/non league, all he brought to Wigan side was energy. Goes to Fulham, and all of a sudden he's an 'international' and their 'playmaker'? That's not even concluding his bad injury record - not just his last one.

So, we're left with a lucky player with carp hair, on his last legs, with high wage demands, looking for a move? Deja Vu Mr Savage?

Bullard wouldn't come to Rovers. He's a London lad who wants to stay in bright lights.

Besides we have our own JB, Keith Andrews!

And if you disagree with that, how about the up-and-coming Alan Judge?

But I can't see Fulham accepting a bid of £2.50. He is no better than what we've got.

Bullard is a strange one, Would be outstanding for a game or two, wouldn't see him for the next month.

Give us Cruz, Pederson and Samba in exchange for Jimmy and we have a deal :D

Archived